• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

“Awake, Thou That Sleepest” 

The moral corruption in the world today approaches that of Sodom and Gomorrah.  Since God judged Sodom and Gomorrah – what reason have we to presume that we shall escape judgment today?  Yet a study of Genesis 18 reveals that God is open to intercession to spare a city provided there is a God-fearing nucleus in the city.
    “Awake, thou that sleepest!” says the Bible (Eph. 5:14).  How we Christians need to wake up to the crisis in the earth!  The grave dangers of terrorism spread ever more widely around the world.  The threat of weapons of mass destruction hangs heavy over the world.  Despite this, the average person is too absorbed in the trivialities of life to be bothered about the critical situation.  It seems characteristic of people to be apathetic in face of imminent peril. 
    Our Lord foretold of the listless, unknowing attitude of the multitudes when He comes back to earth again:  “But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be.  For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be” (Matt. 24:37-39).
    To the unconverted, the Second Coming will be the greatest ­catastrophe of their lives.  And yet many make no effort to repent and get right with God.  The people as a whole seem indifferent to the stark dangers that confront our world.  “God…spared not the old world…and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an example unto those that after should live ungodly” (2 Pet. 2:4-6). 
    Many people are religious, but we have divorced religion from righteous living.  One is reminded of what Isaiah said about Israel, who at that time worshipped God with an insincere formalism:  “Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters:  they have forsaken the Lord, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward....  To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto Me?....  Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto Me....  And when you spread forth your hands, I will hide Mine eyes from you; yea, when you make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.  Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before Mine eyes; cease to do evil; learn to do well...” (Isa. 1:4, 11, 13, 15-17).
    The primary need today is repentance and a return to God and His Christ and His Word.  Christians should pray daily, hourly for their leaders and their nation, that God will be merciful and lead us to repentance (1 Tim. 2:1-2; Rom. 2:4).  The “distress of nations” (Luke 21:25) that is growing worse by the year, is indicative, along with many other signs, of the nearness of Christ’s Return. 
    The Christian should dedicate himself anew to His Lord and to His service, doing his best to “by all means save some” for Christ! (1 Cor. 9:22).

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

Ephesians 5:14-17 -- "Wake up, sleeper, and rise from the dead! And Christ will shine on you. So pay close attention to how you live.   Don't live like ignorant men, but like wise men.  Make good use of every occasion you get....try to find out what the Lord wants you to do."

No one desires another 40-year trip around the mountain of misguided human efforts! The good news is that we do not need to wander any longer in the wilderness: it is time to access the Kingdom of God. Now is the time to move forward, establishing the King in His Kingdom by operating in the power and authority of God!

Expect to behold great and mighty things accomplished for the advancing of the Kingdom of God (Jeremiah 33:3).

We have embraced the promise from Christ concerning who we are and what they can accomplish by His Spirit (John 14:12).

As followers of Christ, we are to be bold, brave, and extremely courageous. Scripture declares in the book of Joshua 1:9, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

WE ACCOMPLISH EXPLOITS THROUGH  OUR IDENTITY IN CHRIST

This revelation is essential: we must embrace the promise of our identity in Christ and believe that we can accomplish exploits by His Spirit. The Kingdom of God will not be established by mere words, nor by our abilities, but by the Spirit of God (1 Corinthians 4:20). This confidence can only come from factual, experiential union with Christ. By abiding in His manifested presence, we become bold and are able to stand firm; knowing who we are in Christ and who Christ is within us (Proverbs 28:1 and Colossians 2:9-10). God's Word declares that the fullness of the Godhead is in Christ and that we are complete in Him (Colossians 2:9-10).

Rejoice, for you can know for certain that the Kingdom is in you for such a day as this!  Be confident: you are born for this day. Do not delay to move forward by faith, walking in victory and taking your place as an overcomer, embracing fully the DESTINY God has planned for you (see Ephesians 5:14-17 above).

AFFIRMATION:

I arise  to the occasion and take my place as a victorious overcomer, standing strong and bold in God's CALLING on my life, declaring that the Kingdom of God is swiftly coming to earth!

Ten Virgins With Lamps.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,828
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

On 10/21/2017 at 7:18 PM, angels4u said:

“Awake, Thou That Sleepest” 

The moral corruption in the world today approaches that of Sodom and Gomorrah.  Since God judged Sodom and Gomorrah – what reason have we to presume that we shall escape judgment today?  Yet a study of Genesis 18 reveals that God is open to intercession to spare a city provided there is a God-fearing nucleus in the city.
    “Awake, thou that sleepest!” says the Bible (Eph. 5:14).  How we Christians need to wake up to the crisis in the earth!  The grave dangers of terrorism spread ever more widely around the world.  The threat of weapons of mass destruction hangs heavy over the world.  Despite this, the average person is too absorbed in the trivialities of life to be bothered about the critical situation.  It seems characteristic of people to be apathetic in face of imminent peril. 
    Our Lord foretold of the listless, unknowing attitude of the multitudes when He comes back to earth again:  “But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be.  For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be” (Matt. 24:37-39).
    To the unconverted, the Second Coming will be the greatest ­catastrophe of their lives.  And yet many make no effort to repent and get right with God.  The people as a whole seem indifferent to the stark dangers that confront our world.  “God…spared not the old world…and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an example unto those that after should live ungodly” (2 Pet. 2:4-6). 
    Many people are religious, but we have divorced religion from righteous living.  One is reminded of what Isaiah said about Israel, who at that time worshipped God with an insincere formalism:  “Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters:  they have forsaken the Lord, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward....  To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto Me?....  Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto Me....  And when you spread forth your hands, I will hide Mine eyes from you; yea, when you make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.  Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before Mine eyes; cease to do evil; learn to do well...” (Isa. 1:4, 11, 13, 15-17).
    The primary need today is repentance and a return to God and His Christ and His Word.  Christians should pray daily, hourly for their leaders and their nation, that God will be merciful and lead us to repentance (1 Tim. 2:1-2; Rom. 2:4).  The “distress of nations” (Luke 21:25) that is growing worse by the year, is indicative, along with many other signs, of the nearness of Christ’s Return. 
    The Christian should dedicate himself anew to His Lord and to His service, doing his best to “by all means save some” for Christ! (1 Cor. 9:22).

Amen. America is worse off than Sodom and Gomorrah.

We have a Bible, they didn't.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/14/2018 at 9:14 PM, Albert Finch said:

I arise  to the occasion and take my place as a victorious overcomer, standing strong and bold in God's CALLING on my life, declaring that the Kingdom of God is swiftly coming to earth!

Amen.

Revelation 3:12

"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/Revelation/3/12

Edited by Studytheword

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/14/2018 at 9:14 PM, Albert Finch said:

This revelation is essential: we must embrace the promise of our identity in Christ and believe that we can accomplish exploits by His Spirit. The Kingdom of God will not be established by mere words, nor by our abilities, but by the Spirit of God (1 Corinthians 4:20).

Amen.

1 Samuel 2:8

“He raises the poor from the dust,
He lifts the needy from the ash heap
To make them sit with nobles,
And inherit a seat of honor;
For the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s,
And He set the world on them."

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Pillars