• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Many have said that the 144,000 will preach the gospel in the end times but I have not seen that in scripture. I have seen that they are the first fruits instead. 

So I would like to know. Please show me. Where does it say that they preach the gospel in the end times?

Revelation 14 

1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

You're correct. This idea of the 144,000 preaching the gospel is not supported by scripture but is in fact refuted.  If they're being held hostage or hiding in the wilderness from the a/c till the end of the tribulation, how can they go preach the gospel around the world?

The bible tells us where they will be. Some of the 144,000 are taken as captives while others escape to the wilderness nourish and protected as mentioned in Revelation 12:14, Jeremiah 31:1-4,  Ezekiel 20:34-38 and are not able to preach around the world those 42 months during the great tribulation.

Revelation 14:1-3 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father’s name written on their foreheads. And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps. They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth.

They're being held captive: Psalm 137:1-9.

Psalm 137:1-9 New King James Version (NKJV)

137 By the rivers of Babylon,
There we sat down, yea, we wept
When we remembered Zion.
We hung our harps
Upon the willows in the midst of it.
For there those who carried us away captive asked of us a song,
And those who plundered us requested mirth,
Saying, “Sing us one of the songs of Zion!”

How shall we sing the Lord’s song
In a foreign land?
If I forget you, O Jerusalem,
Let my right hand forget its skill!
If I do not remember you,
Let my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth—
If I do not exalt Jerusalem
Above my chief joy.

Remember, O Lord, against the sons of Edom
The day of Jerusalem,
Who said, “Raze it, raze it,
To its very foundation!”

O daughter of Babylon, who are to be destroyed,
Happy the one who repays you as you have served us!
Happy the one who takes and dashes
Your little ones against the rock!

Some also escaped into the wilderness for 42 months where God will work with them.

Revelation 12:14 New King James Version (NKJV)

14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.

Jeremiah 31:1-4 New King James Version (NKJV)

31 “At the same time,” says the Lord, “I will be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be My people.”

Thus says the Lord:

“The people who survived the sword
Found grace in the wilderness—
Israel, when I went to give him rest.”

The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying:
“Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love;
Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.
Again I will build you, and you shall be rebuilt,
O virgin of Israel!
You shall again be adorned with your tambourines,
And shall go forth in the dances of those who rejoice.

Ezekiel 20:34-38 New King James Version (NKJV)

34 I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you are scattered, with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out. 35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there I will plead My case with you face to face. 36 Just as I pleaded My case with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will plead My case with you,” says the Lord God.

37 “I will make you pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant; 38 I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Lord.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

49 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Rev 7:9 After these things I looked, and lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, out of all nations and kindreds and people and tongues, stood before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palms in their hands.

If they are standing before the throne and the Lamb, then how can they be evangelizing on earth?

Because they ARE on earth. Nowhere does it say they are in heaven. Revelation 7:1-3 plainly states an earthly location and Rev 14:1 say the Lord stands on Mt Zion, in earthly Jerusalem; an exact fulfilment of 2 Thessalonians 1:10, where it says He will be revealed to His own people.  His people: every born again Christian, from every tribe, race, nation and language. Rev 7:9, Isaiah 66:18b

Thinking they or even the 144,000 are just Jews, [all male virgins????] is quite wrong, as Judah is only one of the 12 tribes. As Isaiah 66:21 proves, God will take some of those people for His Levite priests and all the rest of those righteous Christians will be assigned to a Israelite tribe according to each individuals or families characteristics. 

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

Its the preaching the gospel part Im not seeing in any scripture presented.

They preach the good news of the coming Millennium Kingdom of Jesus, the coming Judgement and how we must worship only the Lord. 

40 minutes ago, Psalms37:4 said:

This group of people in Revelation 7:9-10 are not the 144,000 Jews of Revelation 7:1-8.

Yes they are. The Lord selects them out of the vast multitude. Revelation 14:1-5

20 minutes ago, Psalms37:4 said:

The bible tells us where they will be. Some of the 144,000 are taken as captives while others escape to the wilderness nourish and protected as mentioned in Revelation 12:14, Jeremiah 31:1-4,  Ezekiel 20:34-38 and are not able to preach around the world those 42 months during the great tribulation.

Wrong. They are sealed for protection by God. No one can harm or capture them. 

The Bible tells us where they will be: out amongst all the nations and people groups of the world, proclaiming the coming Kingdom. the precursor to this is in Luke 10:1-10, where Jesus sent out 72 evangelists in pairs into all of Israel. 

Isaiah 66 is a prophecy of events happening "after" the second coming when Christ ushers in the millennium having His people sent out to the world telling all nations to come see Him in the new earthly Jerusalem built high on a mountain. This scripture is not about the 144,000 evangelizing to the world during the tribulation.

Isaiah 66:15-24 New King James Version (NKJV)

15 For behold, the Lord will come with fire
And with His chariots, like a whirlwind,
To render His anger with fury,

And His rebuke with flames of fire.
16 For by fire and by His sword
The Lord will judge all flesh;
And the slain of the Lord shall be many.

17 “Those who sanctify themselves and purify themselves,
To go to the gardens
After an idol in the midst,
Eating swine’s flesh and the abomination and the mouse,
Shall be consumed together,” says the Lord.

18 “For I know their works and their thoughts. It shall be that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come and see My glory. 19 I will set a sign among them; and those among them who escape I will send to the nations: to Tarshish and Pul and Lud, who draw the bow, and Tubal and Javan, to the coastlands afar off who have not heard My fame nor seen My glory. And they shall declare My glory among the Gentiles. 20 Then they shall bring all your brethren for an offering to the Lord out of all nations, on horses and in chariots and in litters, on mules and on camels, to My holy mountain Jerusalem,” says the Lord, “as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord. 21 And I will also take some of them for priests and Levites,” says the Lord.

22 “For as the new heavens and the new earth
Which I will make shall remain before Me,” says the Lord,
“So shall your descendants and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass
That from one New Moon to another,
And from one Sabbath to another,
All flesh shall come to worship before Me,” says the Lord.

24 “And they shall go forth and look
Upon the corpses of the men
Who have transgressed against Me.
For their worm does not die,
And their fire is not quenched.
They shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.”

Isaiah 49 is not about the 144,000. It's addressing a single individual calling that person You. I'm not sure but from a quick read, I'm more incline to believe this could be referring to Christ during His first and second coming advent.

Isaiah 49:6-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

Indeed He says,
‘It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant
To raise up the tribes of Jacob,
And to restore the preserved ones of Israel;
I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles,
That You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.’”

Thus says the Lord,
The Redeemer of Israel, their Holy One,
To Him whom man despises,
To Him whom the nation abhors,
To the Servant of rulers:

“Kings shall see and arise,
Princes also shall worship,
Because of the Lord who is faithful,
The Holy One of Israel;
And He has chosen You.”

Thus says the Lord:

“In an acceptable time I have heard You,
And in the day of salvation I have helped You;
I will preserve You and give You
As a covenant to the people,

To restore the earth,
To cause them to inherit the desolate heritages;

16 minutes ago, Keras said:

Yes they are. The Lord selects them out of the vast multitude. Revelation 14:1-5

We've been through this already on Christian Forums Keras. Clearly false with no weight of support whatsoever except what you want others to believe. Those in Revelation 7:1-8 are NOT the same group of people in Revelation 7:9-17.

16 minutes ago, Keras said:

The Bible tells us where they will be: out amongst all the nations and people groups of the world, proclaiming the coming Kingdom. the precursor to this is in Luke 10:1-10, where Jesus sent out 72 evangelists in pairs into all of Israel. 

Getting sealed doesn't make anyone superman or invincible. Show us scriptures telling us the 144,000 that "no one can harm or capture them."

The 70 sent out in Luke 10:1-10 wasn't sent out to minister to others during the time of the great tribulation facing the antichrist during Daniel's 70th week. Otherwise they would come back with their heads cut off.

Revelation 20:4 New King James Version (NKJV)

And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Keras said:

They preach the good news of the coming Millennium Kingdom of Jesus, the coming Judgement and how we must worship only the Lord. 

Where in scripture does it say that? 

46 minutes ago, Psalms37:4 said:

Getting sealed doesn't make anyone superman or invincible. Show us scriptures telling us the 144,000 that "no one can harm or capture them."

Mark 16:15-18 applies to the 144,000. 

Missionaries in the past and now have not had the ability to handle snakes or drink poison and not be harmed, or heal the sick, but those 144,000 with God's Seal; will fulfil this prophecy. 

51 minutes ago, Psalms37:4 said:

Those in Revelation 7:1-8 are NOT the same group of people in Revelation 7:9-17.

Why not? With the continuity of Revelation 7 as it is, with no change of location or people, that we know are every faithful Christian, then its up to you to prove they are not the same peoples.  Remember that the Jews are only one of the 12 tribes and it is now every Christian believer who are the descendants of Abraham, by faith, NOT ethnicity. Galatians 3:26-29 

Deny this truth and you deny the Bible. 

3 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Where in scripture does it say that? 

Revelation 14:6-7, which as I prove from Isaiah 66:19, is an allegory for the 144,000 missionaries. 

1 minute ago, Keras said:

Mark 16:15-18 applies to the 144,000. 

Missionaries in the past and now have not had the ability to handle snakes or drink poison and not be harmed, or heal the sick, but those 144,000 with God's Seal; will fulfil this prophecy. 

Why not? With the continuity of Revelation 7 as it is, with no change of location or people, that we know are every faithful Christian, then its up to you to prove they are not the same peoples.  Remember that the Jews are only one of the 12 tribes and it is now every Christian believer who are the descendants of Abraham, by faith, NOT ethnicity. Galatians 3:26-29 

Deny this truth and you deny the Bible. 

Keras, stop beating around the bush like you did with me on CF. Just get to the point and post scriptures that can support your argument claiming no one harm or capture the 144,000 and let the readers decide for themselves who they want to believe.

Keras said:

1 hour ago, Keras said:

4 minutes ago, Keras said:

Revelation 14:6-7, which as I prove from Isaiah 66:19, is an allegory for the 144,000 missionaries. 

Yeah well I already disproved your Isaiah 66:19 allegory. You forget, I know old testament prophecies well too. 

Nothing slips this old dog. :D