Giller

The three ribs

Dan 7:5
(5)  And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

bear rib.png

Now it is evident, that this bear is devouring these 3 ribs, for it is in between it's teeth.

And here is a good comment on who the three ribs are:

(Jimmy Swaggart)

(...The "three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth" refer to the bear devouring much flesh. It symbolized the conquest of Babylon, Lydia, and Egypt. )

Now I would agree with this interpretation, but what I do not understand is this, it says "they" said unto it (the bear), arise, devour much flesh.

The only they, that I see here is the three ribs, why would the three ribs say devour much flesh to the bear, if they are being devoured by the bear?

Is there historical facts of  Egypt, Lydia, and Babylon taunting or mocking the Persians, and thought that they could not take them?

So they would dare them to take them over?

Or is it said from another stand point?

I know that some will say that the ribs do not mean that, and if you want to say your view that is up to you, but I would like to hear from someone who sees the ribs as that, and can give an answer to this question.

Thanks.

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:46 AM, Giller said:

(5)  And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

Hi Giller,

The Bear is the Russian Federation, and the 3 ribs God`s word tells us are 3 nations outside of it - Persia (Iran), Ethiopia and Libya. (Ez. 38: 5)

`Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya are with them,...` (Ez. 38: 5)  

Now which nations are gathering on Israel`s border even now? Yes, Russia and Iran, (Persia). And who are they `friendly` with? Yes, Ethiopia and Libya. Mmmmm something to watch.

BTW don`t get lost in the past,  (old empires) but look at what is happening right in front of our eyes!!!!!

Also the `they` are the 4 spirits of heaven, Dan. 7: 2) (note: wind & spirit are the same word in Hebrew.)

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 3

The 3 ribs prophecy is about the Persian empire of the past and has nothing to do with the prophetic future

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

The 3 ribs prophecy is about the Persian empire of the past and has nothing to do with the prophetic future

Well, we are not so sure of the way the Lord does stuff sometimes. There are often hidden 'shadows' and 'likenesses' that may indeed speak of the past (for those contemporaries) and also the future for generations to come.

God has an amazing knack for showing us things, so keeping an open mind is probably beneficial.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Also the `they` are the 4 spirits of heaven, Dan. 7: 2) (note: wind & spirit are the same word in Hebrew.)

I find that interesting about the "they" , something to look into, just want to be sure, so the "they" potentially could be the 4 spirits of heaven, or even still be the 3 ribs.

I will have to pray about it, and reread it carefully.

Thanks for sharing Marilyn.

Edited by Giller

On 10/30/2017 at 4:46 AM, Giller said:

bear rib.png

Now it is evident, that this bear is devouring these 3 ribs, for it is in between it's teeth.

And here is a good comment on who the three ribs are:

(Jimmy Swaggart)

(...The "three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth" refer to the bear devouring much flesh. It symbolized the conquest of Babylon, Lydia, and Egypt. )

Now I would agree with this interpretation, but what I do not understand is this, it says "they" said unto it (the bear), arise, devour much flesh.

The only they, that I see here is the three ribs, why would the three ribs say devour much flesh to the bear, if they are being devoured by the bear?

Is there historical facts of  Egypt, Lydia, and Babylon taunting or mocking the Persians, and thought that they could not take them?

So they would dare them to take them over?

Or is it said from another stand point?

I know that some will say that the ribs do not mean that, and if you want to say your view that is up to you, but I would like to hear from someone who sees the ribs as that, and can give an answer to this question.

Thanks.

Hi Giller

The interpretation is here;

The interpretation of the Bear.

Daniel 11:2   And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia.

The Bear is the 4th King of Persia.  The 3 ribs in his mouth is the 3 kings of Persia before him.  The bear is raised up on his side because he gained his kingdom through inheritance,...was born into it.

Daniel 11:3   And a mighty king shall stand up, that shall rule with great dominion, and do according to his will.

Alexander is that mighty king who will stand up and conquer this 4th king of Persia which is joined to the Medes. 

Therefore this 4th king of Persia is one of the horns of the ram with 2 horns. (Medo & Persia)  He is the higher horn that came up last. (Dan 8:3)

Alexander is the he goat.

Daniel 11:4   And when he shall stand up, his kingdom shall be broken, and shall be divided toward the four winds of heaven; and not to his posterity, nor according to his dominion which he ruled: for his kingdom shall be plucked up, even for others beside those.

Alexander's kingdom divided between his four generals.

See the pattern?, the four beasts all came directly after Babylon, and the interpretation is true.  That pattern can not be broken.

Once we understand this and have the foundation of who these beasts symbolised in the past, we can identify what parts fit where from the description of the beast in Rev 13, and from there attempt to understand with the precept already given from the symbolic definitions given in Daniel, and not from outside where there is confusion.

Revelation 13:2   And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

God bless

Four beasts in Daniel 7 represent four different time frames in recent China history, after Reform and Opening Up policy has been implemented. Each time frames represent one president.

The second beast represent Hu JinTao. Three ribs are Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau. During Hu JinTao's administration, the economy of China experiences rapid growth with big portions of trade surplus with the United States (Revelation 17:16) and many other nations. That is the meaning of "Get up and eat your fill of flesh!".

The third beast is the present Chinese president Xi JinPing, during his administration Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau will be reunited with the Mainland China.

The fourth beast is the next president after Xi JinPing, he will unite with nine other nations (included Russia) and will devour the whole earth. This Ten Nations allies very likely is the "BRICS+".

On 10/31/2017 at 1:45 AM, Marilyn C said:

Also the `they` are the 4 spirits of heaven, Dan. 7: 2) 

As I think upon this more and more, it seems more feasible that the "they" that says to the beast, to devour much flesh, would be referring to the 4 winds, for it is the ribs that are being devoured.

God bless Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Giller said:

As I think upon this more and more, it seems more feasible that the "they" that says to the beast, to devour much flesh, would be referring to the 4 winds, for it is the ribs that are being devoured.

God bless Marilyn.

Hi Giller,

Great. Now these `4 spirits of heaven` are the same, I believe, as the ones in Zechariah -

`What are these (4 chariots), my lord? And the angel answered and said to me, "These are four spirits of heaven who go out from their station before the Lord of all the earth." (Zech. 6: 4 & 5)

In Zechariah we see that these 4 spirits of heaven are going out in judgment (chariots represent judgment) upon the 4 great powers of the earth. Then in Daniel we again see these 4 spirits of heaven who are shown stirring up these 4 great powers of the earth.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Giller,

Great. Now these `4 spirits of heaven` are the same, I believe, as the ones in Zechariah -

`What are these (4 chariots), my lord? And the angel answered and said to me, "These are four spirits of heaven who go out from their station before the Lord of all the earth." (Zech. 6: 4 & 5)

In Zechariah we see that these 4 spirits of heaven are going out in judgment (chariots represent judgment) upon the 4 great powers of the earth. Then in Daniel we again see these 4 spirits of heaven who are shown stirring up these 4 great powers of the earth.

Marilyn.

Nice one, thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1