Jump to content
ayin jade

144,000 their purpose

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Sister said:

Daniel 12:11   And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

So the timing starts from the daily sacrifice being taken away to the abomination that makes desolate set up.  3 1/2 yrs. 

So the meaning of the abomination being "set up" really mean's "completed", or "fully established"?

This is the same as I have always understood.

I've always considered Daniel 12:11 to be speaking of the same event and saying that there is 1290 days from that event to the death of the two witnesses.  Are you thinking there is 3.5 years between the daily sacrifice being taken away and the AoD being set up?

Looking at Matthew 24 and Mark 13:

  • “Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand)"  Matthew 24:15
  • “But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where it should not be (let the reader understand)"  Mark 13:14

The AoD is set up when it is standing in the holy place where it should not be.  The parenthetical (let the reader understand) clues us into the fact that this is of a spiritual nature as well as a natural.

The "abomination" is the man of sin standing in the holy place declaring himself to be God.  The natural application of this is that he is on the temple mount proclaiming to be God.  The spiritual application is that he has deceived some believers into believing his lie.  I know Matthew 24:24.  It doesn't say that the elect won't be deceived about anything, ever, as some people might read it.  Just look at how conflicted the elect are today.  What will happen when all the deception of wickedness is in full force?  Some elect might get tripped up by it, but ultimately their spiritual discernment will prevail over the deception.  That's how I read Matthew 24:24.

This "abomination" will lead to the desolation of Israel (natural) and of the saints (spiritual) per Revelation 12:13-17.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A man claiming to be God anywhere on earth will never cause anything to be desolation.

But any of the king of the norths 4018 nuclear warheads would easily make any city desolate.If you knew the man or what he believes in , you might be able to have an understanding of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2017 at 10:58 PM, Last Daze said:

I've always considered Daniel 12:11 to be speaking of the same event and saying that there is 1290 days from that event to the death of the two witnesses.  Are you thinking there is 3.5 years between the daily sacrifice being taken away and the AoD being set up?

Looking at Matthew 24 and Mark 13:

  • “Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand)"  Matthew 24:15
  • “But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where it should not be (let the reader understand)"  Mark 13:14

The AoD is set up when it is standing in the holy place where it should not be.  The parenthetical (let the reader understand) clues us into the fact that this is of a spiritual nature as well as a natural.

Hi Last Daze

I completely agree with you.  You gave a good explanation..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2017 at 11:48 PM, Shilohsfoal said:

A man claiming to be God anywhere on earth will never cause anything to be desolation.

But any of the king of the norths 4018 nuclear warheads would easily make any city desolate.If you knew the man or what he believes in , you might be able to have an understanding of this.

Shilohsfoal

The King of the North no doubt would have all the weapons of mass destruction at his disposal, but that is not his main power given, because many other nations also have this.  The King of the North's power is the 10 kings, and the son of perdition who mass destroy through deceit, through words and through the power that the dragon gave them.

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sister said:

Shilohsfoal

The King of the North no doubt would have all the weapons of mass destruction at his disposal, but that is not his main power given, because many other nations also have this.  The King of the North's power is the 10 kings, and the son of perdition who mass destroy through deceit, through words and through the power that the dragon gave them.

 

The only country in the middle east that remotely likes the king of the north is Israel.

That how he ends up placing a military in Jerusalem.How many nations do you think Israel would allow to do this?

Israel has about 200 nuclear warheads itself .

As for the ten nations that share the kingdom,with Israel.I highly dought any of them trust the king of the north and most don't like him.The Prince of Persia even says the king of the north is the great Satan.

This is what the king of the north does to those ten countries surrounding israel.

http://biblehub.com/daniel/11-44.htm

Edited by Shilohsfoal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sister said:

Shilohsfoal

The King of the North no doubt would have all the weapons of mass destruction at his disposal, but that is not his main power given, because many other nations also have this.  The King of the North's power is the 10 kings, and the son of perdition who mass destroy through deceit, through words and through the power that the dragon gave them.

 

Completely agree Sister, deception that Jesus warns us about several times in Matthew 24.  He will display supernatural powers never before seen.  It's how he revives his kingdom from near death (head wound) and deceives the world into believing he is God.  Nuclear bombs, schnuclear bombs.  He'll vaporize them.  No one can wage war against him.  That's the conclusion the nations come to.  

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shabbat shalom, all.

This would all be amazing stuff ... IF any of it were true! BUT,... NONE of it is true as stated! Ever build a house of cards? What happens to the house if you pull out one of the first cards laid? You've all built so much on your INTERPRETATION of Daniel 11 and 12. What would happen to your entire scenarios if you were to come to the realization that your interpretation of Daniel 11 and 12 was WRONG?! You say, "A is true in Daniel 11" and "B is true in Daniel 12." Then, you conclude that "if A is true and B is true, then C must be true." Then, you throw in another MISINTERPRETATION from Matthew 24, "D is true in Matthew 24." And, once again, you conclude that "if C is true and D is true, then E is true." So, what happens to E if you learn that "A is FALSE?" BOOM!!! Can you see how the whole house of cards comes crashing down?

This is why I SCRAPPED all that I had learned back in 1978 and rebuilt from SCRATCH! I took it all the way back to "I believe in God and in His Son Yeshua` the Messiah" (whom I called "Jesus Christ," at the time) and "I believe that God would want to communicate with His Creation and did so through His Word, the Bible." I didn't need to take it any farther back because I had already accepted His Son for my sacrifice and had been born again. I kicked out all that I "knew" about prophecy and started afresh with the prophecies of the Messiah, both those that had been completed at His First Advent - His First Coming - and those yet to be fulfilled at His Second Advent - His Second Coming. Then, I focused on those prophets who wrote these prophecies about the Messiah. Another over-all priniciple I adopted at the time was Paul's statement in Romans 3:4:

"Let God be true and every man a liar."

Because even at the best of times and with the greatest intentions, a human being can STILL lie unintentionally! Contradictions in our conclusions happen when we believe God for some things but buy into what some man (or woman) has said for others. What's worse is that we don't even know when someone is lying to us because HE or SHE doesn't even know that he or she is lying! That's why teaching others has such a high responsibility - the teacher is held accountable for what he or she teaches! It's one thing to believe something wrongly; it's quite another to teach what he or she believes wrongly to others! That's why Ya`aqov (James) warns:

James 3:1-2
1 My brethren, be not many masters (teachers), knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
KJV

It's always a good idea to go back and LEARN what was being said in a prophecy. For this to happen, it might become necessary for you to learn at least some Hebrew and Aramaic. AND, it's important that we learn some HISTORY! Now, granted, many history teachers can be ... well ... boring, but if you can find a history teacher that loves his/her work and will tell a history lesson like an interesting story, you stand a chance at getting through the "boring" parts. ALL of Daniel 11 is HISTORY! If you don't learn that point, you will gravitate to the misunderstanding that this prophecy was never fulfilled, forcing the prophecy into the future as an unfulfilled prophecy. And, that is the KEY to understanding prophecy. While there are some prophecies that are yet unfulfilled, MANY prophecies HAVE already been fulfilled, just like those for our Messiah's First Advent.

Edited by Retrobyter
oops ... old age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Completely agree Sister, deception that Jesus warns us about several times in Matthew 24.  He will display supernatural powers never before seen.  It's how he revives his kingdom from near death (head wound) and deceives the world into believing he is God.  Nuclear bombs, schnuclear bombs.  He'll vaporize them.  No one can wage war against him.  That's the conclusion the nations come to.  

Everyone thought the country called israel was dead but it wasn't.

Israel's main ally is the king of the north and the king of the north will do all he can to save that government and its people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×