kenny2212

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus said that at his second coming one person will be taken away, the other left. I want to say first of all that those taken do not remain in this dimension. If they remain, their taking wouldn't be different from a kidnapping. But this isn't a kidnapping, it's Christ's second coming. What about Christ's statement that "where the body is, the vultures gather"? This simply means the spiritually dead are known. Just as the angel of death knew the firstborn sons of the Egyptians, the spiritually dead are known. It is the wicked who are taken, not the righteous. Christ likens his second coming to the times of Noah and Lot. I'm sure we all know that those times it was the wicked who were taken.

Edited by kenny2212

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

33 minutes ago, kenny2212 said:

Jesus said that at his second coming one person will be taken away, the other left. I want to say first of all that those taken do not remain in this dimension. If they remain, their taking wouldn't be different from a kidnapping. But this isn't a kidnapping, it's Christ's second coming. What about Christ's statement that "where the body is, the vultures gather"? This simply means the spiritually dead are known. Just as the angel of death knew the firstborn sons of the Egyptians, the spiritually dead are known. It is the wicked who are taken, not the righteous. Christ likens his second coming to the times of Noah and Lot. I'm sure we all know that those times it was the wicked who were taken.

It is the preparation for Christ's second coming. Obviously one is a believer and one is not a believer. How does this compare to the Parable in Matthew 25:31-46? The separation of the sheep and goats.

Missmuffet, I believe the passage you cited talks about the judgement at the end of days.

Edited by kenny2212
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

"Taken and left" refers to Israel, not today's saved

Jesus is speaking about Israel during the tribulation and some will be taken in judgment .... the others will be left to enter His millennial kingdom as mortals

2/3 rds of Israel will be taken [will die], but the other 1/3rd will be left [Zechariah 13:8-9]

The Lord's discourse relates to His national people of Israel during the time of Jacob's trouble

Daniel, did what happened in Noah's time happen only to Israel? Moreover Christ said that his coming would be as evident as lightning which flashes across the skies (which flashes across the earth from one end to another) (Matthew 24:27).

Matthew 24 is specifically about Israel in the tribulation period

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Like Kenny, I have pondered this in the context of Noah and Lot, Enoch and Elijah, many times. In some cases, the taking the wicked makes sense.
Since I do not hold much to the pre-trib stuff, I can see that the time when this would be happening would be of great darkness, maybe physically as well as communication wise. So it is unlikely that 'air-planes would fall from the sky' as there is so little societal structure left to support this when it gets really bad. No power, no comm, no gas, no banks, not much of anything operating as it is today. So none of this would be readily observable, except in retrospect.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 10/28/2017 at 12:55 PM, kenny2212 said:

What about Christ's statement that "where the body is, the vultures gather"?

Matthew 24:28 “For wherever the ptoma/carcass/body is, there the eagles will be gathered together."

Luke 17:37 And they answered and said to Him, “Where, Lord?” So He said to them, “Wherever the soma/living body is, there the eagles will be gathered together.”

Exodus 19:4 "You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles' wings, and brought you to Myself."

Note that Mathew and Luke use two different words for "body." The former seemed to presume the negative (death), while the latter the positive (life) interpretation of the Lord's statement.

If you use Luke's version, then it hearkens back to God gathering his people together to Mount Sinai, in order to call the faithful up into his Presence after his descent -- a clear portrayal of the descent of Christ to likewise call up his faithful at the Second Coming.

It would not be unreasonable to believe that Jesus spoke of both possibilities, of death and life, at different times in his ministry.

Edited by WilliamL

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 10/28/2017 at 1:19 PM, kenny2212 said:

Missmuffet, I believe the passage you cited talks about the judgement at the end of days.

Do you think the verse deals with the pretribulation rapture of the Church or the second coming of Christ?

This verse deals with Israel during the tribulation .... 1/3 will be saved in the coming tribulation period .... the 70th week decreed for the nation

.... the other 2/3 rds will be taken to judgment

This has nothing to do with the Lord's pre-tribulation call for His own today which will happen just before the tribulation period begins    

Edited by Daniel 11:36