I facilitate a knit and crochet group at the church I attend.  Are there any yarn crafters here?

Welcome WestCoastBeliever to the club, thanks for joining.

The following are not something I made, but inherited from my grandmother when she died in about 1980. I know nothing about yarn, other that I had some that I acquired who know where (then subsequently gave away). I did keep a little because my cats like it.

I am wondering though, if you can tell me which craft the pictures depict. I do not know (by looking) if something is knitting, chrochetting, embroidery (lol) or macrame, it is all pretty much the same to me.

yarnframed.jpg

yarnframedclose.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/20/2017 at 12:24 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

The following are not something I made, but inherited from my grandmother when she died in about 1980. I know nothing about yarn, other that I had some that I acquired who know where (then subsequently gave away). I did keep a little because my cats like it.

I am wondering though, if you can tell me which craft the pictures depict. I do not know (by looking) if something is knitting, chrochetting, embroidery (lol) or macrame, it is all pretty much the same to me.

yarnframed.jpg

yarnframedclose.jpg

I think the top photo is an embroidery.  The bottom photo looks like crocheting.

I have done some crocheting years ago....made my little dog a rainbow coat.  It was a multi-color skein....blues and purple.

Another aunt gave me an afghan....crocheted.   Big blocks of blue, red and yellow.   Have two lap size afghans...a peach one and a periwinkle blue one.  The lap afghans were given to my mom by Meals on Wheels.  A group of Christians crochets them to hand out for special occasions.

On 6/23/2018 at 3:17 AM, Debp said:

I think the top photo is an embroidery.  The bottom photo looks like crocheting.

The two photos are of the same item. The bottom one is just a close up of the top one, so you may see what the work is like.

• Brilliant! 1

2 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

The two photos are of the same item. The bottom one is just a close up of the top one, so you may see what the work is like.

Well, the bottom photo looks like crocheting but since you mentioned it is just a close up of the framed work, I wonder if it could be a hooked rug that was framed?   I have never heard of anyone framing crochet work....so I am going with hooked rug.

On 10/25/2017 at 2:32 AM, WestCoastBeliever said:

WallWeaving.jpg

That really is very good! Could you tell us more about it?

• Loved it! 1

On 11/20/2017 at 8:24 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

yarnframed.jpg

yarnframedclose.jpg

It looks like tapestry using a turkish knots instead of tent stitch. Or it cold be tunisian crochet.

So I have a book on A-Z for crochet I am having trouble mastering it and youtube videos are to fast. How do you recommend I start? Is crochet and knit easier? I have never tried knitting yet but I have considered it. Neat idea using the yarn for needlepoint beautiful work 

Sign in to follow this