IGNORED

Saturday or Sunday?

enoob57

Guest shiloh357
20 hours ago, brakelite said:

Actually no. Very much no. I should not be chomping at the bit to do anything of the sort. 

However way I personally observe Sabbath is between me and God. It starts with the commandment. Remembering to keep it holy. How I go about that is personally tied into my relationship with Jesus. That is not something I can put forth as a recommendation for anyone. You can work that out for yourself. Isaiah 58, long a passage known as a Christian template for living an abundant lufe, would be a good help.

But again, it starts with the commandment, and to claim that any of Gods commandments cannot be kept through His grace and power underestimates the power of God.

The Bible lays out how the Sabbath is to be observed, you clearly do it your own way.  You keep it in a way that works for you.  God is not honored when we decide that we will obey on our own terms.   I would have to echo Cobalt and say that you really don't honor the Sabbath, at least you are not obedient to the biblical prescription as to how it is to be done.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1965

From what I remember the lord had healed a man on the Sabbath and the Saduseis aquosed him on breaking the law off the Sabbath but Jesus answered is it wrong to do good on the Sabbath 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,058
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

5 hours ago, Willa said:

Those who went to school at Loma Linda seem generally to be more balanced and orthodox in their perspective than the group from Walla Walla, where they have promoted many false doctrines and are legalistic.  People we knew said that they obey dietary restriction when around the Walla Walla people so as to not make their weaker brother stumble.  They sent their son to a Lutheran school even though there was an Adventist grade school about 5 miles away.  We have had several doctors and dentists from Loma Linda that are sound in doctrine.  

Wow I born a few miles away from there in Redlands Calif. our neighbor next door was a Doctor at Loma Linda hospital... small world this place :) 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

9 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Who said anything about 3 Sabbaths in a row? Passover is a Sabbath since it's the first night of the Feast of Unleavened Bread (because the Bread of Life was dead). The next morning was the sheaves offering, then the weekly Sabbath, which by the next day (still the weekly Sabbath) He rose from His "sleep". It's wonderfully poetic and still points to the Sabbath as being for man. God is so wonderful!!!!

As to your quoted verse, "first day of the week" isn't in the originals. It says "the first Sabbath" as in the beginning of the counting of the Omer, Lev 23:15, which is how "after the Sabbath while it was yet dark on the Sabbath" can happen. And I didn't have to translate it differently from the originals to keep with a false dogma and anti-Semitic teaching of "Sunday Resurrection" started by the Catholics and swallowed whole by the Protestants. 

"Who said anything about 3 Sabbaths in a row?" I did.  

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

14 hours ago, other one said:

if you want to speak to many Jewish men the best place to do so would be where they gather.....    It is true the Jewish population still observed the Sabbath, but those spreading the gospel were going to where the people were gathered

add to that the concept that Jesus broke the Sabbath laws of working on the Sabbath would put is in a not so good position.

Acts 13:42 the gentiles converts wanted to hear more. Why did the disciples not say come tomorrow on the first day.?

If Jesus broke the law he is a sinner & not our savior.  He broke their traditions defiantly not Gods law.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

6 hours ago, Sinbad said:

From what I remember the lord had healed a man on the Sabbath and the Saduseis aquosed him on breaking the law off the Sabbath but Jesus answered is it wrong to do good on the Sabbath 

Once again it was the regulations that were added to Gods laws, for memory that added 513 or 613 more regulations which are not Gods laws.

I'll say again, if Jesus sinned he in not our savior.

Mathew 5:18  For truly I tell you, until heaven & earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of  a pen, will by any means disappear  from the law until everything is accomplished .                  Heaven & earth are still with us.

He was speaking to his Jewish hearers & they knew exactly what law he was talking about, there was no ambiguity in his message.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, inchrist said:

Heres the flaw with your argument. The priesthood has changed from the Leviticus priesthood to the eternal Melchizedek priesthood.

Very simply the law is still intact however the format of the law has changed from ink stone tablets to fleshly tablets of the heart. Same laws in a different format under a different priesthood.

In application, Christ is my sacrifice for the sabbath.

I no longer need go to an earthly temple where an earthly priesthood conducts my sacrfices on my behalf in order to satisfy the law!

I now have access to the actual heavenly temple with an immortal priesthood who makes the sacrfices on my behalf

As you can see law still very much in tact and not being violated....however its a different format.

Heres another example, the old testament law to stone to death adulterers or those who  commit blasphemy.

Christ the eternal high priest was stoned to to death hanging on the Christ.

Therefore if i have committed for example adultery, or you have committed adultery by the application of law you are to be stoned however due to the change of the priesthood and an innocent man taking the place of the guilty. Christ is then stoned to death in your place.

Law still is intact, the format has changed.

All of that only applies to people who believe Jesus is God.   Those who deny  that Jesus is God are not part of the Kingdom of God/body of Christ, as a mere man cannot die for the sins of mankind, cannot be our sacrifice.   Jesus was God in the flesh when He died on the cross and only those who accept Jesus on that basis enter the Kingdom of God.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

So I have a question. Which of the OTHER commandments are we to ignore as well?
The spirit of the law is a whole lot different to man's penchant for adding to it and 'interpreting' it.

Yeshua said, "If you love me , keep my commandments."

Look at the false translations of scripture and forced Sun-day observances.

Christian society is so steeped in its pagan roots that it is blinded to truth a lot of the time.
If you really want to see what man and his traditions and deliberate editing have done, then take a very hard look at the early scripture and compare them to what we have today.
And I do NOT mean find the bits that agree with you, but rather find the ones that have not been edited.

Maybe it is far easier to split hairs over perceived understandings and the beliefs of others?

I don't see that 'proving' an SDA believer is a non-Christian furthers the gospel or brings Glory to God.

I will not reply to rebuttals since I will let the SDA people speak for themselves.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

So I have a question. Which of the OTHER commandments are we to ignore as well?

No one is ignoring any commandments.    Jesus IS our Sabbath.   The Sabbath day was simply a pointer to Jesus as our final Sabbath rest, just as the Yom Kippur sin offering pointed to Jesus as our final sin offering.

The spirit of the law is a whole lot different to man's penchant for adding to it and 'interpreting' it.

Yeshua said, "If you love me , keep my commandments."

Jesus never commanded anyone to keep the Sabbath day.   He is the embodiment and personification of the Sabbath.   The Sabbath in which we rest is a Person.

Look at the false translations of scripture and forced Sun-day observances.

Christian society is so steeped in its pagan roots that it is blinded to truth a lot of the time.
If you really want to see what man and his traditions and deliberate editing have done, then take a very hard look at the early scripture and compare them to what we have today. And I do NOT mean find the bits that agree with you, but rather find the ones that have not been edited.

You don't know anything about biblical translations other than what you can copy and paste.   You are not an authority on the matter and it is  clear that you have no competency about which you speak.

Maybe it is far easier to split hairs over perceived understandings and the beliefs of others?

When someone believes and promotes a cult that teaches that Sabbath observance is necessary for salvation, we are not splitting hairs.

I don't see that 'proving' an SDA believer is a non-Christian furthers the gospel or brings Glory to God.

If a person is teaching and believing in a works-based system of righteousness, demonstrating that such trust in the law for salvation means that such people are not saved and are preaching a false Gospel DOES bring glory to God.   It may offend YOU, but it does bring glory to God when we counter false gospels.

I will not reply to rebuttals since I will let the SDA people speak for themselves.

That's a good idea.  

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

NOW YOU KNOW.

The Christmas Tree

Jeremiah 10:2-4

“Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; (astrology was idolized) for the heathen are dismayed at them…For the customs of the people are vain: for one cuts a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers that it move not.”

The Hebrew word for “groves” in this case is Strong’s H842 – ‘asherah אֲשֵׁרָה’.

Asherah: groves (for idol worship); a Babylonian (Astarte/Ishtar) - Canaanite goddess (of fortune and happiness), the supposed consort of Baal known as Ishtar, her images; the goddess, goddesses; her images; sacred trees or poles set up near an altar. 

The origin of the X-mas Tree (X or “the cross” is the symbol of Tammuz) is actually the Tammuz/Nimrod Tree and has absolutely nothing to do with The Messiah or The Truth found in The Bible.  The X-mas Tree was a central figure in the Babylonian Religion with a snake wrapped around a tree trunk.  We now, of course, don’t have snakes around our tree we have garland! But let us not be so naive to think God approves of such ignorance in worship founded in Babylonian paganism.Christmas trees are really Asherah poles or sacred trees for honoring “Ba’al” and the ornaments represent Nimrod’s testicles! Garland representing the serpent, Satan!  Babylonian history records that Nimrod was cut into pieces and his body parts were sent to different provinces of Babylon to warn the people not to sacrifice babies to Moloch. His only body part which was never found was his penis. Semiramis, his mother/wife then decided to memorialize his penis by erecting a giant image of Nimrod’s penis which today is called the obelisk.  They adorn many Christian Churches today as steeples as I noted earlier in this chapter.  We are COMMANDED by God to destroy these very structures: Exodus 23:24, Exodus 34:13, Deuteronomy 7:5, Deuteronomy 12:3, Jeremiah 43:13, Hosea 10:2.  Yet, we have not “torn down every high place” that elevates itself above the knowledge of God… we openly worship them as part of the Christian Religion.

• Thumbs Up 2