• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

oh oh...... sorry......

some vessels are [or become; or make themselves] vessels of dishonor, destined for shame and judgment .....  yes,  they will be 'finished'  - just not in the way you expect ...

not always 'good' (for them).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

58 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

oh oh...... sorry......

some vessels are [or become; or make themselves] vessels of dishonor, destined for shame and judgment .....  yes,  they will be 'finished'  - just not in the way you expect ...

not always 'good' (for them).

Wrong. Your twisting scripture. It means what it says . It is referring to those saved. That's in the context. You can't twist scripture to suit your theology.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

53 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Wrong. Your twisting scripture. It means what it says . It is referring to those saved. That's in the context. You can't twist scripture to suit your theology.

It is concepts that are being exposed as doctines of the devil in this thread (per the title of the thread).

Or is it actually possible for Scripture to be "broken" ? 

Is it actually possible for Scripture to be "Untrue" ?

Guest shiloh357
On 10/23/2017 at 9:24 PM, Bro.Tan said:

Are we to believe that as soon as we accept Jesus in our lives that our salvation is secure? Again people are quick to run to the Apostle Paul’s writing, grabbing a couple of verse that preachers have grossly mistaught. And they have built a false teaching regarding “once saved always saved”. Just as you freely accepted Jesus in your life you can also freely choose to stop serving him. Jesus said with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord.

First of all, Matt. 24F:13 is talking about the Tribulation.   He is talking about those who endure to the end of the Tribulation period.   You need to look at that verse in its literary context.

Another point that needs to be made is that in the original Greek, "Saved" is used 5 different ways in the New Testament.   It can refer to preservation, restoration, deliverance, healing and security.    In Matt. 24:13, it is referring to a physical endurance of the Tribulation saints through the Tribulation period and deliverance at the end.  Those saints who endure to the end of the Tribulation will be delivered and will go into the millennial kingdom.

People are being taught that once you are quote “saved” that you can never fall to the spiritually lost condition. This is not true and totally unbiblical; this teaching is a damnable heresy brought in by man. To teach someone that all they have to do is believe on Christ and you are saved is a doctrine of the devil. Many who teach eternal security teach that once a man is saved no matter how wicked he becomes he is still saved. Thus the teaching “once saved always saved”. Then you asked them what are you saved from? Or how did you obtain your salvation? And most cannot answer these questions. Some even say that sense I have been “saved” I am living a sinless life.

Actually, no one is taught that.   That is what many, who do not understand the doctrine of Eternal Security, claim that it teaches.   The assumption is that if you believe you are eternally secure, there is no impediment  to sinful self-indulgence.  It's the opposite, in reality. 

Salvation is a transformational event.  When a person believes the Gospel and are saved, he is changed.  He received a new heart, a new set of desires to serve God.   He is a "new creature."  He is not the same person He was before.    Salvation is not simply a matter of being moved from one side of the ledger to the other side.  

When a person is truly saved and indwelt by the Holy Spirit, he is not going out and looking for a way to sin.  He is not living in sin.  The genuine Christian isn't simply a convert; he is follower of Jesus. He is a disciple of Jesus. 

One of the problems I see in modern evangelism is that we are preaching to make people converts instead of preaching to make people followers and disciples of Jesus.   And there is a big difference.   You can "convert" to the Christian religion, but miss out on Jesus.   You can "convert" and never be changed.

Paul said in (1Cor. 9:24-27) (v.24) Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. (v.25) And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown: but we an incorruptible. Paul says that when you run in a race everybody is running for a prize. But this prize that he is referring to is eternal life, that’s what he means by an incorruptible, he’s talking about an incorruptible body, a heavenly body. (v.26) I therefore so run, not as uncertainly, so fight, not as one that beateth the air: (v.27) But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. You see Paul knew exactly what was going on that why he says he has to bring his body under subjection. Under subjection to what? To God’s Law, Paul knew that if he didn’t continue to keep God's law that even after he had preached to many that he himself could still become a castaway. This doesn’t sound like Paul thinks that he has guarantee salvation.  

Paul's point in that passage had to do with personal discipline.  Paul's point is that he is not going to undermine his preaching by not living out the virtues and principles he preaches about.   In essence, Paul is making every effort to practice what he preaches.   He does this so that he will not be a "castaway."   He is not talking about losing salvation;  he is talking about being disqualified for service.  He is talking about being cast aside in terms of usefulness in ministry.

Your approach to that passage has Paul working for salvation, which if that is the case, it would make Paul, not Jesus, the savior. 

Don’t allow yourself to be deceived into believing that once you believe in the Lord that your work is finished, it has just started. Paul say in (Heb. 10:35-39) (v.35) Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward. (v.36) For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. People you must have patience when dealing with the word of God. And you must do the will of God, which is the keeping of his law, if you expect to receive the promise, which is eternal life in the kingdom of God, which will be established on this earth.

That is false teaching.  We do not do the will of God to get saved or to stay saved.  Our works  are the fruit of salvation, not the means by which we are saved.

It is also worth pointing out that in the Exodus, which is the Bible's archetype of salvation, the children of Israel were not given the law,  and told that their deliverance from slavery was conditional upon their obedience to the law.  In their bondage to slavery, they were unable to keep God's law.   God's law was given AFTER they were saved.   God's commandments are only given to a redeemed community to keep and only a redeemed community can keep God's law.   

NO ONE IS GOING TO HEAVEN.

You might not be going to Heave, but I am.  You can either go to Heaven or Hell when you die.  So if you reject Heaven, there's only one other option for you.

And it’s strange that most people who consider themselves “once saved always saved” are the same ones that tell you that God’s commandments were nailed to the cross.

No, what was nailed to the cross were our offenses, our sins.   In ancient Rome, it was customary, when someone was crucified, to nail to their cross, all of the offenses that person committed to justify why that person was being crucified.   Paul draws on that imagery to say that our offenses were nailed to Jesus' cross and He was dying for what we have done and paying the price for our sins.

FOR YET A LITTLE WHILE, AND HE THAT SHALL COME WILL COME, AND WILL NOT TARRY. (v.38) NOW THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH: BUT IF ANY MAN DRAW BACK, MY SOUL SHALL HAVE NO PLEASURE IN HIM. What does Paul mean by if any man draw back? You mean that once you are quote “saved” that you can draw back. According to the apostle Paul you can. Like I said earlier that just as you choose by your own free will to start serving the lord, you can by that same free will stop serving the lord or as Paul put it draw back. (v.39) But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. That’s what you must do, you must have faith (believe) unto the saving of the soul. And your soul is not saved as soon as you start to believe on Jesus, salvation is works in progress, not a one step solution. 

That passage out of Hebrews 10 was written to Jews who were sitting on the fence, who were considering becoming believers, but were also being tempted and coerced to return to the sacrificial system.   The book of Hebrews was written to address both Jewish believers and Jews who were considering salvation and the terms of the Gospel.   You can see how Paul toggles back and forth between both audiences in Hebrews.   Hebrews was not written to a specific Church, but to the Jewish community at large.   He is not talking to Christians who were going to abandon the faith; but to Jewish people who had mentally assented to the propositional claims of the Gospel, but had not fully converted at that time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 10/26/2017 at 6:32 AM, Christ lives not i said:

Why do you say spiritualism when my profile says spirituality? Those two words have two different definitions. Spirituality is merely a concern with the spirit. I am sane to imagine you can agree that the Holy spirit, spirit of God, the Christ,  born in spirit, etc, is good for those who are the fragrence of Christ among those who are being saved- and perishing. Be sure that the Light that is in you is not darkness, lest how great will that darkness be.

When you go on proclaiming a thing it is best to use scripture lest you embody satan in your walking to and fro to devour and condem... and you be used to snatch up the seeds of the word of God - seeds of entry to the kingdom for you and others too.

Here are 8 scriptures to support that Christ lives, not i:

1. “But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the spirit is life because of righteousness.”—Romans 8:10

We human beings were created by God with a body on the outside and a soul and spirit on the inside. Our spirit is our deepest part, created to contact and receive the Spirit of God. When we received Jesus as our Savior, He cleansed us of our sins and He came into our spirit as life. Thus, because Christ is in us, our “spirit is life because of righteousness.”

2. “Because the God who said, Out of darkness light shall shine, is the One who shined in our hearts to illuminate the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellency of the power may be of God and not out of us.”—2 Corinthians 4:6-7

The apostle Paul describes the believers as earthen vessels that contain “this treasure.” What is this treasure? It is Jesus Christ, in whose face we see the glory of God. Christ lives in us earthen vessels as a precious treasure, revealing to us the glory of God from within.

3. “But when it pleased God…to reveal His Son in me.”—Galatians 1:15-16

We might think this verse should read, “It pleased God…to reveal His Son to me.” But in the original language of the New Testament, Greek, the verse reads “to reveal His Son in me.” God’s plan is to reveal His Son in us, from within, rather than to us, from without. Or, to put it another way, God reveals Christ to us from within us. To those who have Christ in us, God is pleased to reveal in us more of the wonderful Person of Christ.

4. “I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me.”—Galatians 2:20

Here, Paul did not say “I live in a Christ-like way,” or, “I glorify Christ through my behavior.” No, he said, “Christ…lives in me,” clearly telling us that Christ lives in His believers. The Christian life is not a matter of behaving like Christ, but of allowing Christ Himself to live in and through us.

5. “My children, with whom I travail again in birth until Christ is formed in you.”—Galatians 4:19

Paul viewed the believers in Galatia as his spiritual children. He had labored to help them receive Christ at their salvation, and in this verse, he continues to labor on them so that the Christ they received would be fully formed in them. Christ lives in us from the time we are saved, but He wants to be formed in us in a definite way. Day by day, we need to give Him the opportunity to be formed in us. As we do, Christ will be able to express Himself more fully through us in our daily life.

6. “That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith.”—Ephesians 3:17

When we believed into Christ, He came to live in our spirit, the deepest part of our being. But Christ also wants to make His home in the rest of our inward being: our hearts and our souls. By living in our spirit, Christ is the new source of our new life. But our soul—our mind, emotion, and will—can still choose to ignore Him as our new source and go on just as before. In this case, Christ is in us, but He’s limited in us, kept only in our spirit. So He cannot be expressed through us very much. The Lord Jesus wants to make His home not only in our spirit, but also in all the parts of our soul.

7. “Christ in you, the hope of glory.”—Colossians 1:27

This verse shows that Christ is in us in a particular way: as our hope of glory. When we believed in Him, Christ came to live in our spirit. Now He is making His home in our hearts. In the future, when He returns, He will even spread to our body outwardly so that God’s glory can shine through us in a full way. The Christ who lives in us is our hope of such glory.

8. “When He comes to be glorified in His saints and to be marveled at in all those who have believed.”—2 Thessalonians 1:10

Christ’s second coming will surely be a marvel. But according to this verse, the most marvelous thing will not be the outward display of His coming; it will be His glory revealed from within His believers. The Christ in us, who lives in us and is being formed in us, will be revealed from within us, and even our bodies will be transformed to match Him.

What a glory to God, a marvel to man, and a shame to the devil, that people on this earth would choose to receive Christ and allow Him to grow in them and express Himself through them throughout their lives!

What is your choice to be?

We are not to try and reason out spiritual truth with the logic of our carnal mind......it always leads astray.  But we are to just believe and receive what is written and don't take it beyond what is written......and that's like another way of saying to hold these truths in spirit and not with the carnal mind.  Christ lives in me, glory, glory.......to Him be all glory and thanksgiving......how marvellous that He would come and dwell with such as I, sanctifying me by His Spirit alone, not of myself.  How can my own mind of flesh figure out that I died yet I live.  It can't so I don't worry about it, I don't try to reason it......like where David wrote that I don't concern myself with matters that are too great for me....but just rest in Him, like a weaned child....just believe what He says by FAITH and even that is not of ourselves.  Our life is to be one of continually humbling ourselves as is only meet, and so that Christ in us is lifted up.  Not even Jesus who is the ONLY ONE WORTHY exalted Himself.....He was careful how He revealed Himself as the Son of God and Messiah, to take no glory for Himself but made Himself nothing to let the Father have all the glory......and set us the example.  It's not about us, it's about glorifying the Father and the Son.  Freedom is not in thinking we are something, or in having to be something, that is bondage.....but freedom is in knowing and acknowledging we are nothing and yet GOD SO LOVED US ANYWAY.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/23/2017 at 11:24 PM, Bro.Tan said:

Are we to believe that as soon as we accept Jesus in our lives that our salvation is secure?

Well there are people who do seem to believe that all you have to do is just say the right words like some kind of magic formula, and bang you are saved, no problem; you can continue to go on living an unregenerate life sinning all you want and you dont have to worry about going to hell. Such people are not saved and never were.

There is such a thing too as being reborn in the spirit. Such a person has buried the old man of sin....

Romans 6:6 |
Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Ephesians 4:22 
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Colossians 3:9 |
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

Having said that however, remember too that being saved makes us forgiven sinners, not perfect. That perfection wont come till we have fully put off the flesh (1 Cor 15:52-54). So we will always continue to struggle along that narrow path and make mistakes from time to time.

In this context, Once saved always saved is perfectly biblical. 

https://www.allaboutgod.com/once-saved-always-saved.htm

Once Saved, Always Saved – The Biblical Evidence
The Bible teaches “once saved, always saved” -- that we can be saved once and for all only through a repentant, saving faith in Jesus Christ. Once a person has accepted Christ as Savior, they may wonder if it is possible to lose that salvation. What if they commit a sin? What if they commit a lot of sins? What if they do something very, very wrong? Is it possible to be saved, and then lose that salvation? Fortunately, the answer is a resounding “no.” Once a person has accepted Jesus Christ as Savior, he/she is forever saved. This fact is referred to as the doctrine of “eternal security,” often summarized as “once saved, always saved.” 

There are several reasons why a person can be confident in their “eternal security.” First and foremost is the evidence of Scripture. John 3:15-18 says about Christ: “The Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.”

The salvation in Christ is not temporary, it is eternal. 

In John 10:28-30, Jesus says: “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one." The forgiveness of God through Christ is sufficient to cover all of our sins -- past, present, and future. There is nothing a person can do that God cannot forgive. This doctrine is supported by Romans 8:38-39, Ephesians 4:30, and Jude 24; among others.

Once Saved, Always Saved – The Logical Evidence
As with many other scriptural doctrines, the idea of “once saved, always saved” is also supported logically. Eternal security is consistent with everything else the Bible teaches about mankind, and God. Examining the doctrine in relation to the rest of Scripture demonstrates that it is consistent with all other biblically sound teachings. The idea of losing our salvation is not only unscriptural, but it creates monumental problems with other doctrines, including salvation by faith, the sin nature of man, and the purpose of Christ’s sacrifice. 

The Bible teaches that man is inherently sinful -- that a sinful nature is a part of all of us (Romans 3:10). This means that even after being saved, every single believer is going to sin from time to time. Thinking that we can live a perfect, sinless life after our salvation is not only unscriptural, but arrogant (James 2:10). If we are not eternally secure, this sinning will cause us to lose our salvation, but how much sin is too much? There is no scriptural “yardstick” given to tell us how many or what kind of sins are enough to void our salvation. Without eternal security, the Bible would describe a situation where Christianity is a perpetual game of Russian Roulette; a life in which condemnation and salvation alternate every time we sin and confess, and we never know if we’re saved or not. 

Scriptural passages (Ephesians 2:8-9, Isaiah 64:6) indicate that our attempts at good deeds will never earn us a place in heaven. We cannot make up for our past, present, or future sins by doing good works. A saved believer will, as a natural product of their faith, shun sin and practice good works (James 2:18). If “once saved, always saved” is not true, then by necessity we are saved both by our faith and our works. If we can do sinful things, or not do good things (James 4:17) and lose our security, then our good deeds are a part of our salvation. This concept is contradictory to Scripture. It also creates an unlivable scenario where we have to try to do enough good to outweigh our sinful natures. The doctrine of “eternal security” goes hand in hand with the doctrine of “saved by faith alone.” To deny eternal security is to endorse a “faith plus works” salvation system. 

Jesus Christ made some powerful statements about morality during His earthly ministry. In those three short years, He talked the talk and walked the walk of the toughest moral and ethical system in human history. Most religions focus on the external actions, but Christ took the concept of sin and holiness to a much deeper level. For example, most religions are satisfied to condemn the physical act of adultery, but Christ said “Whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart” (Matthew 5:28). 

Christ set the bar for holiness at a level all Christians are called to aspire to, but none can ever fully live up to, because of our sin nature. Just as the law of Moses was meant, in part, to demonstrate to Israel how impossible it was for mortal man to obtain the moral perfection of God, the standards of Christ also remind us of how shallow our best efforts at goodness really are. Thankfully, God has always provided a way for us to be forgiven for our shortcomings. Christ’s sacrifice on the cross served the same purpose for all mankind that the sacrificial lambs did for specific families before His ministry. Christ was a sinless, blameless substitute for our sins. The Bible clearly tells us what Christ’s moral expectations are for us. If we lost our salvation every time we fell short of those ideals, then none of us would be saved for more than a few minutes at a time. If that were true, what purpose was there in His death? 

Also, according to the Bible, if we could lose our salvation, then it would be lost forever, because Christ only died once. Hebrews 6:4-6 is an often misunderstood passage, which strongly supports the doctrine of eternal security in two ways: it implies that Christ’s sacrifice must be sufficient for all sins, and states that if it were possible for a person to lose their salvation, it would be forever lost. According to this passage, if a person could do something that cost them their salvation (which they cannot), then it would be “impossible” for them to be re-redeemed.

Once Saved, Always Saved – The New Creation
Critics of the “once saved, always saved” doctrine claim that it gives Christians a license to sin. They presume that those who believe in eternal security intend to accept salvation, and then continue to willingly sin. This is inaccurate, because anyone who has been truly saved is a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17), has the conviction of the Holy Spirit (John 14:26; 1 Thessalonians 4:8), and now wants to live for Christ. Someone who continues to willingly and blatantly live in sin has not truly accepted Christ (1 John 2:19; 1 John 3:6; James 1:26). While this false belief may be held by some, it is not a part of the teachings of any true Christian church (Romans 3:8). 

A person who willingly, humbly, repents of sin and turns towards the cross, trusting Christ as their Savior, will be saved (Acts 16:31; John 6:37; John 14:6). That salvation is once and for all, eternal, and secure. Those who truly trust in Christ are saved once, and saved always.

*Back to me*

Now God will chastise His saved children who sin, even to the point of death if necessary, but that does not mean they have lost their salvation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 10/25/2017 at 7:29 PM, Sojourner414 said:

Which you will not do by answering the question that was posed to you in the other thread; you're just dodging the question while trying to appear "holy". Until you answer that question, you're stuck.

Come on, now, peace, people

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

First of all, Matt. 24F:13 is talking about the Tribulation.   He is talking about those who endure to the end of the Tribulation period.   You need to look at that verse in its literary context.

Another point that needs to be made is that in the original Greek, "Saved" is used 5 different ways in the New Testament.   It can refer to preservation, restoration, deliverance, healing and security.    In Matt. 24:13, it is referring to a physical endurance of the Tribulation saints through the Tribulation period and deliverance at the end.  Those saints who endure to the end of the Tribulation will be delivered and will go into the millennial kingdom.

This is a good example how we can bring our own thoughts and build our own context to what Jesus said: 

Mathew 24:13 , if you edure to the end, then shall be saved. 

Jesus was looking ahead to what vary soon will happen not only to his disciples but also to anyone who believes in him and will find ones self in a hostiled environment. 

To start with his disciples, who had no idea to what lies ahead for them. 

Jesus repeatedly tried to warn them by telling them that not only their dreams or visions or expectation for their near future won't come to pass, but the contrary will happen, and he made himself as an example. 

If they are doing those things to me, they won't spare you also. 

"In my name they will do to you what they are doing to me now, and what they are about to do. 

Thats how they will glorifie me as their king: they will crown me with a Crown of thorns, and the same or similar things they will do to you, this is who they are going to glorifie you, because that's what you have in your mind. 

You want me to be a great King , the great King who is going to rule over the Jews and the Romans and all your enemies, and you imagine your selfs dress up with fine raiments, and sitting on my left and my right as my co-rulers and the Princes of the kingdom. 

Jesus said to them: and fortunately not to all of us. Your fine raiments are going to be the same as my fine raiments from the people you expect to be glorified. 

It is going to be from the people the same as mine, your own raiments soak in blood, referring to the prosecution to come to them from the people they hoped to ruled over, and Jesus also referring to the Son of...who was trendind his wine press, and his raiments were soak in the red grape juise, and whom the angel of death show, and stopped right there, and the rest of the people lived and they did not die, they met the life giver, they one who put away death for them, their Savior. 

Jesus said your raiments will be soak in blood from the those you expect to ruled over and be glorified. 

But the glory from above for you and the glorious raiments come from above, the Father from above will dress you up with the same glory he will dress me up, and with the same raiments, with the raiments of my righteousness, and did not I say to you, if you have to raiments give one to the one who does not have. 

I was born righteous, and I live and die righteous. So I have two righteousness, one for my self and for you. 

To stay on the subject, Jesus forseen the prosecution. And also their disapointment when they will see him die on the Cross, to continiun to believe till the end of their lifes. 

Because many who had believe in him and follow him, even that time because of different reasons stopped following him, and some stopped believing in him. To saved themselfs from the prosecution. 

But some of them, even from the priest were secret believers. 

Many at Peter's speech, at the Penticost believed again together with others who believe for the first time. 

Jesus empasizes that we have to endure whatever comes in our lifes, and not blame him, and stop believing, or if we blame him, and he expects that to happen to continue to believe in him till we die. Or at the time of our death to be found with faith in him, then we are Saved, if we keep the faith till the end. 

This does not mean that were not saved before when we believe. 

It is that as long as we believe we are saved, It is not about the ten (dead ) commandments, it is about the one who gives life apart from the ten commandments. Jesus Christ the life giver by faith in his death on the Cross, and his resuraction . 

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Your closest friendnt said:

This is a good example how we can bring our own thoughts and build our own context to what Jesus said: 

Mathew 24:13 , if you edure to the end, then shall be saved. 

Jesus was looking ahead to what vary soon will happen not only to his disciples but also to anyone who believes in him and will find ones self in a hostiled environment. 

No, he wasn't.  He was talking about the Tribulation period. 

You really need to read the context to get a clearer and more proper view of what He was talking about.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

14 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Yes, God can bring who He Chooses Home through HIS power, yes, if He is Willing including any 'conditions' HE SETS.

Rom 10:9  that if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 

I don't see any indication here that it is only if God is willing  in fact, I don't see any conditions attached to this.

This is putting the onus totally on us. This is something that has to be truly heart felt if it is to be real, and only the Lord knows if it is.

I believe God draws all people to him and we all have the free will to accept him or not. We all at some point get the opportunity to truly feel his reality in our heart and either accept it or reject it. The reason our "works" are so important is laid out in the rest of Roman 10. We as son's of God bring words forth from the Father into the world. Think about the person that is feeling the Father drawing him and knowing there is something more to this" God thing" they are pondering and one of us shows up "working out our salvation", sharing the Gospel and that person finally gets the piece of the puzzle they've been looking for.

God blesses us in that tremendously!!

But if we ignore His guidance and urging, particularly if we are caught up in sin, we don't have that opportunity any more. He no longer blesses us because, logically, to bless us in that state would be to encourage a behavior that is drawing us away from His limitless blessings.

The first commandment against having false Gods and God being jealous is not because "He is not getting all the glory and worship"  It's not about his love for himself (that's selfish), but his love for us.  He is jealous for us, that those false Gods are taking us away from experiencing His boundless love.

When, because of our flesh, we give in to temptations of worldly gods we struggle with thoughts that God is angry at us and is going to excommunicate and take away our salvation. Paul agonizes over this and addresses it in Rom 7.

Here's how sin chains us, enslaves us... it makes us THINK we have lost our salvation, often at least doubting it....that's the deception of Satan

Look at how Satan has power over us when we sin

Heb 2:14  Therefore, since the children have flesh and blood, he himself also shared the same things, so that by his death he might destroy the one who has the power of death (that is, the devil) 
Heb 2:15  and might free those who were slaves all their lives because they were terrified by death.

Why are people terrified by death??? Because they are afraid they aren't going to heaven!!

James addresses the concerns that Christians have over this doubt.

Jas 4:7  Be subject therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 
Jas 4:8  Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

He's not talking to the unsaved, he's talking to Christians that are struggling with worldly desires....we all do, and often we are tempted to think we have lost our salvation....but that's not true, we have just turned from God and need to turn back  in order to feel his warm love and blessings again.

We haven't lost our salvation....just our way...like the prodigal, or the branches that were in the vine, cut off and then grafted back in. Even the seed that has been sown (the words of Jesus)and fallen on bad earth because what is going on in our life.

"Be free from the love of money, content with such things as you have, for he has said, “I will in no way leave you, neither will I in any way forsake you.”Heb 13:5

• Thumbs Up 1