Help

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm in sin with a woman at work who is a believer. I'm not in love with her. Its gotten worse. I quit church I was in the pulpit but I don't like the leadership that much and the denomination. The rules. My life is a mess I'm drowning or have already drowned. I need help.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Turn away from the sin, and turn to Jesus. Sounds simple? But I know it can be hard. It is good you are not in leadership at this time. You need to get back to your first love, the Lord. Turn to Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Shalom Jamall,

Welcome to Worthy.   I believe you know what you should do -- the question is -- will you do it?

The very first step is -- to Repent -- which means to change your mind about sin -- and change your direction in your life.

There are no easy fixes in this life -- but it can BEGIN with repentance!

Are you willing to take that first step?

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

I really cannot add to the good advice you already have. Welcome!

I have experienced some of the trap you are in. And it is a trap. See it for what it is. Ask the Lord to give you wisdom. The snare of a man/woman is an awful device, and the snare of the adversary is far worse.

"and they may awake out of the devil's snare, having been caught by him at his will." 2 Tim 2:26

Edited by Justin Adams

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Welcome to Worthy

So does that mean you no longer know what you believe any longer,I noticed you posted in the Outer Court but I do not want to assume you are a non-Believe simply because of where you submitted this Thread

We will often be  disappointed  by people,churches,leaders etc... they are all fallible    Jesus is not & He Will NEVER let us down,I do hope & pray that you have not turned away from God because of "people" & that includes yourself.....you are a person as well and make mistakes,the thing is you don't have to continue as you are.....you obviously know what you are doing,its your choice   You say you stood at the pulpit,pastors & leaders are not exempt from temptation  

Apparantley you are Convicted,your heart is aching & you feel you are drowning in sin...it is your choice,reach out & Jesus Will pull you up or just continue to struggle I'm praying you make the right choice                     God Bless,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

7 hours ago, Jamall said:

I'm in sin with a woman at work who is a believer. I'm not in love with her. Its gotten worse. I quit church I was in the pulpit but I don't like the leadership that much and the denomination. The rules. My life is a mess I'm drowning or have already drowned. I need help.

Do not despair. As you know some people were murderers, robbers and then became saints. The Lord will give you strength. Faith is not about denomination, I think. I do not follow all the rules of my denomination. And what? I am trying to act properly and that is not always up to the mark. It is a constant struggle. Not just something what is reached and stays perfect forever. Keep trying. 

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

9 hours ago, Jamall said:

The Woman Caught in Adultery
…10Then Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are your accusers? Has no one condemned you?” 11“No one, Lord,” she answered.“Neither do I condemn you, Jesus declared. “Now” go and sin no more.12Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8 :10-12

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Remember 1 John 1:9...If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Jesus will forgive and cleanse you, just as if you have never sinned.   Just don't go back to that woman, if she is a temptation to you.

Also, remember our faith is not about denominations and their rules.... it's about our personal relationship with Christ our Savior.  Seek to walk with the Lord in your daily life.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

God is drawing you back to himself. Go and meet him.