• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/30/1998

I have known for probably a few months, but tonight my brother came out... I was at work when this happened. I came home and my parents were out at some sort of get-together, when they came home my mother was completely drunk (not like her) and my father seemed fine, I asked my father to come outside and chat with me, I asked him how he was doing and he tried holding back his tears but started to sob, I went to comfort him and he told me he loves my brother with all his heart but doesnt know what to do. I told him "Dad, you can't do anything, but I love you and all we can really do now is pray and wait for the stormy waters to recede." We are a very Chrisitan family, minus my little brother and sister... my dad is blaming himself on the fact my brother is bi-sexual and an atheist and feels he not only has failed the family, but the lord above himself... what do I do? I have to be the rock of the family and I am just an 18 year old kid who works at Chick-fil-a... I need any advice... anything.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

I would recommend praying for your brother (and your sister too) that they get saved. Getting saved is the first step to coming out of being a bisexual. He is lost in sin, like an addict, or an adulterer is lost in sin. He needs Jesus most of all. Get others to pray for their salvation.

Suggest that your dad speak to his pastor or a mentor at his church. I think it is best that he speak to someone if only for comfort and getting past the feelings of guilt he is having over this. Pray for your family, that they can heal from the pain over your brother being a bisexual.

Remember Jesus is the rock in your family. You dont have to be. Reach out to others in your church. Its why we are a body in Christ. Not alone. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

My family shares the same issues you have.  I have a daughter who is a lesbian and has brought up her daughter to believe she is bi-sexual.  For years, and sometimes even to this day, I feel like it is because of something I didn't do as a parent.  All I can do is have faith in Christ and realize that my kids are first His creation, and secondly my responsibility.  If I do fail in areas, He can still work in their lives and move them to correction.  Where I lack in wisdom, He takes over.  That is the only comfort I have been able to find ... it is always still in His hands, not mine.  Perhaps He is allowing them to go through these issues in life for His purpose.  I now God uses my past drug addiction to reach out to others who are living that same life.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Jacob....

Welcome to Worthy,I'm sorry to hear that you & your family are struggling-the advice given by the others is sound advice......you mentioned your "little" brother & sister and that you are just 18yrs old so that tells me your siblings are still very young,your Mom & Day(& you) still have quite a lot of control in many areas that would no be had they reached adulthood,this is quite a good advantage imo    The environment,society,their peers,social media plays a very big role in these kids choices,perhaps it would be good to examine closely what may or may not have pointed then in this direction and perhaps you can work together as a family to make some positive changes in their lives.....at their young age I don't really think they have a clue about who or what they are or hope to be but certainly no one is to blame or bear the burden of guilt......

You say you are a "very" Christian family,may I ask what that means? Mom was beside herself & turned to drink and Dad is blaming himself leaving you to feel as though it's all on you,it is not my friend but you are trhe one that has stood on your Faith and turned to Jesus,He is the One to focus on and I would love to give you a big hug    Point Mom & Dad to Christ,we just cannot get distracted from keeping our eyes on Him no matter what storm there is all around us,He is the One Who claimed the seas & quiets the raging storm......pull together as a family and lead by example,there is Peace,Joy & Comfort in Christ Jesus.....you first have to be Christ Centered before you can lead others to Christ,I have a great feeling that you can Represent Christ for Mom & Dad and that will help them to re-focus.....when the enemy cannot destroy your Faith he resukts to distraction     Take the advice from the others & keep your eyes on Jesus

I'm praying for you and your family,encourage them as you are ,it is wonderful to meet a young man who has such a Loving heart and cares so deepl-Glory to God in Christ Jesus!                                                         With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1