IGNORED

Saturday or Sunday?

enoob57

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

The current week on our Gregorian calendar continued without break from the previous Julian calendar; from THURSDAY 4th October 1582 on the Julian calendar to FRIDAY 15th October 1582 on to the Gregorian calendar:

Spare us your nonsense.  I already know that you subcribe to the Yahwist garbage and the flat earth silliness.  You have nothing to say that I ever intend to take seriously.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, brakelite said:

Their salvation is not a matter between them and me...they need to convince God that Sabbath keeping is not for them.

Then why are you on here promoting it and decrying Sunday observance.   If it doesn't concern you then why are you busy pushing it?

That is why the better have good sound reasons for that rejection. I have a great reason for obedience...a stone engraving by the very finger of God. 

Actually, that is not a very good reason at all.

Now it isn't up to me to judge ones salvation...that is beyond my pay grade.

But you just said that disobeying a commandment was an indicator that one was not saved.   You can't argue this both ways.  

However, I have a testimony to share of my own conviction. Reject it if you wish. But like I saidb you best have very good reasons for doing so. Better than a table of stone inside the throne of God?

The Sabbath day is inferior to the One who is the very embodiment of the Sabbath day and the One to whom the Sabbath pointed us to.   So you can take your Sabbath day.  I will take Jesus.  

To honor the Sabbath day as if it somehow adds to or guarantees salvation is idolatry.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Spare us your nonsense.  I already know that you subcribe to the Yahwist garbage and the flat earth silliness.  You have nothing to say that I ever intend to take seriously.

The Earth is not flat so I don't know where you get your sources but then you also believe Saturday or Sunday are your special days, so your wrong there too.  As for being a Yahwist I don't why that's an issue although I have never really claimed to be. 

Yahwist
ˈjɑːwɪst/
noun

1. the postulated author or authors of parts of the first six books of the Bible, in which God is regularly named Yahweh.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

20 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Well, I've said all I'm going to say on this subject. You can lead a horse to water...

Maybe.

The sheep?  Jesus leads His sheep to "still waters" and "green pastures". 

Only His sheep.  

Guest shiloh357
41 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Matthew 19:17 (KJV)
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

John 14:15 (KJV)
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

I didn't state this, Jesus did. So I'd be VERY careful who you call a false teacher. You cannot win this argument. 

Jesus' commandments being referred to in John 14:15 were not the 10 commandments.  

Jesus never commanded anyone to keep the Sabbath.  To use that commandment as a litmus test for someone else's salvation and faithfulness to God is a false teaching.

So I know a false teacher when I see one.  And you are teaching false doctrine.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, inchrist said:

You cant call people militant, simply because you are ignorant.

How about you explain that the temple of God has not moved?

Getting a little personal. Please keep it civil.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

11 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Jesus' commandments being referred to in John 14:15 were not the 10 commandments.  

Jesus never commanded anyone to keep the Sabbath.  To use that commandment as a litmus test for someone else's salvation and faithfulness to God is a false teaching.

So I know a false teacher when I see one.  And you are teaching false doctrine.

Actually  Jesus did teach the Ten Commandments. I f you read the first chapter of the Gospel of John, it reads, in the beginning was the Word. The Word was with God and the Word was God.

It goes on to say., The Word was made flesh, he lived among us.

You see Jesus is the Word of God, so the Ten Commandments is Christ, the Word.

I will add to this, that the Sabbath is the day you personally make the Sabbath. This arguements of Sat or Sun, is silly at best. As God made all the days of the week. 

Think of it this way, we are not only asked to pray, but to become the prayer. 

As God says, be Holy for I am Holy. 

If we are to strive to be Holy, then we must strive to be the prayer. Let the prayer live in you as Christ lives in you. 

Are we striving to be Holy within this arguement?

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

Actually  Jesus did teach the Ten Commandments.

I am simply talking about John 14:15.   I am not talking about the entire body of Jesus' teachings.

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Brother, I warn you, you don't know what you're saying. I never said salvation is dependent on anything other than Jesus. You have a serious problem and when you start throwing accusations, you're treading in very dangerous waters. I forgive you.

You have been holding Sabbath observance up as litmus test for whether someone loves Jesus or not.   So yes, you are attaching the Sabbath to salvation, whether you have the integrity and honesty to admit, or not.

I have said nothing wrong that requires your forgiveness.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I am simply talking about John 14:15.   I am not talking about the entire body of Jesus' teachings.

As you well know, I wasn't talking about the teaching, as to who Jesus is. He is the 10 Commandments.