• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Luke 17:6 

6. He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you. [NIV]

6. And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you. [KJB]

IMG_2633-sml.jpg

What does '...it will obey you' mean.

How does the tree obey the command of faith. Does it actually uproot itself and transport itself to the sea?

Edited by Raven

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 10/23/2017 at 3:17 PM, Raven said:

Luke 17:6 He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you. [NIV]...

How does the tree obey the command of faith. Does it actually uproot itself and transport itself to the sea?

After 20 views, I am a bit surprised that nobody as yet has responded to this thread.

So, here is my discernment:

The mustard seed, contains God's plan, and will for it, in terms of a code. The DNA code of plant genetics. Like ALL living organisms have a specific code, or mark, or name, which outlines God's plan for it.

The mustard seed was chosen by Jesus Christ because it is one of the smallest tree seeds which turn into a huge tree. He was making an example of how something small, if not seemingly insignificant, if following God's plan (to the letter) can become unimaginably huge and powerful. Plus produce good fruit and multitudes of seed; for they too, when put in the right environment (Christian love and patience), will also follow God's plan.

Like the mustard seed, if we follow God's plan, to the letter, we will become God's plan, or God's will for us.

With the aid of the Spirit of Truth (Holy Spirit), we are more than likely to follow God's plan. In doing so, the Spirit of Truth, which originated from Truth, will confirm this in us by doubtlessness. In other words, we will know when and what to say and do to follow God's plan. If that means to direct a mulberry tree to be uprooted and planted in the sea, then God will do that, for it is His own plan to do so.

A STORY
Many years ago I lived in the wilderness. Once a week, for 18 months, I would go for fellowship to the nearest town _ 75 km away. Fellowship was in a hall next to the hospital. I had no car, so I had to walk the first 24 km (6 hour walk), before reaching the highway to hitch a ride into town. Usually the whole trip, there and back, would take about 24 hours.

One week I felt weary even before starting my walk. Usually I don't even see a car on this 24 km dirt road. And if one did come, you could hear it approaching from at least 5 kms away. During my walk I was trying to ask God for lift (by car) into town. Each time I asked I realized it was conditional in one form of another. Even asking is a form of doubt. For about four hours I was trying to say what was needed to be said.

About this time, I was approaching a long hill, so I put my head down and focused on my task of becoming doubtless with intent. In a very short time I looked up to realize that I am already on top of the hill. Then suddenly a car pulled up behind me. I did not hear it approach. The drive asked if I would like a lift, and where I wanted to go. I said to the town. She said she was going to the hospital.

I knew then, that if I could be doubtless, and it was in God's plan, I could be translocated from one place to another instantly, like the mulberry tree.

Acts 8:26-40 I only selected the following verses, to show the obedience of Philip and what happened to him.
26. Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, "Go south to the road, the desert road, that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza." ...
29. The Spirit told Philip, "Go to that chariot and stay near it."
39. When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. 40. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus...(in part).

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  10/27/1957

And when He saw a fig tree in the way, He came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only,
and said unto it,
Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever.
And presently the figtree withered away.
And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!

Matthew 21:19-20

Thank you for that, Raven.
That verse you presented with the sycamine tree, and the one with the withered fig tree, have both puzzled me.

I don't have an answer, but wanted to thank you for your discernment.

Jesus blessing
Paul

22 hours ago, Cletus said:

If you are puzzled by these scriptures its because you have not yet experienced the gift of faith.  not to be confused with a measure of faith unto salvation... or even believing something.  the faith spoken of here is tangible.  God used this very faith spoken of here during creation, when He said let there be light, and there was light. 

Thank you, Cletus.
I am glad for you if you have that faith,
and we would love to hear your understanding,
why a Mulberry tree? and why command it into the sea?
And why wither the barren fig tree? Why not command it to bear fruit?

These don't seem to be the most creative uses of our faith, so I'm sure there is a significance.
I was gifted with faith to heal people, but not to uproot a tree and plant it in the sea.

Your help appreciated
Paul

On 12/7/2017 at 11:16 AM, Cletus said:

If God has used you to heal, i do not lie, i am jealous.  I have begged on my knees and He has not used me to do that.  what a blessing He has given you.

Thank you, Cletus, it hasn't happened often.
The recipient of a blessing is required to have faith too.

It don't know if this is related, but it seemed coincidental coming across it after having had this conversion.

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines;
the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat;
the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

Habakkuk 3:17-18

Rejoice, and joy.
Paul

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

On 10/25/2017 at 12:43 AM, Raven said:

After 20 views, I am a bit surprised that nobody as yet has responded to this thread.

So, here is my discernment:

The mustard seed, contains God's plan, and will for it, in terms of a code. The DNA code of plant genetics. Like ALL living organisms have a specific code, or mark, or name, which outlines God's plan for it.

The mustard seed was chosen by Jesus Christ because it is one of the smallest tree seeds which turn into a huge tree. He was making an example of how something small, if not seemingly insignificant, if following God's plan (to the letter) can become unimaginably huge and powerful. Plus produce good fruit and multitudes of seed; for they too, when put in the right environment (Christian love and patience), will also follow God's plan.

Like the mustard seed, if we follow God's plan, to the letter, we will become God's plan, or God's will for us.

With the aid of the Spirit of Truth (Holy Spirit), we are more than likely to follow God's plan. In doing so, the Spirit of Truth, which originated from Truth, will confirm this in us by doubtlessness. In other words, we will know when and what to say and do to follow God's plan. If that means to direct a mulberry tree to be uprooted and planted in the sea, then God will do that, for it is His own plan to do so.

A STORY
Many years ago I lived in the wilderness. Once a week, for 18 months, I would go for fellowship to the nearest town _ 75 km away. Fellowship was in a hall next to the hospital. I had no car, so I had to walk the first 24 km (6 hour walk), before reaching the highway to hitch a ride into town. Usually the whole trip, there and back, would take about 24 hours.

One week I felt weary even before starting my walk. Usually I don't even see a car on this 24 km dirt road. And if one did come, you could hear it approaching from at least 5 kms away. During my walk I was trying to ask God for lift (by car) into town. Each time I asked I realized it was conditional in one form of another. Even asking is a form of doubt. For about four hours I was trying to say what was needed to be said.

About this time, I was approaching a long hill, so I put my head down and focused on my task of becoming doubtless with intent. In a very short time I looked up to realize that I am already on top of the hill. Then suddenly a car pulled up behind me. I did not hear it approach. The drive asked if I would like a lift, and where I wanted to go. I said to the town. She said she was going to the hospital.

I knew then, that if I could be doubtless, and it was in God's plan, I could be translocated from one place to another instantly, like the mulberry tree.

Acts 8:26-40 I only selected the following verses, to show the obedience of Philip and what happened to him.
26. Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, "Go south to the road, the desert road, that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza." ...
29. The Spirit told Philip, "Go to that chariot and stay near it."
39. When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. 40. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus...(in part).

Amen, thanks for sharing this........not claiming to be walking in this level of faith, but this agrees with where Jesus talks about the spirit blowing where it willeth and no-one can tell where it came from or where it is going.....and SO IT IS WITH EVERYONE BORN OF THE SPIRIT>  And this helps us understand why the angels in Revelation said they were of the brethren and prophets.

John 3:8

The wind blows where it wills, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know whence it comes or whither it goes; so it is with every one who is born of the Spirit.

But I believe it does depend on the will of the Spirit, of the Lord......if like Jesus we only do what we see the Father doing.  He is able to catch away the believer at will......or a mulberry tree, or a mountain, and put it or us where He wills, in the sea or any location.  When we are in the spirit and praying according to His will.  Have a hunch we are going to be walking in greater works and seeing much more of these kinds of things happening during the tribulation.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 12/5/2017 at 3:58 PM, HarvestLabourer said:

And when He saw a fig tree in the way, He came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only,
and said unto it,
Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever.
And presently the figtree withered away.
And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!

Matthew 21:19-20

Thank you for that, Raven.
That verse you presented with the sycamine tree, and the one with the withered fig tree, have both puzzled me.

I don't have an answer, but wanted to thank you for your discernment.

Jesus blessing
Paul

You do know that trees represent people?    Like the tree of good and evil was Satan  and the Tree of Life is Christ.

Mar_8:24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.

Like your arms are called limbs, and your body the trunk.

The fig tree goes back to Jer 24 where you have good figs and bad figs they are so evil.       

Jer 24:2  One basket had very good figs, even like the figs that are first ripe: and the other basket had very naughty figs, which could not be eaten, they were so bad.
Jer 24:3  Then said the LORD unto me, What seest thou, Jeremiah? And I said, Figs; the good figs, very good; and the evil, very evil, that cannot be eaten, they are so evil.

If you go into the horticulture of figs you will its taking about goat figs.   The male tree that was set out in 1958 when Judah and only returned to Jerusalem to establish the tiny nation of Israel.  With them came the good figs and the bad figs.

Its also part of the Parable of Fig tree.

Mar 13:28  Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:

What is summer?   Harvest time.

Mar 13:29  So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.

So the little nation of Israel returned and became a nation again after some 2000 years.    It was a benchmark that we are in the last days.

The bad figs are speaking of "the tares" in Matt 13:35-40 which are the Kenites(Satan's children).  Their doctrine is very evil. 

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 10/23/2017 at 12:17 AM, Raven said:

Luke 17:6 

6. He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you. [NIV]

6. And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you. [KJB]

IMG_2633-sml.jpg

Anyone with faith enough can answer this (no person). :)