• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I see you failed to answer the question.  Here it is again:

SDA's do not teach keeping the Sabbath is a key salvational component?

How, exactly, do you keep the Sabbath?

Is obedience to the 7th commandment a key salvational component you think? SDAs teach that obedience to all ten commandments are salvational. That the Sabbath is singled out by you as an exception is not an SDA problem, but yours. 

All I was asking on this thread was for a  biblical foundation for allowing Sunday observance to be considered paramount over Sabbath observance. For what is essentially a tradition to take precedence over a commandment. Should be easy...surely there's plenty of "thus sayeth the Lord" quotes to support such a change? 

And if you say that the law is no longer binding, why do you not live as if they are not binding?

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
14 minutes ago, brakelite said:

Is obedience to the 7th commandment a key salvational component you think? SDAs teach that obedience to all ten commandments are salvational. That the Sabbath is singled out by you as an exception is not an SDA problem, but yours. 

So according to SDA the Sabbath is essential, required for salvation (as well as the other 9 commandments).  You tried to skirt around that, when I mentioned it before.   You DO possess a theology of a works-based system of righteousness.

All I was asking on this thread was for a  biblical foundation for allowing Sunday observance to be considered paramount over Sabbath observance. For what is essentially a tradition to take precedence over a commandment. Should be easy...surely there's plenty of "thus sayeth the Lord" quotes to support such a change? 

There was/is no change.   No one switched the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday.   That's because we don't view the Sunday as the Sabbath, at least not in mainstream Christian theology.     We still work on Sunday, go out to eat, do laundry, shop, etc.

And if you say that the law is no longer binding, why do you not live as if they are not binding?

Who said the law was no longer binding?    We simply recognize that Israel and the Church are radically separate in the New Testament and that the dietary laws, the ceremonial laws, including the Sabbath and the Festivals are never assigned to the Church in the NT.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

43 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

If the doctrine is false, as we know, without a doubt that SDA doctrine is, and it leads people astray, then the doctrine itself is an enemy of the cross.  That needs to be countered.  Period.  If one fails to do so they are ignoring the entirety of the New Testament.  One is not to treat these people as enemies, but one is always to plainly point out that what they teach is false.  There is no other biblical option.

Have you actually read, prayed, and studied for yourself SDA fundamental beliefs or taken the word of others?

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest shiloh357
53 minutes ago, brakelite said:

Have you actually read, prayed, and studied for yourself SDA fundamental beliefs or taken the word of others?

You are not the first SDA we have ever had on this board.   We have had, over the years, a steady diet of SDA theology from SDA people.   We know what they believe and is based on the notion of having to keep the 10 commandments in order to be saved.   Which is why SDA people do not have a part in the Kingdom.  They are trusting in their works for salvation and not Christ.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

You are not the first SDA we have ever had on this board.   We have had, over the years, a steady diet of SDA theology from SDA people.   We know what they believe and is based on the notion of having to keep the 10 commandments in order to be saved.   Which is why SDA people do not have a part in the Kingdom.  They are trusting in their works for salvation and not Christ.

You know so little of what they know & distort there teachings, spreading lies. I have told you things of their beliefs  in the past but you blatantly refuse to believe.  

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

First of all let me say I am non denominational, but a Bible following Christian.     I keep the seventh day Sabbath BECAUSE I am saved, as honour to God for my Salvation and for helping me through life...

Sin is transgression of God's law 1st John.....the Ten commandments are God's law written by God Himself Exodus 20...Apostle John in 1st John also says those that say they know Him and keep not His commandments are liars and the truth is not in them.

• Thumbs Up 3

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, heretoeternity said:

First of all let me say I am non denominational, but a Bible following Christian.     I keep the seventh day Sabbath BECAUSE I am saved, as honour to God for my Salvation and for helping me through life...

Good for you.

Sin is transgression of God's law 1st John.....the Ten commandments are God's law written by God Himself Exodus 20...Apostle John in 1st John also says those that say they know Him and keep not His commandments are liars and the truth is not in them.

In I John, he is not talking about the law of Moses.  He is talking about the commandments of Jesus.  John is referencing the teachings/commandments of Jesus when during his first advent on earth.  And Jesus never commanded anyone to keep the Sabbath.

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

You know so little of what they know & distort there teachings, spreading lies. I have told you things of their beliefs  in the past but you blatantly refuse to believe.  

I know exactly what they believe and I am not distorting anything.    I have no idea who you are and we have had no discussions about this that I am aware of.    But nonetheless, what I have said is accurate.   I won't accept anyone's attempt at trying to muddy the water on the issue.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Good for you.

In I John, he is not talking about the law of Moses.  He is talking about the commandments of Jesus.  John is referencing the teachings/commandments of Jesus when during his first advent on earth.  And Jesus never commanded anyone to keep the Sabbath.

God commanded the Sabbath day...it is His holy day created at Creation, as the seventh day of the week...Genesis 2.

Jesus keep the commandments and the seventh day Sabbath (even though it was not the way the Pharisees wanted it), and the Apostles kept  it throughout their ministries and their lives..Acts 12 to 19...

God's law is separate from the law of Moses...God's law was proclaimed in Exodus 20, written by God, Himself.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, heretoeternity said:

God commanded the Sabbath day...it is His holy day created at Creation, as the seventh day of the week...Genesis 2.

He gave that commandment to Israel.   In the OT.   It is not a commandment to the Church.  The Church is not Israel.

Jesus keep the commandments and the seventh day Sabbath (even though it was not the way the Pharisees wanted it), and the Apostles kept  it throughout their ministries and their lives..Acts 12 to 19...

So what?  Paul made sacrifices in the book of Acts.  Should we also perform sacrifices?

God's law is separate from the law of Moses...God's law was proclaimed in Exodus 20, written by God, Himself.

The Bible doesn't make that distinction.  That is a distinction made up by the SDA cult.