God

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Why does this apparently loving Christian god allow such pain and suffering? My father has suffered from a horrible debilitating chronic illness for 20 years so I became independent and mature at a young age. I am in college now and have yet to hear a sufficient answer to my question. Countless people die everyday from starvation and illness where is god to be found during their time of need? Why would some omniscient being create us even though he knew we would rebel and sin because he apparently is supposed to know everything. Does this Christian god enjoy watching his own creation suffer and try and cope with the daily hardships of life? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

You have asked more than one question, so I will split your post and try to give an answer for each.

11 hours ago, TruthSeeker199 said:

Why does this apparently loving Christian god allow such pain and suffering?

Looking at this question through the eyes of the world can only enforce an idea that God does not care.  Looking through scripture we can see that out of every trial and tribulation there is a great lesson, not only for the one going through the tough times themselves, but for those who are in their pain and those who are watching from a distance.  Each trial creates it's own lesson.  The question I pose is Are you looking for a lesson that will bring you closer to God or only for relief?  I have watched while my older family members have died, all for different reasons.  We all will die.  We may also live through life with certain ailments.  I know I have some myself, but I don't seek to have them removed.  Instead, I use these so I can relate to others who are walking the same path so I can stand beside them and encourage them to continue and to allow Christ to work through me, supplying the others with something He knows they need.

Countless people die everyday from starvation and illness where is god to be found during their time of need?

Where is God?  Trying to get the attention of those who are His to help those in need.  There will always be the poor and sick.  What needs to be asked is where are His servants and what are they doing to help their neighbor?

Why would some omniscient being create us even though he knew we would rebel and sin because he apparently is supposed to know everything.

God is looking for those who know true love.  Yes, He can look down through time and know who will love Him.  He also can look down through time and see some come to Him through the hate of others.  I believe what God is looking for is a true relationship with Him in love, not because He forced them to.

Does this Christian god enjoy watching his own creation suffer and try and cope with the daily hardships of life? 

I assume you think God is sitting there enjoying watching people reject Him and His ways?  God has given us a free will to chose who we will follow and what we will do.  He is not a puppet sitting in heaven pulling strings as true love is not demanding.  You can read this in 1 Corinthians 13

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings TruthSeeker

Welcome to Worthy......what would be a sufficient answer ,someone who agrees with you that this God enjoys watching His creation suffer and endure hardship?I mean no disrespect but it seems to me that you have your own ideas and opinions already formed ......I do hope you are earnestly seeking the Truth with an open heart .Jesus is the Way,the TRUTH & the Life

The Truth is that God created man in His Own Image,He Provided them with everything they would ever need or desire and wanted only to Love them & have a Relationship with them....but He did not force Himself on them,it was & is up to each of us to choose Him or to reject Him......Yes,He did know what that choice would be & so before they even made that choice to rebel He Prepared a Plan of Salvation for them,for all of us....again,it is our choice    He Himself would do what we are not capable of doing,He Would take our place ,take our sin upon His Own sinless body ......By accepting Him we are guaranteed Eternal Life with Him,Jesus is the ONLY Way to our Father

I don't know if you have ever read the Bible but if you would read the Book of John you will see that from the very beginning He first Loved us......God does not get any enjoyment out of watching suffering or bad things happening to anyone of us,He created this earth for us and gave us dominion over it,we are supposed to take care of it & take care of one another   He did not make anything that would hurt or harm us,pollution,pesticides,toxins....we introduced all these things into our environment and decided to play God,man always seems to think he can do a much better job & look where it has gotten us.....

I'm sorry your dad is not well ,I only hope that He knows Jesus.....this life here on earth is but a moment in time ,a little trial run and the chance to make that one decision that will last for all eternity......God Loves you,me,your Dad.....He desires that none of us should perish but have everlasting Life    I could never be able to tell you WHY He Allows this one to suffer or that one to suffer or for entire tribes of people to starve nor can I tell you how anyone can sit by and ignore it without trying to help,I do believe that everything He does Allow can be an opportunity to draw man unto Himself......I've had my own share of hardship and health issues,they only brought me closer to Him & He stood by me all the while giving me the Strength to endure,His Peace & Comfort far beyond my wildest dreams and certainly not by my own abilities ......

https://www.attitudeisaltitude.com/speaker/nick-vujicic/

Circumstance droesn't have to determine your life......God Loves you,Praise Jesus!                                 With love-in Christ,Kwik