Dating

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am not in a relationship quite yet but my friend and I would like to get to know each other more for the purpose of possibly starting one. Are there any books or studies that are recommended to get to know one another better? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings gracious

Welcome to Worthy-I'm not exactly sure why you need a book to guide you to get to know someone better plus you say this is your"friend"..,.I would think if you know enough about a person to consider them a friend then you are in a relationship    

The only Book I know of to recommend to anyone is much more than just a book,it is the Living Word of God,the Bible   The Word of God is the very best Life Handbook you will ever read and anything you need to know in Life is Written.......I don't know if you are male or female but it does not matter,if this "friend" has you considering a possible love interest then the Word tells us each genders role in marriage

Talk to one another,if the more you talk the more you find out w4hat a persons all about ,......if this person is not a Christian I say "Stop right there"....theres not really any reason to pursue a relationship except to spread the Gospel  & point to Jesus!                 With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I am pretty sure there would be numerous books on dating. The bigger question is, are they of any use? I would say they would not be of much use.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

10 minutes ago, ravindran said:

I am pretty sure there would be numerous books on dating. The bigger question is, are they of any use? I would say they would not be of much use.

I believe the best advice is in Proverbs and Psalms and Matthew, and FIRST JOHN,  and Galatians.

First of all,  "don't date".

Second of all, remember the first of all.

Always simply trust and rely on the Father in heaven - HE sent HIS son JESUS to set us free from the world , from all things sinful and that lead to sin.  Remember the world is a sinful place, and leads multitudes every day to sin.

Getting to know someone of the opposite gender may take a long time,  obeying God and staying close to Jesus all the time.

That's okay - HE KNOWS BEST.   So never push things along, don't seek out those things HE SAYS to avoid,

and DO uplift one another in PRAYER DAILY, and always read HIS WORD for an hour to 3 hours daily(yes, every day), at least. (to start)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

22 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

I believe the best advice is in Proverbs and Psalms and Matthew, and FIRST JOHN,  and Galatians.

Always simply trust and rely on the Father in heaven - HE sent HIS son JESUS to set us free from the world , from all things sinful and that lead to sin.  Remember the world is a sinful place, and leads multitudes every day to sin.

Getting to know someone of the opposite gender may take a long time,  obeying God and staying close to Jesus all the time.

That's okay - HE KNOWS BEST.   So never push things along, don't seek out those things HE SAYS to avoid,

and DO uplift one another in PRAYER DAILY, and always read HIS WORD for an hour to 3 hours daily(yes, every day), at least. (to start)

I did not say whether dating is right or wrong. Original poster did not ask whether dating is biblical or not. Seems like the question was only about books on dating. Probably you should address this with the original poster

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

46 minutes ago, ravindran said:

The bigger question is, are they of any use? I would say they would not be of much use.

This.   A rhetorical question ? 

I am pretty sure the OP will read the thread some day.

But the posts are not for you or them.   < shrugs > Who knows who will read anything, or who has ears to hear ?    All as Yahweh Pleases, we pray, for as many as He wishes , and whoever.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

On 10/26/2017 at 7:02 PM, simplejeff said:

Yes, it is all about seeking the Lord first and not worrying. When you start dating and to find someone becomes your priority #1, then things can become very troublesome for you and may lead you into traps.

"For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." - Matthew 6:32-34

On 10/26/2017 at 7:02 PM, simplejeff said:

I agree with all you said, except this last part... The amount of time others will dedicate to read His word are up to each individual, not all can read for 16 hours a day for example even if I did (I do not). But worst is not reading at all, and especially if you never read it... Then I suggest people reading as soon as possible, the amount of time is up to them - but read it daily.

If you are in excuses like "But I do not have time", then you are just deceiving yourself. That is what I used to do as well.