Ed J

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I guess there is an obsession here to try and figure out that the numbers 666 mean in Revelation 13:18. The problem is that I don't think it takes some type of number counting type algorithm to figure out what it means. I do believe however that the Holy Spirit (who lives resides in the believer) will show us what that number means. The number 6 shows imperfection of man. The number 7 in scriptures has been used to show perfection (like the 7 days of creation, etc). The repetition just shows emphasis and how man falls extremely short of perfection. The number is a very simple way of showing where man stands before God. 

If anyone really wants to know, mystic Jews adopted Gematria in the Middle Ages. It is a made man system that is quite deceptive. There are several different variations of Gematria so the question I pose is how do you know which one is right if any of them are right? Another question I pose is if God wanted to use some numbering system to figure out His word why then do we need the Holy Spirit? What is His purpose since a numbering system and math can be used to understand scripture? 

I for one will avoid man made systems that try to figure out God's Word. I don't believe that God's Word is so complicated that we have to use man made numbering systems to figure out it's deepest meaning. I tend to lean toward the idea that God is a literal God and when he says something I believe He means what He says and says what He means. So I just interpret scripture literally where it is literal and understand when God is speaking in metaphors because it is pretty clear that it is a word picture or something similar. 

That's my two cents. I just caution against using outside sources that have somewhat of a sinister origin to interpret God's word. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

I guess there is an obsession here to try and figure out that the numbers 666 mean in Revelation 13:18. The problem is that I don't think it takes some type of number counting type algorithm to figure out what it means. I do believe however that the Holy Spirit (who lives resides in the believer) will show us what that number means. The number 6 shows imperfection of man. The number 7 in scriptures has been used to show perfection (like the 7 days of creation, etc). The repetition just shows emphasis and how man falls extremely short of perfection. The number is a very simple way of showing where man stands before God. 

If anyone really wants to know, mystic Jews adopted Gematria in the Middle Ages. It is a made man system that is quite deceptive. There are several different variations of Gematria so the question I pose is how do you know which one is right if any of them are right? Another question I pose is if God wanted to use some numbering system to figure out His word why then do we need the Holy Spirit? What is His purpose since a numbering system and math can be used to understand scripture? 

I for one will avoid man made systems that try to figure out God's Word. I don't believe that God's Word is so complicated that we have to use man made numbering systems to figure out it's deepest meaning. I tend to lean toward the idea that God is a literal God and when he says something I believe He means what He says and says what He means. So I just interpret scripture literally where it is literal and understand when God is speaking in metaphors because it is pretty clear that it is a word picture or something similar. 

That's my two cents. I just caution against using outside sources that have somewhat of a sinister origin to interpret God's word. 

THEN remember these two SIMPLE things.    Our body, temple is not even our own , we have been bought at a price

and remember that none will be able to buy or sell lest they have this mark.    Darn................this means they going to put something in or on Gods temple OUR BODY

and we wont be able to buy or sell without it.   YEAH anything seem to be so clear , that its RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR FACE .  RFID chip or tattoe.   and its all tied into buying and sellng

AND , its all about putting it IN GODS TEMPLE .  aint that simple .

20 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Wisdom-Quotes.jpg

Miss muffet I still love ya , even more , though you denied my choco cookies.  STILL I just luvs ya sister.   

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, Ed J said:

Hi Everyone,

It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter. (Prov 25:2)

yeah, and how many date setters have said \this too..............OH GOD gave me special knowledge.    OH GOD , ME ME ME.............seems like the only god revealing

contradictions is always focused on the ME of any man.   AS IN SELF

4 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

THEN remember these two SIMPLE things.    Our body, temple is not even our own , we have been bought at a price

and remember that none will be able to buy or sell lest they have this mark.    Darn................this means they going to put something in or on Gods temple OUR BODY

and we wont be able to buy or sell without it.   YEAH anything seem to be so clear , that its RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR FACE .  RFID chip or tattoe.   and its all tied into buying and sellng

AND , its all about putting it IN GODS TEMPLE .  aint that simple .

My point wasn't to go into the whole passage but just demonstrate how simple it actually is to understand what the number means without using a numbering system. Now how it all will be implemented is not really known since John was the one who saw it and wrote what he saw. It's hard sometimes to really create a picture with just words but I also know that what John saw and wrote will be an absolutely terrifying day. I do also agree that yes, if you have the mark, then you are doomed. I am so thankful that I am a Christian and have fully put my faith and trust in a wonderful Savior who took my place on the cross so that I can love Him with all my heart and have that assurance that through Jesus Christ I have eternal life and will have the wonderful privilege of spending an eternity learning and loving my Savior. 

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

My point wasn't to go into the whole passage but just demonstrate how simple it actually is to understand what the number means without using a numbering system. Now how it all will be implemented is not really known since John was the one who saw it and wrote what he saw. It's hard sometimes to really create a picture with just words but I also know that what John saw and wrote will be an absolutely terrifying day. I do also agree that yes, if you have the mark, then you are doomed. I am so thankful that I am a Christian and have fully put my faith and trust in a wonderful Savior who took my place on the cross so that I can love Him with all my heart and have that assurance that through Jesus Christ I have eternal life and will have the wonderful privilege of spending an eternity learning and loving my Savior. 

Their is truly such a point made about that mark that none could ponder it .  this is so obvious.  And no man could BUY or SELL.  see that is the KEY so many miss now

when some try and say monster cans, or days of worship sunday etc....................nope .  cause I can do that or not do it and I can still buy or sell whether I do or don't.

NO.  its rfid tech .  I guarantee it .     look at the commercials , look at how its becoming a move , and its all about how good it is in the skin.   Don't take it,  don't do it.

no matterwhat .     

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Their is truly such a point made about that mark that none could ponder it .  this is so obvious.  And no man could BUY or SELL.  see that is the KEY so many miss now

when some try and say monster cans, or days of worship sunday etc....................nope .  cause I can do that or not do it and I can still buy or sell whether I do or don't.

NO.  its rfid tech .  I guarantee it .     look at the commercials , look at how its becoming a move , and its all about how good it is in the skin.   Don't take it,  don't do it.

no matterwhat .     

I don't believe that it is RFID tech. From history there were Christians who believed that credit cards were the mark of the beast. We know they are not. Remember bar codes? Again the same Christians believed that bar codes were a mark of the beast. Which we know they are not. I am very careful that I just don't assume that some type of technology is the mark of the beast. 

Now I am not saying that RFID tech is completely let off the hook. There are some very negative aspects of RFID tech but there are some very great things aspects of RFID tech. I would choose not to accept RFID tech because I don't trust the lack of security measures. But it doesn't mean that if I put an RFID chip in my hand that I am accepting the mark of the beast. 

I don't believe that you, me or any other Christian knows exactly how the mark will present itself or what it actually is. We don't even know what it looks like. God didn't give us that description. However we do know that as Christians the Holy Spirit will show us and we will know that it is not something that we are to partake in. And we also know that those that accept this mark (whatever it is) is doomed for destruction. I put my faith in the fact that God is in control and that I don't have to live in fear or worry of technology or anything of that sort. We will know and I believe that we will know without a shadow of a doubt. That is if we are saved and know Christ as our Savior and trust Him and His word. 

1 minute ago, Jaydog1976 said:

I don't believe that it is RFID tech. From history there were Christians who believed that credit cards were the mark of the beast. We know they are not. Remember bar codes? Again the same Christians believed that bar codes were a mark of the beast. Which we know they are not. I am very careful that I just don't assume that some type of technology is the mark of the beast. 

Now I am not saying that RFID tech is completely let off the hook. There are some very negative aspects of RFID tech but there are some very great things aspects of RFID tech. I would choose not to accept RFID tech because I don't trust the lack of security measures. But it doesn't mean that if I put an RFID chip in my hand that I am accepting the mark of the beast. 

I don't believe that you, me or any other Christian knows exactly how the mark will present itself or what it actually is. We don't even know what it looks like. God didn't give us that description. However we do know that as Christians the Holy Spirit will show us and we will know that it is not something that we are to partake in. And we also know that those that accept this mark (whatever it is) is doomed for destruction. I put my faith in the fact that God is in control and that I don't have to live in fear or worry of technology or anything of that sort. We will know and I believe that we will know without a shadow of a doubt. That is if we are saved and know Christ as our Savior and trust Him and His word. 

The credit card fails due to IT AINT IN THE SKIN.  so yeah that should have been a major false idea right at its start.

When a system of hateful of GOD , asks us to mark what is GODS .............and ONLY GODS as we have been bought and our body is not even our own.
THAT alone should sound out warning bells.   

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The credit card fails due to IT AINT IN THE SKIN.  so yeah that should have been a major false idea right at its start.

When a system of hateful of GOD , asks us to mark what is GODS .............and ONLY GODS as we have been bought and our body is not even our own.
THAT alone should sound out warning bells.   

So in that case are tattoos the mark of the beast? Of course they are not. My point is that too may Christians are so worried about the details and trying to figure them all out instead of just trusting in a God who knows what will happen and how it will happen. And that same God who is in control also will protect you and I (that again is dependent upon who our faith and trust is in) from obtaining that mark. Jesus in Matthew 24:24 said "For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect." Again my thoughts which are probably more opinion. 

I don't spend a whole lot of time trying to figure revelation out. I just spend time learning about the God who has it all under control. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jaydog1976 said:

So in that case are tattoos the mark of the beast? Of course they are not. My point is that too may Christians are so worried about the details and trying to figure them all out instead of just trusting in a God who knows what will happen and how it will happen. And that same God who is in control also will protect you and I (that again is dependent upon who our faith and trust is in) from obtaining that mark. Jesus in Matthew 24:24 said "For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect." Again my thoughts which are probably more opinion. 

I don't spend a whole lot of time trying to figure revelation out. I just spend time learning about the God who has it all under control. :)

while we ought not tattaoe Gods temple.  how long have they been around and few like me who don't have one , CAN STILL BUY and SELL.   that Is THE KEY that shows what the mark of the beast will be.  Somethng in GODS TEMPLE and something you cant BUY or sell lest you have .    Good we had this talk eh.    that is why credit cards and phones

are ruled out ,  and tattoes too , ITS WHEN its not only IN OR ON THE SKIN but also TIED INTO BUYING AND SELLING .  rfid tech IS THIS .  it has BOTH componentes

AND it is a sin to tie our temple into SUCH a wicked system.  THIS IS IT or like tech anyway.  DO NOT , DO NOT mark , do not render unto ceasar that which is GODS ALONE

we can render to ceasar that which is his and we render to GOD that which is his........BUT Never , no not ever , render to ceasar THAT which is GODS ONLY

and our body IS HIS TEMPLE , not mans .   THIS IS IT.  now don't be scared,  I know its coming and I have no fear.  Don't be scared.  say it with me

NO FEAR of man.    ONLY fear HE who can destroy both body and soul in hellfire .  DO NOT give unto ceasar that which is GODS.   I warned you enough about it , let it sink in .