• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

On 7/5/2019 at 8:05 AM, Dennis1209 said:

I find the following typology and foreshadowing simply precious and amazing

Numbers 21:8 (KJV) And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. 9.  And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

Nowhere in the Old Testament is this strange event explained. It's one of many examples where the New Testament is hidden in the Old Testament. The explanation introduces us to (in my opinion) the most heart warming, tear jerking, extra ordinary, incomprehensible passages of LOVE in the Bible; and that passage is?

A. Revelation 17: 4-8

B. 1 Cor. 3: 5-6

C. Matthew 1: 2-8

D. John 3: 14-18

D @Dennis1209

:amen:I loved what you had to say and fully agree with it. The OT has some touching and poignant word pictures of Our Savior. I find richness and deeper meaning through the foreshadowing and typology there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

On 7/5/2019 at 8:22 AM, Dennis1209 said:

Some may not agree and find this question controversial; but I agree with the many scholars and plain text of the scriptures. A gentile (a non Hebrew / Jew) personally penned an inspired Chapter in a Book of the Bible. 

What Book and Chapter would that be?

@Dennis1209 Hmm. I'm curious about this one. Some say Luke was not. But that can't be who you are referring to.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  337
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/5/2019 at 3:05 PM, Dennis1209 said:

I find the following typology and foreshadowing simply precious and amazing

Numbers 21:8 (KJV) And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. 9.  And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

Nowhere in the Old Testament is this strange event explained. It's one of many examples where the New Testament is hidden in the Old Testament. The explanation introduces us to (in my opinion) the most heart warming, tear jerking, extra ordinary, incomprehensible passages of LOVE in the Bible; and that passage is?

A. Revelation 17: 4-8

B. 1 Cor. 3: 5-6

C. Matthew 1: 2-8

D. John 3: 14-18

None of the above.

It's John 12:32

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, turtletwo said:

@Dennis1209 Hmm. I'm curious about this one. Some say Luke was not. But that can't be who you are referring to.

DEAR SISTER ,    it just came to me ,  IT was NEBBA CHADNEZZAR .   GO READ it   , Go read it .  ITS nebb doing the speaking, unless someone else

is just quoating him as speaking in first person .     Its in the book of Daniel I think chapter five .   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

DEAR SISTER ,    it just came to me ,  IT was NEBBA CHADNEZZAR .   GO READ it   , Go read it .  ITS nebb doing the speaking, unless someone else

is just quoating him as speaking in first person .     Its in the book of Daniel I think chapter five .   

Close enough, Daniel Chapter 4:

Many scholars agree Nebuchadnezzar wrote it, and it is written in the 1st person.

• Praise God! 2

4 hours ago, Fran C said:

None of the above.

It's John 12:32

The brazen serpent is not explained there? The explanation is in John 3: 14 - 18 

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Close enough, Daniel Chapter 4:

Many scholars agree Nebuchadnezzar wrote it, and it is written in the 1st person.

When I see that question , I just remembered Nebb writing what he did and saying how GOD is able to abase and humble one .

I often wondered it when I read it .  Because its HIM doing the talking . It could be possible his writing was just simply added in as a testimony .

But he wrote it .  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

The brazen serpent is not explained there? The explanation is in John 3: 14 - 18 

The beauty of the brazen serpent is in the ONE who is fargreater .    And as moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness ,  So too must the SON of man be lifted up .

That's the  hope of the believers .     CHRIST the KING .   Who paid the price.

I got a trivia question for us all .    We all know JESUS came to die on the cross for our sins ,  But their is a MEGA massive part that most leave out .

Not paul or peter .  THEY explain it very well .    Why did JESUS take our sins ON the CROSS .      What is this reason that is silent today yet REAL .

Both peter and paul talk about it .    

• Praise God! 1

10 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The beauty of the brazen serpent is in the ONE who is fargreater .    And as moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness ,  So too must the SON of man be lifted up .

That's the  hope of the believers .     CHRIST the KING .   Who paid the price.

I got a trivia question for us all .    We all know JESUS came to die on the cross for our sins ,  But their is a MEGA massive part that most leave out .

Not paul or peter .  THEY explain it very well .    Why did JESUS take our sins ON the CROSS .      What is this reason that is silent today yet REAL .

Both peter and paul talk about it .    

Well, this is an open ended question with many answers unless you're more specific: There was no other way; He loved us; so we could be with Him as His children; justification, sanctification; so we would become blameless in the sight of the Father, etc.

• Praise God! 2

16 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Well, this is an open ended question with many answers unless you're more specific: There was no other way; He loved us; so we could be with Him as His children; justification, sanctification; so we would become blameless in the sight of the Father, etc.

Paul speaks of it in romans six and peter does too in his letter.

let me just say it .     He bear our sins in his own body on the tree,  THAT WE BEING DEAD TO SIN SHOULD LIVE UNTO .....................RIGHTEOUSNESS .

SO be encouraged .   Remember paul said HE preached JESUS and HIM CRUCIFIED .    WE must preach the WHOLE CROSS .    Now ,   put those hands up and praise the LORD .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1