• Birthday:  10/28/1957

13 hours ago, Enoch2021 said:

Not the Earth, eh? 

"World" in all three passages: 

Strongs Hebrew: H8398
תֵּבֵל
têbêl
tay-bale'
From H2986; THE EARTH (as moist and therefore inhabited); by extension the globe; by implication its inhabitants; specifically a particular land, as Babylonia or Palestine: - habitable part, world.

Yes, but you had no point.

I don't care if it said "to the Eyes of Ground Squirrels".

:huh: Are you saying that, to the Amorites... it was the Earth standing still? :rolleyes:

Oh Brother...

Another Red Herring Fallacy and a False Equivalence Fallacy.

How is this tied to your Argument??

If the Train is Stationary it's NOT MOVING.  If "he" thinks he's Stationary when the Train's Moving... then "he's" a Moron.

The One that's NOT MOVING.

Profound.

That depends on the Shape of the Basin.

:groan: What On Earth??

SPIN does not = Coriolis Effect. smh

This is the Coriolis Effect...

"CC.12 The Coriolis Effect :

When set in motion, freely moving objects, including *AIR* [Atmosphere] and *WATER* masses [Clouds/Water Vapor], move in straight paths while the Earth continues to 

ROTATE INDEPENDENTLY.

Because freely moving objects ARE NOT carried with the Earth as it Rotates, they are subject to an APPARENT DEFLECTION called the “Coriolis Effect.” To an observer rotating with the Earth, freely moving objects that travel in a straight line appear to travel in a curved path on the Earth."
Segar, Douglas A; Introduction to Ocean Sciences, 2nd Edition: Critical Concept Reminders -- CC.12 The Coriolis Effect (pp. 313, 314, 323, 324), 
ISBN: 978-0-393-92629-3, 2007.
http://www.wwnorton.com/college/geo/oceansci/cc/cc12.html

Ahhh, not a Chance.

Right in the Face of...

"Within its rotating coordinate system, the object acted on by the CORIOLIS EFFECT APPEARS to deflect off of its path of motion. THIS DEFLECTION IS NOT REAL. It only APPEARS TO HAPPEN because the coordinate system that establishes a frame of reference for the observer is also rotating."
http://www.encyclopedia.com/earth-and-environment/atmosphere-and-weather/weather-and-climate-terms-and-concepts/coriolis-effect

Read this ^^^^^ Real Slow 5 Times.

Right in the Face of...

"Within its rotating coordinate system, the object acted on by the CORIOLIS EFFECT APPEARS to deflect off of its path of motion. THIS DEFLECTION IS NOT REAL. It only APPEARS TO HAPPEN because the coordinate system that establishes a frame of reference for the observer is also rotating."
http://www.encyclopedia.com/earth-and-environment/atmosphere-and-weather/weather-and-climate-terms-and-concepts/coriolis-effect

:huh:

Factually Incorrect, AGAIN...

"CC.12 The Coriolis Effect :

When set in motion, freely moving objects, including *AIR* [Atmosphere] and *WATER* masses [Clouds/Water Vapor], move in straight paths while the Earth continues to 

ROTATE INDEPENDENTLY.

Because freely moving objects ARE NOT carried with the Earth as it Rotates, they are subject to an APPARENT DEFLECTION called the “Coriolis Effect.” To an observer rotating with the Earth, freely moving objects that travel in a straight line appear to travel in a curved path on the Earth."
Segar, Douglas A; Introduction to Ocean Sciences, 2nd Edition: Critical Concept Reminders -- CC.12 The Coriolis Effect (pp. 313, 314, 323, 324), 
ISBN: 978-0-393-92629-3, 2007.
http://www.wwnorton.com/college/geo/oceansci/cc/cc12.html

You're calling me silly after this performance? :rolleyes: 

1.)  SPIN does not = Coriolis Effect. (SEE above)

The conditions needed are:

Two differing Frames of Reference (One Rotating Coordinate System (Non-Inertial) --- The Earth and One Non-Rotating Coordinate System (Inertial) --- The Atmosphere...and anything in it).

2.) Scientifically Validate "The Cause" of the direction (Counterclockwise or Clockwise) of the Storm...

a.  What Phenomenon was Observed...?
b.  Post the Formal Scientific Hypothesis then EXPERIMENT that validates your claim...?
c.  Highlight the "Independent Variable" that was used in the TEST...?
d.  Post the Null Hypothesis that was Rejected/Falsified...?

Storms don't SPIN in a Direction "BECAUSE" they are formed by low pressure systems; it's Non-Sequitur Fallacy.

1.)  SPIN does not = Coriolis Effect. (SEE above) 

1.) Premise and 2.) "Therefore"... are Non-Sequitur because they're Circular...

You essentially said: In the Southern Hemisphere low pressure systems spin in a Clockwise Direction; Therefore, the low pressure systems likewise are spinning Clockwise.

Round and Round you go. :cool:

I can't wait. 

regards

Shalom, Enoch2021.

Okay, thank you. That settled matters for me. Since you are NOT WILLING to understand, then there's no point of trying to continue with you. You are adamantly set in your "little earth" ideas and refuse to think about matters and instead adopt a condescending, holier-than-thou attitude. If you're not seriously going to see things the way they are, then you will just have to go on believing as you do. Someday, you'll encounter a Person greater than yourself to whom you MAY listen, but you are UNWILLING to do so now. Thank you for the discussion. It was fun, and it helped to refine my skills and hone my own belief system. May the LORD bless you and help you to grow day by day.

Ecclesiastes 1:6-7
6 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.
7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.
KJV

Psalm 8:1-9
1 O LORD (YHWH) our Lord (Adonai), how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
KJV

Edited by Retrobyter

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Okay, thank you. That settled matters for me.

I suspected with the 'delay' (since my last post PUMMELING each of your claims) that the "Jig was Up".

Since you are NOT WILLING to understand

I read through and PUMMELED each of your Nonsensical Claims.  What's to understand with this, Pray Tell...

Retrobyter: "Water draining down a drain doesn't go straight down. It SPINS counterclockwise down the drain. That SPIN is called the "Coriolis Effect."

??? For Goodness Sakes Sir, This is tantamount to asking a Carpenter for a hammer and he hands you a Chalk Line !!!  My responses to comments like these were measured and displayed considerable RESTRAINT, imho.

then there's no point of trying to continue with you.

There's no point in continuing because you got your Hat Handed to You.  (pssst...The Posts are still here, people can READ them)

You are adamantly set in your "little earth" ideas

My "little earth ideas"?  What on Earth are you talking about??

and refuse to think about matters

What?? :huh:

Retrobyter: "In the Southern Hemisphere, the low pressure systems SPIN (the Coriolis Effect) in a clockwise direction, 2.) and therefore, the hurricanes that form there are likewise SPINNING in a clockwise direction!"

This  ^^^^ is Prima Facie Circular Reasoning.  What's there to think about?

and instead adopt a condescending, holier-than-thou attitude.

Ad Hom Fallacy (x2).  Often employed as 'The Last Port in the Storm' when their Deuce-Seven Offsuit gets called ALL IN!

If you're not seriously going to see things the way they are, then you will just have to go on believing as you do. 

I treated each of your comments seriously; Unfortunately, they had nothing to do with 'the way things are' and were rendered accordingly.

Someday, you'll encounter a Person greater than yourself to whom you MAY listen, but you are UNWILLING to do so now.

I listen carefully and intently to what every person that addresses me has to say, no matter their lot in life.  

Greater Person??  There is no person "Greater" than another (Post John The Baptist).  What do you mean by "Greater"?

It was fun, and it helped to refine my skills and hone my own belief system.

'Belief System'. <--- The Why's that SUPPORT this are that which are critically important.

May the LORD bless you and help you to grow day by day.

You also.

regards