IGNORED

Do You Live Close to Where you Were Born?

Annette

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

6 hours ago, Jam2b40 said:

Thank you Annette. 

I lived in the same county I grew up in until I was 36 years old. Then I moved to another part of Texas for four months. After that I moved here to Arkansas. I could have lived where I was for my whole life, except for extreme family dysfunction and some abuse, and the economic situation in our part of Texas was not good. I relocated to get away from some bad family and to have a fresh start is an area with lower cost of living and opportunity for more jobs. I am able to earn a little more here in Arkansas that I was where I was at because there are more possibilities here.

I love where we are now, and I feel more safe than I have since I was a very small child.

You are welcome :) I am glad that your move to Arkansas has left you feeling much safer than you have felt before and it is a great help that you also benefit with a lower cost of living. I find it encouraging to take time and focus on the good things that we have in our lives. Thanks again for sharing. Blessings :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.13
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Annette said:

Hi Saved.One, thank you for taking the time to share.

I am sure there must be so many hurts that come up when you think of family: both the family that you knew and the family that you never had the opportunity to get to know. 

I was encouraged as I continued to read and saw that despite what you have gone through that you have held on to God and that He is your anchor. There have been many times in my life when I have faced situations that I have had to hold on to God as my strength and anchor. 

I love the words to a song sung by Ryan Stevenson and was reminded of them again as I read through your reply.

In the eye of the storm, You remain in control
And in the middle of the war
You guard my soul
You alone are the anchor
When my sails are torn
Your love surrounds me 
In the eye of the storm
When the solid ground is falling out from underneath my feet
Between the black skies, and my red eyes, I can barely see
When I realize I've been sold out by my friends and my family
I can feel the rain reminding me
In the eye of the storm, You remain in control
In the middle of the war, You guard my soul
You alone are the anchor, when my sails are torn
Your love surrounds me 
In the eye of the storm

I like that song a lot.  There's also one by Casting Crowns with a similar message.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I like that song a lot.  There's also one by Casting Crowns with a similar message.

I love it when a song reminds us of important truths in our lives. I enjoy Casting Crowns too :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Abby-Joy said:

Thanks, Annette... my connection with my kids and with God are the only roots I'll ever put down, I believe.  But that's just fine. :)

Do you live in a rural area? 

There are a few negatives about living in the city or in town .... mainly, that would be the distance to town. lol  I make sure I do what I need to do in the daytime before the deer come out to play... but that isn't always fail proof ... they are so abundant around here, they even make their way into town in the daytime. lol  From what I hear, a bear walked into the parking lot of the police station a few yrs ago. We have a population of bald eagles a couple miles down the road.  And coyotes yapping and howling all night.  Where we lived before, at my son's school, there was a mountain lion in the schoolyard ... the teachers had to keep the kids inside until the issue was taken care of! :o    lol 

Dear sister you are loved.    Abby when things Get rough , and they will ,  we might , LORD willing just come up and visit you and have deer for dinner.  be blessed.

• Thumbs Up 1

I live right smack in the middle of lil soddom.      Lott sure must have been vexed with all that evil he seen in that city.  ABRAHAM took the plains.  

But  I do have the JOY of the LORD .    Lord willing , In time it might be heading north time.      Lil abby I will come visit on my way , be blessed one and all.   Lord willing of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Abby-Joy said:

There are plenty ... that's for sure!  I may or may not be here at any given time ... so who knows, eh?  lol 

I appreciate the kindness, brother. :)

Very true abby.  none of us knows what is on the morrow.     Yet if the LORD desires us beleivers to gather in the last of days..........IT will happen.   

I told another believer the same thing .    We just don't know do we.    you be blessed .    The LORD will be our guide unto the end.    Be encourage abby.

and keep brining us those wonderful pslams too.  just wonderful encouraging .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2017 at 7:11 PM, Abby-Joy said:

Thanks, Annette... my connection with my kids and with God are the only roots I'll ever put down, I believe.  But that's just fine. :)

Do you live in a rural area? 

There are a few negatives about living in the city or in town .... mainly, that would be the distance to town. lol  I make sure I do what I need to do in the daytime before the deer come out to play... but that isn't always fail proof ... they are so abundant around here, they even make their way into town in the daytime. lol  From what I hear, a bear walked into the parking lot of the police station a few yrs ago. We have a population of bald eagles a couple miles down the road.  And coyotes yapping and howling all night.  Where we lived before, at my son's school, there was a mountain lion in the schoolyard ... the teachers had to keep the kids inside until the issue was taken care of! :o    lol 

Hi Abby,

We live in a small town, and on a cul-de-sac which is so nice. Where we lived before the roads were quite busy and we had to carefully watch the girls on their bikes, here they can ride and not have the worry of much traffic.

Thanks for sharing some of your experiences. The mountain lion does not sound all that fun.

God bless :)