• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Heb 13:8 said:

1 Cor 15:12-19 But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

Do you want to be most pitied !?  (I don't think so)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Do you want to be most pitied !?  (I don't think so)

Jeff, what does Paul mean when he says you are still in your sins? What is that hope?

1 Cor 15:17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.

1 Cor 15:19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

Too far from the topic/point ......  too much distraction from what agape is, without knowing what agape is.  Without knowing Yahweh's Plan and Purpose (even though you did quote a little of it, without seeing it) ......  I don't know the origin of the errors,  or who told you in error that agape from Yahweh was what you said in this thread.   They were wrong,  and the rest of the associated thoughts then are wrong likewise also. (with wrong premise,  anything built upon it is necessarily in error) ..... and, no,  I don't know enough at this point to tell you when the error started, or why you believed it.  Perhaps for future and different threads, if Yahweh permits.  (not to derail this one any further) ...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Too far from the topic/point ......  too much distraction from what agape is, without knowing what agape is.  Without knowing Yahweh's Plan and Purpose (even though you did quote a little of it, without seeing it) ......  I don't know the origin of the errors,  or who told you in error that agape from Yahweh was what you said in this thread.   They were wrong,  and the rest of the associated thoughts then are wrong likewise also. (with wrong premise,  anything built upon it is necessarily in error) ..... and, no,  I don't know enough at this point to tell you when the error started, or why you believed it.  Perhaps for future and different threads, if Yahweh permits.  (not to derail this one any further) ...

The hope is that Jesus Christ died for your sins and was resurrected. Belief is hard to come by.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

10 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Jhn 6:28 Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”
Jhn 6:29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

THIS is TRULY ALL that one must do to be saved.    ONE HUNDRED PERCENT ABSOLUTE TRUTH.

And if we BELEIVE IN HIM FROM THE HEART , By the SPIRIT we do all He said do , and what he said is evil we do not .

A real easy and simple walk.    HE who loves me KEEPS my sayings, he who don't , DONT.    A resounding amen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

THIS is TRULY ALL that one must do to be saved.    ONE HUNDRED PERCENT ABSOLUTE TRUTH.

And if we BELEIVE IN HIM FROM THE HEART , By the SPIRIT we do all He said do , and what he said is evil we do not .

A real easy and simple walk.    HE who loves me KEEPS my sayings, he who don't , DONT.    A resounding amen.

When we believe in Jesus that he died on the Cross, we are under his blood whether we understand that or not. 

It does not depent upon our understanding, it depends upon Jesus and not just because he knows that because thats why he gave up himself on the Cross to die. To be the sucrifice for our sins. 

This is a simple thing for the Jews to understand what does it realy means to be under his blood. 

We are not to earn this possition to be under his blood. 

How can one earn this position to be under his blood? How?

Jesus died for sinners, 

And he also die for those who were under the righteousness of the Law. 

At the Cross the righteousness of the Law finish, so the whole world is found to be unrighteous from that time on. 

Those who had died in the righteousness of the Law, are also found to be naked at the Cross, because they Cross gives the the righteousness of God, and they are found without the righteousness of God, which is the righteousness of Jesus Christ, who also has the life of God, and at the time of believe in him , he gives both the righteousness of God and the LIFE of God to those who believe. 

JESUS can say ; when one believes in me is mine, because he is as he is by faith alone, because Jesus is the Judge of all, believers and unbeliever, the good and the bad. 

He is the one who desides who is under his blood and his life. 

The same as he is by faith alone. 

This is the one who believes in him. 

Our righteousness is important but no for earning the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ. And or his imputed eternal life with him. 

I did not say sin, but if you sin, don't be afraid that Jesus who is your judge will sent you to Hell because of your sins, he knows that he died and payed the penalty of your sins, hiw lucky we are.  

That's why he said ; nothing can take you from me.

Your wages of your sins in the new covenant do not bring death, as Paul has explain: 

In jesus Christ is life in the name of Jesus. 

Guest shiloh357
18 hours ago, simplejeff said:

All Scripture is TRUTH,  and often a paradox.   

Never-the-less,   the point wasn't the Numbers VS Timothy ,  but that Yahweh and the holy Spirit is not/ are not a "person" .  

That is false teaching.  The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are three Persons.  The Bible presents them as Persons.  

person | Definition of person in English by Oxford Dictionaries
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/person - Cached
Definition of person - a human being regarded as an individual,

Numbers 23:19 God is not human, that he should lie, not a human ...

biblehub.com/numbers/23-19.htm - Cached - Similar
God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

11 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I don't think anyone made the assertion that the persons of the Trinity were human persons.

26 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

That is false teaching.  The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are three Persons.  The Bible presents them as Persons.  

https://www.gotquestions.org/God-is-not-a-man.html

"Question: "How can Jesus be God, when Numbers 23:19 says that God is not a man or a son of man?"

"Answer: Some claim that the Old Testament proves that Jesus cannot be God because of Numbers 23:19a, which says, “God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent” (KJV). The reasoning is that, if God is not a man, then the Christian claim that Jesus, a man, is God is false. Just as troublesome is the fact that Jesus repeatedly calls Himself the “Son of Man” in the gospels (e.g., Mark 14:21).

"The Old Testament does indeed teach that God is not a human being, not only in Numbers 23:19 but also in 1 Samuel 15:29 and Hosea 11:9.

"However, the New Testament shows us that Jesus made claims to be God—and at the same time He calls Himself the “Son of Man,” a title that proclaims His humanity. With all this being true, how can we prove that Jesus is God?

... ...

"To summarize, God’s statements that He is not a man and Jesus’ statements that He is the Son of God coexist as true; they are not in conflict."