IGNORED

Saturday or Sunday?

enoob57

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Pudgenik said:

Exactly. JESUS is the Living Word. All the Bible is, the inspired Word. 

The point is that Jesus is the personification of the Sabbath.   He is the reality that the Sabbath day pointed to.   Jesus is not the Sabbath day.    When we honor Jesus as our Sabbath rest, we honor the 4th commandment.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

"I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." - Galatians 5:16

Exactly. spot on.     IF we walk in the Spirit , we wont Sin.   for the works of the flesh are these...........adultery, witchcraft, etc and so on.

Most don't have the SPIRIT and thus don't know the power of being an overcomer of evil by the POWER of the one true Christ .

We don't look to the law to earn anything, for the law only shows us we are sinners for all have transgressed it.

BUT if while we seek to be JUSTIFED by CHRIST by faith in him we ourselves our found sinners.......WELL now JESUS aint no minstir of sin  , IS HE, nope.

thus we aint following him anymore we following the flesh again, and have become or made ourselves transgressors.

TIS why the early church was lighting greased fast to correct any , I say any brethren in any I say any SIN.  so where has this sense of urgency gone today

Been captivated by the lies of men , many have.    I am very happy to see you see this clearly.   its about FOLLWOING CHRIST , obeying the SPIRIT

for truly , for  truly I say....as did paul,   WE are truly , I say truly servants to whom we obey............whether of sin unto death or of obedience unto RIGHTEOUESNESS.

You and all be blessed now and prasise our LORD on high.    and let all who name the name of Christ depart , yes depart from iquity.    as paul once said too.

Good words, love reading your posts. Pudge

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 11/4/2017 at 9:26 PM, shiloh357 said:

You  didn't answer the question....  If a Christian is told that they should keep the Sabbath day, and they reject that admonition and don't see it as having been given to the Church, then is that an indicator that such a person is not saved?

It is an indication that person has sinned just like every other Christian on the planet that sins it doesn't mean they are not saved. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

28 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

Unless every Jew on the planet can't count to seven, or all fell asleep for a whole 24 hour period & non of them, or the world didn't know, I  would safely say ITS THE SAME SEVENTH DAY  the Lord kept. 

There are multiple ways to find out, if one really wants to, or one can just criticises & say they are not trying to criticize.  

Please read this carefully:

The current week on our Gregorian calendar continued without break from the previous Julian calendar; from THURSDAY 4th October 1582 to FRIDAY 15th October 1582 on to the Gregorian calendar:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorian_calendar

However this calendar took hundreds of years to be accepted by other countries, England didn't accept the new Gregorian calendar till the 2nd September 1752):

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar...1752&country=9

The Julian calendar began on the 1st January 45BC:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar

However this calendar also took hundreds of years to be accepted by other countries and over the 1st to 3rd centuries AD, the Roman Empire gradually replaced it's old 8 day Roman week calendar with this new 7 day week Julian calendar:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_calendar

Now the 1st of January 1 AD was a SATURDAY:

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/?year=1&country=9

This matches Torahcalendar.com:

http://www.torahcalendar.com/Calendar.asp?YM=Y-1M10

Which would make the 1st of January 45 BC a FRIDAY:

http://www.torahcalendar.com/Calendar.asp?YM=Y-46M10

But what was the day before? Because the Romans were previously using an 8 day week calendar before this date and the days were not called Monday, Tuesday etc (which are names based on Roman gods), but instead the days were listed simply as; A, B, C, D, E, F, G, & H (8 Days):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_calendar

Therefore how can the Roman Julian 7 day week calendar invented by the pagan Greek Mathematician Sosigenes in 45 BC have anything to do with the 7 day week the Jews and Israelites had been using for hundreds of years before this new 7 day week was invented, over a 1000 miles away?

If you want to keep thinking Saturday or Sunday is your special day then carry on ignoring all this but if you want to know when the real Sabbath is then you can find out by studying any of these links:

Texts:

https://guidetothebible.wordpress.com/start-reading-the-book/

http://www.hope-of-israel.org/sabtosat.htm

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Please contemn plate my answer carefully, & think of a logical answer to my question. 

I'll repeat again just incase you didn't understand.

For it to be the wrong seventh day of the week, you would have to have every Jewish person on the planet simultaneously, regardless of where they were or where they came from, some how, all got it wrong together. How could this possibly happen? impossible.

Around 70CE when the Jews were scattered every where from China, Africa, Europe many not under the calendars you are referring to. When they had contact there was never any problem of what was the 7th day. 

I'd suggest going to other sights that disproves it clearly.  Similarly the flat earthers who want to use there sight to prove their point there are many other sights that disprove it, besides logic that no plane or ship has bumped into the edge.

The answer is it is the same 7th day, regardless of any calendar you put forward.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

On 10/19/2017 at 6:44 AM, enoob57 said:

Don't you think each person thinks they are right & if you don't agree with them you are the one practicing false doctrine. I can guarantee we don't agree on all points. So you are practicing  false doctrine, is that the way we are to think? 

Yes.  Scripture says we should each be sure in their own mind.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

On Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 10:30 AM, shiloh357 said:

I didn't make a statement what Scripture says. I made a statement about what the SDA teaches.  It is a works-based system of righteousness that includes the Sabbath as a requirement for salvation which is not supported by Scripture.

They don't keep the Sabbath to be saved but to obeyed God. Its like us we keep the commandment the Apostles gave in acts not to eat blood and worship idols. But do we obey this because its going to save us or to obey God. We obey it but we trust christ work on the cross for salvation for imputed righteousness. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

It seems that some hate the SDAs so much that even if a parrot said 'Sabbath' it would be bashed harshly.

Methinks they protest too much...

• Thumbs Up 2

Satan hates God’s law. One of the subtle ways that he has sought to discredit God’s law has been through the suggestion that since we are saved by grace we no longer need to keep God’s law.

1. Is salvation by grace a license to sin? What does the Bible say about this?
2. What is sin? 1 John 3:4 Sin is the transgression of the law.
3. Which law is it that points out our sin? Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet.” Note: God’s law points out, or reveals sin. In quoting the tenth commandment Paul indicates that the law involved is the Ten Commandment law.
4. Is grace an excuse for sin? Romans 6:1, 2 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? Note: A person saved by the grace of God will live an obedient life. Grace is not an excuse for breaking God’s law. In fact, the opposite is true. A person saved by grace no longer wishes to dwell in sin or live in disobedience of God’s law.
5. What is the purpose of God’s law? Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. Note: The law does not save; it reveals the sinner's need of a Savior. The law does not justify, or cleanse, it only shows our need of cleansing. It is God's great mirror, reflecting the sinner's need of Jesus for cleansing and redemption (James 1:23, 24).
6. How can the Christian be cleansed? 1 John 1:7 … the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin. Note: Only through Jesus can people receive cleansing. The Bible is very clear that people are not saved by law-keeping; they are saved solely by the blood of Jesus Christ. He cleanses, and then He provides the power to live a life of obedience. The devil hates God’s law because it makes us aware that we need a Savior from sin. Thus, God's holy law shows people their need of cleansing, but it cannot cleanse. Only Jesus can.
7. How then are people saved? Ephesians 2:8, 9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Note: The New Testament is crystal clear. People are saved solely by what Jesus Christ does for them (grace). Law-keeping and good works are the result of a saving relationship with Jesus Christ, but never a means to obtaining a saving relationship.

[http://www.messiahsmansion.com/Studies/Unlocking-Mysteries/09-The-Most-Holy-Place-Study-9.pdf]

• Thumbs Up 1

So let’s do a law or commandment study.

Think on the following reminders.

Look at another woman/man? (LUST)
Neighbor’s wife? (COVETOUS)
Say something about a brother or sister that was an exaggeration (LIE) (FALSE WITNESS)
Call a brother or sister RACA, or say. “Don’t call me brother”, “I'm not your brother”. (HATE) (KILLING)
Steal: Paperclip; pen; somebody’s idea; glory from God. (THEFT)
Ignoring God’s laws (BEING ONES OWN GOD) (IDOLATRY)
Honor the Sabbath (GOD’s and man’s Sabbath of rest and recognition of His Creation)
Honor father and mother?
Love the Lord your God with everything in you and all you own?
Treat your neighbor as well as you treat yourself?

PSALM 19

7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.

9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.

10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1