IGNORED

Do you really believe Revelations will unfold in our lifetime? Or do you "hedge the bet"?

Pudgenik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/28/2017 at 8:54 PM, missmuffet said:

First seal (6:1-2)  White horse: Antichrist

Second seal (6:3-4) Red horse: War

Third seal (6:5-6) Black horse: Famine

Fourth seal (6:7-8) Pale horse: Death and hell

Fifth seal ( 6:9-11) Martyrs in Heaven

Sixth seal ( 6:12-17) Universal Upheaval and Devastation

Seventh seal ( 8: 1-2) The Seven Trumpets

In the first seal there is a white horse which a man is sitting. He is carrying a bow, has been given a crown, and his purpose is to conquer. This is a Antichrist. He has a bow but no arrows.

How do you know it is the anti christ. The anti Christ is in another chapter altogether

On 10/28/2017 at 8:35 PM, ayin jade said:

I disagree with that view.

You are welcome to disagree. As I disagree with the notion the ride is the anti christ. But seeing how God speaks in scripture, I could offer that the man on the horse represents those who worked on the peace treaty. Also, white in Israel means peace.

On 10/28/2017 at 5:47 PM, Sojourner414 said:

The thing is: the Tribulation is a time of such trouble that it hasn't been on the planet before, and a similar time will never happen again after it. As bad as things may be now, this is nothing compared to what the Tribulation will be like. An example is the "Black Death": at one point, Bubonic Plague ravaged nearly the entire planet, killing 30–60% of Europe's population, and reducing the world population from 450 million down to 350–375 million in the 14th century. It wasn't until the 17th century that the world population returned to pre-plague levels.

That was bad,  and WWI and II took millions of lives, but even those pale in comparison to the Tribulation. In Isaiah 13, we read a description about "The Day of the Lord":

"Behold, the day of the LORD is coming,  Cruel, with fury and burning anger,  To make the land a desolation; And He will exterminate its sinners from it. For the stars of heaven and their constellations  Will not flash forth their light;  The sun will be dark when it rises  And the moon will not shed its light. Thus I will punish the world for its evil  And the wicked for their iniquity; I will also put an end to the arrogance of the proud And abase the haughtiness of the ruthless. I will make mortal man scarcer than pure gold And mankind than the gold of Ophir. Therefore I will make the heavens tremble, And the earth will be shaken from its place  At the fury of the LORD of hosts  In the day of His burning anger." (Isaiah 13: 9-13, NASB, emphasis mine)

While there has been tremendous amounts of people killed in wars, famines, plagues and such, man is hardly "scarcer than pure gold"; last tally on the population of the planet (as of Oct. 2017): 7.6 Billion  people.

Another issue is that the Restrainer has not been taken from the Earth yet, not has the Antichrist entered into a covenant with "the many" just yet. The temple in Israel has not been rebuilt either; in fact, the "man of lawlessness" has not been revealed (re: the restrainer has not been removed so he can appear).

BTW: the only one given a sword was the second horseman, not the people:

" When He broke the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come.” And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from the earth, and that men would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him. " (Revelation 6:3-4, NASB, emphasis mine)

The sword was given to him,  not them.

So in short: while I believe we are in the last days, we are not in the Tribulation.

Are you so sure. Even now there is a person who bothers me quite a bit. He comes as someone of peace, but there have been many statements he has made that I personally find troublesome. 

Now, you know I'm Catholic. And I'm a bit reluctant here in this hostile environment to bring this up. As you (protestants) are so quick to judge those who do not think like you. But we have the same God. And we love Our God, Jesus. And we follow the same core beliefs as you. You who quote the Bible on a whim but hardly listen to Jesus own words. Or the words of God through His apostoles.

Do i harbor I'll will towards you. NO! Never. And I will give my life for everyone of you, even though you will condemn me for being "Catholic"!

So this person I am talking about is Pope Frances. 

There is no secret that in the Catholic church there are two paths of thinking. 

There are those like myself, who are called Conservative Catholics. And the other are the Liberal Catholics. 

The liberal catholics are our enemies. 

On 10/31/2017 at 11:01 AM, Dennis1209 said:

I'm hedging my bet on this one...

I've often thought about why the majority of the hard heads during the tribulation, after suffering and continuing to suffer the most horrendous pain, afflictions and suffering ever know to man, will not repent? Then I looked around and it came to me. God sends them strong delusion and they are committing 'sorceries' (sorceries =  witchcraft, Gr. pharmakeia where we get the English word Pharmacy "DRUGS"). A good portion of the population is strung out and high on drugs, so they don't care and are in search for their next fix. 

So far a number of countries have legalized hard drugs, supply clean needles have actual parlors to frequent to buy and use hard drugs. Even in the U.S., states are legalizing marijuana to use, buy and transport, the known gateway to more potent drug usage. It's only a matter of time before we have a lot more zombies walking and driving among us. I'm afraid 'the wall' if ever built, will have little or any impact on the drugs entering the US.

It's not hard to imagine once the church is removed, the increase of drug use, the majority of the population all stung out, not caring for anything but their next fix, and doing ANYTHING to obtain the drugs they desire. Such as today, druggies don't care about their health, their decaying / tooth loss / gross teeth from meth use, heroin, crack, bath salts, cocaine... Anything to escape the realities of life, not be responsible or productive, loss on natural love and affection replaced by the love of their next high. 

Yeah, I can see this happening.

Look at how many are addicted to cell phones, the smart ph. Biggest drug in the world

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 10/27/2017 at 4:46 PM, Pudgenik said:

Yesterday the company I work for introduced a new 401k plan. I just laughed about it. In my lifetime I have never gotten life insurance, nor the 401k because of what the Lord had revealed to me of my life.

I know that Revelations will indeed unfold in my lifetime.

What say you? Where do you stand with things like life insurance?

Pudgenik, get the insurance. It's fine to hope and pray Jesus comes back real soon. But if you live your life counting on it you're a fool. I seriously expected Jesus back in the 1980's. Then in the 90's, even at the beginning of this century. I lost many opportunities because I listened to preachers more foolish than me. 

I wish I knew how old everyone is. I'm 65, not so old, right. But due to poor health (which I always had) I can barely walk. I didn't save up money because I didn't think I'd need it. Either Jesus would come back, I'd die a young death (which runs in my family), or I'd just keep working. I enjoyed many of my jobs. I also expected Ms. Right to have come along so at least I wouldn't be lonely. It all went wrong, but also God didn't make it easy for me.

I've read the NT more times than I know and I never saw a rapture in there. I know where ya all get it from, but I never saw it. It's a lovely idea. I no longer think it will happen. And 1 of my favorite preachers, Pat Robinson, he also has concluded the rapture is 1 of man's dumb ideas. Once you've been reading the Bible over 40 yrs, and you're in your 60's or above, you realize things. I see the Tribulation, I've watched the world get worse.

Plan your life to see 95, and expect evil to grow. Make sure you have a lifeboat on your ship, don't expect God to bail you out of dumb decisions. Buy the 401 K. I actually had 1 in the 80's but that company went bust, and I had to spend the 401 K money. Make wise choices. I hope you're still young and healthy.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

How do you know it is the anti christ. The anti Christ is in another chapter altogether

Because that is what the Bible tells us.

48 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Because that is what the Bible tells us.

The bible never says the first seal is the anti christ

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

5 minutes ago, Pudgenik said:

The bible never says the first seal is the anti christ

Most of the true and knowledgeable Bible scholars will say that it is the Antichrist. The Antichrist is the false imitator of God. God does not show up on the white horse until Revelation 19:11-16.

2 hours ago, JTC said:

Pudgenik, get the insurance. It's fine to hope and pray Jesus comes back real soon. But if you live your life counting on it you're a fool. I seriously expected Jesus back in the 1980's. Then in the 90's, even at the beginning of this century. I lost many opportunities because I listened to preachers more foolish than me. 

I wish I knew how old everyone is. I'm 65, not so old, right. But due to poor health (which I always had) I can barely walk. I didn't save up money because I didn't think I'd need it. Either Jesus would come back, I'd die a young death (which runs in my family), or I'd just keep working. I enjoyed many of my jobs. I also expected Ms. Right to have come along so at least I wouldn't be lonely. It all went wrong, but also God didn't make it easy for me.

I've read the NT more times than I know and I never saw a rapture in there. I know where ya all get it from, but I never saw it. It's a lovely idea. I no longer think it will happen. And 1 of my favorite preachers, Pat Robinson, he also has concluded the rapture is 1 of man's dumb ideas. Once you've been reading the Bible over 40 yrs, and you're in your 60's or above, you realize things. I see the Tribulation, I've watched the world get worse.

Plan your life to see 95, and expect evil to grow. Make sure you have a lifeboat on your ship, don't expect God to bail you out of dumb decisions. Buy the 401 K. I actually had 1 in the 80's but that company went bust, and I had to spend the 401 K money. Make wise choices. I hope you're still young and healthy.

If the Lord revealed your future to you. And you knew where you would die. And knew how the world would be so much different from this time now. The financial system completely changed, and the work God had you do, ×××××××××××××××××××× Would you get life insurance. Lol

I can tell you as I'm sitting here, you will see the greatest challenge the Christians will have to face in thier lifetime. The Mark of the Beast. Many will take it because thier faith won't be strong enough to believe God will feed them. 

Many Christians in America and Europe have never really needed to live on hard fairh. We live in the land of plenty. 

Now all that will be taken away. And after reeling from the knowledge that the Rapture didn't take place as it was taught, many will leave the faith. It will be the biggest change in history from faith to the one world church. That church will teach, we make our own destiny.

I am not worried about you. God has blessed you with knowledge and faith. You will not be afraid because you will know God's seal is on your forhead. But you will need to help your fellow Christians and others to not take the Mark.

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

Most of the true and knowledgeable Bible scholars will say that it is the Antichrist. The Antichrist is the false imitator of God. God does not show up on the white horse until Revelation 19:11-16.

Its not the anti christ, and it isnt Jesus.

In Revelations  it says there will be a Beast that comes out of the sea. 

Revelations is not a literal book