• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, simplejeff said:

This is not true, nor is it indicatd in anything else in your post(s) of Scripture .....

Yahweh grants the understanding of Scripture to infants,  of Salvation to Whom He Pleases,   and hides everything about Salvation from the educated,  (scholars)....

as Jesus Says,  because this is Yahweh's GOOD PLEASURE SO TO DO.

Where is your scriptures or verses to prove anything. Didn't Paul say in 1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.  In the scriptures it written in Proverbs 15:14 The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Robert William said:

The problem is that you preach what you can't produce, that is perfection.

I wasn't the one preaching it,  PAUL DID , I quoated HIM.    But I guess calvin was more in tune with GOD than paul .  I nearly laughed out loud when I said that .

Calivin was a killer.  a stone cold killer.   That alone is how I knew he did not know Christ.  So his doctrine , yeah I can see why it was OFF a bit.

Any man whether rome or whatever , that supported the death of any , knew not Christ .

Calvin was a butcher.    As were a few others Zwingli and so on .      I wont waste time on their doctrine .   if a man is a killer , then you know he knows not Christ.

Can we just not start over .  read the bible for ourselves again.   it gets clear pretty quick if one does. 

Here this should be real easy.    ONCE we are saved we are always saved So long as we continue in the ONE WHO SAVED.    BY HIS GRACE we sure can .  OBEY the SPIRIT its that simple.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Here this should be real easy.    ONCE we are saved we are always saved So long as we continue in the ONE WHO SAVED.    BY HIS GRACE we sure can .  OBEY the SPIRIT its that simple.

The bible warns us to continue in the faith. Those who are saved will take need. I think those not really saved will fall away. But no one knows who is really saved. So the Apostles warn those who process faith. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

My phone always change my letters. I forget to check sorry.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

22 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That is false teaching.  The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are three Persons.  The Bible presents them as Persons.  

Sorry, that is a man made theology that came out of the 3rd century in an attempt to explain how God appears in the bible in 3 ways.

God is involved with creation in 3 ways. No different than you and I are.

The bible doesn't call them 3 persons, we do.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The Bible presents God as a Person who can think, create, show emotion...  He has all of the traits of personage.  

Saying that He is a person is NOT the same is claiming he is a human being.  God does not have to be human to be a Person.

I can agree with this 

I do see the point of others that say God cannot be 3 persons.

We have to keep in mind that that term was brought in to being 1700 years ago to try and describe what are 3 distinct ways that we see God at work.

The language of the day was a lot different than that of today and as you can see just in this post using that old terminology creates confusion and breaks down our understanding of God. Many in frustration simply say "it's a mystery". It is not a mystery, but the use of 3 persons in 1 has served to fog the reality of God and how He works to many.

It doesn't have to be that way!

How can the meaning of a word change? Today if you say someone sucks at something it is generally accepted to mean that they are not very good at it. If you were to have said that just 30 years ago, you would have got your face slapped or a punch in the mouth because it meant something different then.

Anyways....gotten off the topic of keeping or losing our salvation....pardon me.

Guest shiloh357
35 minutes ago, Mike 2 said:

Sorry, that is a man made theology that came out of the 3rd century in an attempt to explain how God appears in the bible in 3 ways.

God is involved with creation in 3 ways. No different than you and I are.

The bible doesn't call them 3 persons, we do.

No, it is not man-made teaching at all.  The Bible doesn't use the word "persons"  but the concept is demonstrated in Scripture.

God is three persons, in one God.

18 minutes ago, Mike 2 said:

I can agree with this 

I do see the point of others that say God cannot be 3 persons.

We have to keep in mind that that term was brought in to being 1700 years ago to try and describe what are 3 distinct ways that we see God at work.

No, that is not true.  God IS three persons, and the Scriptures demonstrate Him to be such.  God is not working in three modes or three different ways, particularly when you see Father, Son and Holy Spirit appearing and working separately at the same time.

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, it is not man-made teaching at all.  The Bible doesn't use the word "persons"  but the concept is demonstrated in Scripture.

God is three persons, in one God.

No, that is not true.  God IS three persons, and the Scriptures demonstrate Him to be such.  God is not working in three modes or three different ways, particularly when you see Father, Son and Holy Spirit appearing and working separately at the same time.

There you go, we, man, are applying the word person to a "concept" in an attempt to understand what is revealed to us.

The word "person" as defined today no longer does a very good job of defining the concept, if the concept was correctly defined in the first place. 

The Father does not work separately from the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit does not do anything unless it is first the Fathers will. The only way to know the Father or His will is through God's Holy Spirit.

If you have an experience with the Holy Spirit you are experiencing the Father through the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit does not do anything independent like you or I do as a person but only the will of the Father.

Look at a car, the engine is not a car , the tires are not a car, the body is not a car. Put them together and you have a car. 

God is a person.

You can give me all kinds of verses and say that they describe the Holy Spirit as a person, but if you look at them as them describing God at work you will see that the person is really God.