Bro.Tan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

Are we to believe that as soon as we accept Jesus in our lives that our salvation is secure? Again people are quick to run to the Apostle Paul’s writing, grabbing a couple of verse that preachers have grossly mistaught. And they have built a false teaching regarding “once saved always saved”. Just as you freely accepted Jesus in your life you can also freely choose to stop serving him. Jesus said with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord. People are being taught that once you are quote “saved” that you can never fall to the spiritually lost condition. This is not true and totally unbiblical; this teaching is a damnable heresy brought in by man. To teach someone that all they have to do is believe on Christ and you are saved is a doctrine of the devil. Many who teach eternal security teach that once a man is saved no matter how wicked he becomes he is still saved. Thus the teaching “once saved always saved”. Then you asked them what are you saved from? Or how did you obtain your salvation? And most cannot answer these questions. Some even say that sense I have been “saved” I am living a sinless life.

(1John:1:10) If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. According to bible you can’t be living a sinless life, because if you make such a statement, you just lied.

Paul said in (1Cor. 15:1-2) (v.1) MOREOVER, brethren, I declare unto the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; (v.2) By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. Paul is telling you right here that you are saved by the gospel that he preached unto you if you keep it in memory. So what happens if you don’t keep it in memory? Then you have believed in vain you have believed for nothing that’s what vain means.

Paul said in (1Cor. 9:24-27) (v.24) Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. (v.25) And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown: but we an incorruptible. Paul says that when you run in a race everybody is running for a prize. But this prize that he is referring to is eternal life, that’s what he means by an incorruptible, he’s talking about an incorruptible body, a heavenly body. (v.26) I therefore so run, not as uncertainly, so fight, not as one that beateth the air: (v.27) But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. You see Paul knew exactly what was going on that why he says he has to bring his body under subjection. Under subjection to what? To God’s Law, Paul knew that if he didn’t continue to keep God's law that even after he had preached to many that he himself could still become a castaway. This doesn’t sound like Paul thinks that he has guarantee salvation.  

Don’t allow yourself to be deceived into believing that once you believe in the Lord that your work is finished, it has just started. Paul say in (Heb. 10:35-39) (v.35) Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward. (v.36) For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. People you must have patience when dealing with the word of God. And you must do the will of God, which is the keeping of his law, if you expect to receive the promise, which is eternal life in the kingdom of God, which will be established on this earth. NO ONE IS GOING TO HEAVEN. And it’s strange that most people who consider themselves “once saved always saved” are the same ones that tell you that God’s commandments were nailed to the cross. (v.37) FOR YET A LITTLE WHILE, AND HE THAT SHALL COME WILL COME, AND WILL NOT TARRY. (v.38) NOW THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH: BUT IF ANY MAN DRAW BACK, MY SOUL SHALL HAVE NO PLEASURE IN HIM. What does Paul mean by if any man draw back? You mean that once you are quote “saved” that you can draw back. According to the apostle Paul you can. Like I said earlier that just as you choose by your own free will to start serving the lord, you can by that same free will stop serving the lord or as Paul put it draw back. (v.39) But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. That’s what you must do, you must have faith (believe) unto the saving of the soul. And your soul is not saved as soon as you start to believe on Jesus, salvation is works in progress, not a one step solution. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"Are we to believe that as soon as we accept Jesus in our lives that our salvation is secure?"

We? Don't know about any we, but me? Yes! 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

14 hours ago, Yowm said:

If it is 'our' salvation, then no, it is not secure.

If it is salvation from the Lord, then yes, it is secure... as salvation is of the Lord

Sorry to hear that salvation is dependent on the amount of your faith, rather than the grace found in Jesus Christ.

Are you speaking of our rebirth or sanctification? Our rebirth is a past event, our growth in Christ is ongoing. From beginning to end it is His Work for us and then in us.

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
(Eph 2:5-7)

Paul said in (Phil. 2:12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Now if you need not work to be save, then why is Paul telling you to “WORK” out your own salvation, and pay close attention because he also says with “fear and trembling”.  

Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus. And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past. We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time. So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because all have sinned, and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check.  

14 hours ago, Neighbor said:

"Are we to believe that as soon as we accept Jesus in our lives that our salvation is secure?"

We? Don't know about any we, but me? Yes! 

If you still believe the false doctrine of “once saved always saved” and that you can never fall away then what does this next verse mean? (Heb. 6:4-6) (v.4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, (v.5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, (v.6) If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. You mean that you can be enlightened, be partakers of the Holy Ghost, taste the good word of God and still it’s possible for you to fall away. You had better pay attention to what the Lord inspired Paul to write here. Just as you choose to serve God of your own free will you can by that same free will decide to stop serving God. You are what is called a free agent, the choice is yours.  

If you feel that you are saved, I'm sure that you know the few verses that seem to imply this. Such as (l Corinthians 1:18) "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God and (2 Corinthians 2:15) "For we are unto God a sweet savor of Christ in them that are saved, and in them that perish." both of these scriptures are true, but when, how, and what will be saved?

Remember these verses mentioned those that perish as well as those that are saved, and if you are saved then at the same time someone is to perish. If this is the case, we have been judged, and I'm sure we all would remember standing in front of a white throne looking at Jesus and the saints.

Seeing that Jesus is your Lord, then you must confess and confirm (Saint John 5:22) "For the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment unto the Son." This leaves judgment in Jesus hands only. Now we understand (2 Timothy 4:1) "I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom."

I'm sure some will say, "What does this have to do with me? I'm saved now. Well consider this (James 4:12) "There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who are thou that judgest another." Now if Jesus is your Lord, he is the only one who can judge whether you will be saved or destroyed and this happens at his appearing and his kingdom. Then, after 1,000 years of peace, the Judgment day (where all that have ever lived will be judged, by Jesus and his saints) (1 Corinthians 6:1-3); (Revelations 20:4); (Genesis 22:18) says, "And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because thou has obeyed my voice." We know that this particular seed is Christ, so if we believe God, as Abraham did in (Genesis 26:5), and obey his voice, then are we Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise (to possess the land forever).

In order for us to receive this promise, we must be able to live forever, but this aging body does not allow us to live that long. But Jesus does, (Philippians 3:20-21), "For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the savior, the Lord Jesus Christ" (verse 1, 2), "Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body according to the working where by he is able even to subdue all things unto himself." This is the perfect heavenly body we shall bear in (1 Corinthians 15:49) "and as we have borne the image of the earthly, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly." At this time you can say," I am saved." 

If you are going to inherit the land forever, then you must have a body that is able to live forever. This is simple. This is the word of God. How else are salvaged from this death that Adam put us in? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

15 minutes ago, Bro.Tan said:

If you still believe the false doctrine of “once saved always saved” and that you can never fall away then what does this next verse mean? (Heb. 6:4-6) (v.4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, (v.5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, (v.6) If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. You mean that you can be enlightened, be partakers of the Holy Ghost, taste the good word of God and still it’s possible for you to fall away. You had better pay attention to what the Lord inspired Paul to write here. Just as you choose to serve God of your own free will you can by that same free will decide to stop serving God. You are what is called a free agent, the choice is yours.  

Would it matter if we give an explanation on the context of the verse?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

1 hour ago, Bro.Tan said:

I think Yown makes a good point in bringing up sanctification. Many people get being sanctified mixed up with doing things in order to be saved, Jehovah's Witness are a clear example but there are many others.

Is it possible that what Paul is really saying here "have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, (v.5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come" means that for those that REALLY AND TRULY have had this experience...it is actually so impossible for them to fall away that, it would therefore be impossible for the need for Christ's work again if somehow, they could fall away.  It may be that we misunderstand the term "fall away".

The only beings I can think that would fall into this category would be the fallen angels that were in the presence of God.

The rest of what you are saying I think is begging the question 'what must one do then in order to "maintain" ones salvation?' 

Works? That kinda goes against what the bible teaches us about being saved by grace through faith.

Heb 10:10  By God's will we have been sanctified once and for all through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus, the Messiah. 
Heb 10:11  Day after day every priest stands and repeatedly offers the same sacrifices that can never take away sins. 
Heb 10:12  But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, "he sat down at the right hand of God."

Once and for all.

Once for all men (humans)

Once for all sin

This grace that demonstrates a love that surpasses all understanding continues to forgive our sins, whether by committing a sin or omitting to do something we should.

The comments in the OP seem to contradict this.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

We are saved soley by grace alone.  BUT................if we don't continue in it we wont be.

Many fail of the grace of GOD.  many do.

Here is our walk IF we HONEST .

I will use mine.   I was in total darkness of sin.  Then Gods grace unctioned me and drew me to Faith IN CHRIST, whereby my faith in HIM is continued accesss in this grace.

But if we don't continue in HIM  , we cast out .   And this happens to many.  

JESUS own words............THEY receive THE WORD,  YEAH THE WORD with JOY,  but in time of temptation FALL AWAY.

THE WORD.    They receive not satans word, IT WAS JESUS and they fell away from HIM.   like peter once said

Far worse it is having come and TASTED righteousness , then went back to THA DUNG PIT .  AND IT HAPPENS according to the TRUE PROVERB.  whether mans doctrines

say so or not. IT DOES HAPPEN .  MANY fall away . they came , some lust entered in CHOKED the word, hardend the heart.

Cause as paul says..............exhort , exhort , lest any become hardened THROUGH the deceitfulness of sin.

We are saved SOLEY by grace can no man boast...........ONLY BETTER HEED GRACE< THE SPIRIT ,   or fail of grace many will.   CONTINUE IN HIM TO THE END NOW

FOR its HIS GRACE , ITS HIM IN US WORKING that which is well pleasing in his sight.  but as it is said.........many fall away due to tempatoin , lust and NEVER COME BACK.

SEE Why we need to be exhorting daily, What we FEED OF is of dire importance. FOR tis also HIS Grace at work in the members KEEPING the members IN LINE and ecouraged

warned and stayed and prayed up.    ITS WAR PEOPLES....................DIE DAILY amen.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Bro tan i luv ya , but ya didn't tell the truth up their.  saying we aint saved from the start, that we HAVE TOO

WRONG .   pard we saved by grace alone.  ONLY we better keep heeding the HOLY SPIRIT , keep exhorting to do good , keep exhorting to do JESUS sayings in LOVE.

keep warning any who slips , GET OUT , GET UP , REPENT asap.   

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

6 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

many fall away due to tempatoin , lust and NEVER COME BACK.

Yes, and this is happening a lot as the world and the lusts of the flesh fascinates many:

"Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful." - Matthew 13:22

When someone new hears of "once saved always saved" and is then left alone, this happens:

"When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside." - Matthew 13:19

And this refers to those who have received the Word, and has the Spirit:

"But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty." - Matthew 13:23

"Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.
Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." - John 6:53-54

"He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him." - John 14:21

Wake up, people! It is time to repent and welcome Jesus to your life.