Shilohsfoal

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

• ·         Micah 1:3-9  For behold, the LORD is coming out of his place, and will come down and tread upon the high places of the earth.  (4)  And the mountains will melt under him, and the valleys will split open, like wax before the fire, like waters poured down a steep place.  (5)  All this is for the transgression of Jacob and for the sins of the house of Israel. What is the transgression of Jacob? Is it not Samaria? And what is the high place of Judah? Is it not Jerusalem?  (6)  Therefore I will make Samaria a heap in the open country, a place for planting vineyards, and I will pour down her stones into the valley and uncover her foundations.  (7)  All her carved images shall be beaten to pieces, all her wages shall be burned with fire, and all her idols I will lay waste, for from the fee of a prostitute she gathered them, and to the fee of a prostitute they shall return.  (8)  For this I will lament and wail; I will go stripped and naked; I will make lamentation like the jackals, and mourning like the ostriches.  (9)  For her wound is incurable, and it has come to Judah; it has reached to the gate of my people, to Jerusalem.

Edited by unworthydude

"come out of her my people."

1 Corinthians 6:15-16  Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never!  (16)  Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, “The two will become one flesh.”

Edited by unworthydude

• Numbers 15:37-40  The LORD said to Moses,  (38)  “Speak to the people of Israel, and tell them to make tassels on the corners of their garments throughout their generations, and to put a cord of blue on the tassel of each corner.  (39)  And it shall be a tassel for you to look at and remember all the commandments of the LORD, to do them, not to follow after your own heart and your own eyes, which you are inclined to whore after.  (40)  So you shall remember and do all my commandments, and be holy to your God.

• Numbers 25:1-3  While Israel lived in Shittim, the people began to whore with the daughters of Moab.  (2)  These invited the people to the sacrifices of their gods, and the people ate and bowed down to their gods.  (3)  So Israel yoked himself to Baal of Peor. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel.

• Lev 17:7  So they shall no more sacrifice their sacrifices to goat demons, after whom they whore. This shall be a statute forever for them throughout their generations.

Isaiah 1:21-26  How the faithful city has become a whore, she who was full of justice! Righteousness lodged in her, but now murderers.  (22)  Your silver has become dross, your best wine mixed with water.  (23)  Your princes are rebels and companions of thieves. Everyone loves a bribe and runs after gifts. They do not bring justice to the fatherless, and the widow's cause does not come to them.  (24)  Therefore the Lord declares, the LORD of hosts, the Mighty One of Israel: “Ah, I will get relief from my enemies and avenge myself on my foes.  (25)  I will turn my hand against you and will smelt away your dross as with lye and remove all your alloy.  (26)  And I will restore your judges as at the first, and your counselors as at the beginning. Afterward you shall be called the city of righteousness, the faithful city.”

Nahum 3:1-5  Woe to the bloody city, all full of lies and plunder— no end to the prey!  (2)  The crack of the whip, and rumble of the wheel, galloping horse and bounding chariot!  (3)  Horsemen charging, flashing sword and glittering spear, hosts of slain, heaps of corpses, dead bodies without end— they stumble over the bodies!  (4)  And all for the countless whorings of the prostitute, graceful and of deadly charms, who betrays nations with her whorings, and peoples with her charms.  (5)  Behold, I am against you, declares the LORD of hosts, and will lift up your skirts over your face; and I will make nations look at your nakedness and kingdoms at your shame.

see Zeph 1-3 for more on this.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

16 hours ago, unworthydude said:

Can we just move beyond Mystery Babylon is Jerusalem and focus our attention on the implications of this?

No, no we can't.  No one is denying that the sons of Israel (not necessarily Jerusalem) played the harlot over and over again.  That's not in question.  Just because the same word "harlot" is used to describe mystery Babylon and the sons of Israel does not make them the same thing.  It only makes them both harlots.  Look closely at the description of Mystery Babylon according to scripture:

• And on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.”  Revelation 17:5
  • And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints and of all who have been slain on the earth.  Revelation 18:24

Israel / Jerusalem is NOT the MOTHER OF harlots and abominations.  Unfaithfulness and abominable behavior existed LONG BEFORE Israel / Jerusalem.  What was the reason for the flood?  

The sons of the devil who sat in the seat of Moses are guilty of all of the righteous blood shed.  In Mystery Babylon is found the blood of ALL who have been slain, righteous and unrighteous.  Mystery Babylon is the influence of the kingdom of Satan on the human race.  It is the kingdom of Satan that gave birth to all unfaithfulness and the abominations of the earth.  Satan and his angels sinned and were cast down from the mountain (kingdom) of God (Ezekiel 28:16).  They became the destroying mountain (kingdom) that destroys the whole earth (Jeremiah 51:25).

The Mystery Babylon of Revelation 17:5 speaks of something spiritual.  In Revelation, this spiritual entity manifests itself in the natural realm through a city which reigns over the kings of the earth.  It is referred to as Babylon because it is spawned from spiritual Babylon.  When looking at end time prophecy, Jerusalem being that city simply doesn't fit.  The main reason is that the timing of the destruction of Babylon the city doesn't fit with what is still to take place in Jerusalem.

18 hours ago, unworthydude said:

There is much to be said but nothing can be learned if God's people can't even acknowledge scripture in this regard. Please body.. Look at the evidence.  I pray that the true seekers will have their eyes opened to see His word.

Amen.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Last Daze said:

No, no we can't.  No one is denying that the sons of Israel (not necessarily Jerusalem) played the harlot over and over again.  That's not in question.  Just because the same word "harlot" is used to describe mystery Babylon and the sons of Israel does not make them the same thing.  It only makes them both harlots.  Look closely at the description of Mystery Babylon according to scripture:

• And on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.”  Revelation 17:5
  • And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints and of all who have been slain on the earth.  Revelation 18:24

Israel / Jerusalem is NOT the MOTHER OF harlots and abominations.  Unfaithfulness and abominable behavior existed LONG BEFORE Israel / Jerusalem.  What was the reason for the flood?  

The sons of the devil who sat in the seat of Moses are guilty of all of the righteous blood shed.  In Mystery Babylon is found the blood of ALL who have been slain, righteous and unrighteous.  Mystery Babylon is the influence of the kingdom of Satan on the human race.  It is the kingdom of Satan that gave birth to all unfaithfulness and the abominations of the earth.  Satan and his angels sinned and were cast down from the mountain (kingdom) of God (Ezekiel 28:16).  They became the destroying mountain (kingdom) that destroys the whole earth (Jeremiah 51:25).

The Mystery Babylon of Revelation 17:5 speaks of something spiritual.  In Revelation, this spiritual entity manifests itself in the natural realm through a city which reigns over the kings of the earth.  It is referred to as Babylon because it is spawned from spiritual Babylon.  When looking at end time prophecy, Jerusalem being that city simply doesn't fit.  The main reason is that the timing of the destruction of Babylon the city doesn't fit with what is still to take place in Jerusalem.

Amen.

When you have Israel being called a whore in the last days scenario, how can you discount that so easily with arguments that don't actually rebut at all the biblical statements made?  Strikes me of just intellectual dishonesty to not even acknowledge the plain reading found throughout the prophets of Israel being a whore who God will judge at the end for breaking his covenant. Evidence should matter to a Christian. The word harlot was not just used historically but used prophetically in the passages sited. Please reread them in context. Reducing them down to your minimalized perspective doesn't account for the truth they reveal.

Edited by unworthydude

Last Daze:

I won't deny the fact that false religion and the fallen angels are in some way also behind the descriptive title of Mystery Babylon. I'd like to explore that with you but I just can't dismiss all the evidence that clearly regards Israel/ Jerusalem as a harlot city that the prophets have set their focus on and anticipating a catastrophic last days judgment and restoration.

To refuse to see that there is more than a possible connection here seems to be shear bias and as a Christian we should have a philosophical epistemology that should be rational and empirical and not just mystical or subjective in its approach to knowledge. We should be able to accept what is said and work within that. There is no need to disqualify evidence when it can all be regarded and understood. Attributing and dismissing all evidence to the past does not work when contextually the writer gives clues to a future fulfillment. This reveals bias.

Scriptures that can account for your arguments..

Israel and Babylon have the forehead of a whore.

• Jer 3:3  Therefore the showers have been withheld, and the spring rain has not come; yet you have the forehead of a whore; you refuse to be ashamed.
  • Rev 17:5  And on her forehead was written a name of mystery: "Babylon the great, mother of prostitutes and of earth's abominations."

Israel is called a Mother of Harlots.

• Hosea 1:2  When the LORD first spoke through Hosea, the LORD said to Hosea, “Go, take to yourself a wife of whoredom and have children of whoredom, for the land commits great whoredom by forsaking the LORD.”

• Hosea 2:2-5  “Plead with your mother, plead— for she is not my wife, and I am not her husband— that she put away her whoring from her face, and her adultery from between her breasts;  (3)  lest I strip her naked and make her as in the day she was born, and make her like a wilderness, and make her like a parched land, and kill her with thirst.  (4)  Upon her children also I will have no mercy, because they are children of whoredom.  (5)  For their mother has played the whore; she who conceived them has acted shamefully. For she said, ‘I will go after my lovers, who give me my bread and my water, my wool and my flax, my oil and my drink.’

• Rev 17:5  And on her forehead was written a name of mystery: “Babylon the great, mother of prostitutes and of earth's abominations.”

The "all who had been slain" argument is easily accounted for because you are absolutely right. Let me explain.. In the scriptures, the anti-christ, fallen angel of the abyss, world ruler is stated to rule from Jerusalem and so the devil's children will encompass the city and the religion who's people have been behind all the slain on earth. This argument can easily be harmonized.

Edited by unworthydude