• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Yowm said:

Don't know why you like to amputate texts out of context... it goes on to say..

for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. (Php 2:13)

...that is the reason we work. Same idea here...

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. (1Co 15:10)

Past sins only? I thought He died for all sins, once and for all. Are you Roman Catholic? i.e. original sins only.

Day to day basis? I need some Scripture on that one. Here is one I like...

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. (Joh 5:24)

...doesn't sound like a day to day basis to me but a one time pass.

Again Jesus says in with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord.  The grace of God is the opportunity you have now to get in the good side of the kingdom. We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time.  Anyone that is not baptized is a person with their sins yet upon them, because it is the baptism that washes away our past sins. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16): Remember, before his crucifixion, Jesus told his disciples that his time (death) is not yet come.

The Bible is telling people to repent, the Bible is telling people to get baptize, and to keep the commandments, which includes the sabbath day on the seventh day of the week. The Bible tells people what not to eat, how to be Holy and clean, so this what Paul is talking about when in (Phil. 2:12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Now if you need not work to be save, then why is Paul telling you to “WORK” out your own salvation, and pay close attention because he also says with “fear and trembling”. Look at what Jesus says in  Matthew 10:28  And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

5 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Well,  per the title of this thread, it is as well about multitudes of people who are lost, yet deceived into thinking they are saved, and they willingly (wittingly or unwittingly)  remain in the dark,  on the wide road to destruction, 

for whatever reason,  (several disclosed in God's Word), 

and perhaps, whether much prayer,  or GOD'S GRACE,  something changes,    SO THEY WAKE UP FROM BEING DEAD,

and do not remain unsaved,   deceived, headed for judgment .....

Then they are not saved and do not fall under the title of "Once saved always saved a doctrine of the devil".  They were never saved in the first place.

You can't lose something you never had.

When saved, we may struggle like you (and Paul) have outlined but that doesn't mean they lose their salvation when they don't completely follow the Father.

Think about it, that would mean to be saved we would have to be instantly following everything as you outlined it....impossible, there has to be another way.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

When did God take away your free will ?  

When a mother is in labor for 2 days,  after a full term 9 months pregnancy,

and the baby is born,

does the baby get up in the morning, make breakfast, and go to work ?

YES !   (but not for some number of years, eh?) :)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/14/1970

once the cucumber becomes the pickle, there is no going back.... the key here is, what is a cucumber, what is a pickle, can we recognize them both? Can we be honest about which one we are?

2 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

When a mother is in labor for 2 days,  after a full term 9 months pregnancy,

and the baby is born,

does the baby get up in the morning, make breakfast, and go to work ?

YES !   (but not for some number of years, eh?) :)

Who/ what are you addressing?

3 minutes ago, Mike 2 said:

Think about it, that would mean to be saved we would have to be instantly following everything as you outlined it....impossible, there has to be another way.

No,  stop thinking about this.    READ THE BIBLE, and ask the FATHER to reveal what HE MEANS, and HE WILL,

to everyone who is born of Him, who seeks the truth, and keeps seeking the truth (every day).

In the Bible is the description of believers,  their lives as ekklesia,  born again by the WILL OF GOD, and set apart (from the world) by HIM) ,  Living as HE says to Live  (not like most churches or groups today even know about ) .....

i.e.  do not think about this - seek this - seek Yahweh's Kingdom ,  NOT man's imitation, nor the devil's,  but GOD'S TRUTH.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/14/1970

he is saying that it takes time to develope or grow into the fully formed adult or spiritual being

Edited by Christ lives not i

1 minute ago, Christ lives not i said:

once the cucumber becomes the pickle, there is no going back.... the key here is, what is a cucumber, what is a pickle, can we recognize them both? Can we be honest about which one we are?

I love this one.

I'm writng it down:thumbs_up:

1 minute ago, Christ lives not i said:

So ?  the pickle can get moldy, go bad, become UNedible, UNuseful, UNalive,  a real disaster !

Can Scripture be broken ?  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1