• Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

Oh my goodness!  Where did you live?  Chicago?  :o

No,it was  Greater Boston Area, Watertown and specifically Pisanoville. Same place the Boston Marathon bombers holed up so many decades later. It's a tough turf. When I was a "kid" there the State's governor Foster Furcolo called in the State militia with rifles and fixed bayonets at all the storefronts to impose a curfew and clear all  teens/young adults away from the area because no one dared walk the streets. He  held quite a few offices as a Demoncrat, and eventually had trouble due to much corruption in his administration though he personally never went to trail or jail.

It was one gang after another that each person had to watch out for and one township against another. My family moved from one ghetto area into another, that made me a target of most everyone at the new area.

Right after my family escaped to Disneyland ( lived almost  under the shadow of the giant mouse ears) we received a front page of the Boston Globe with pictures of fourteen gang members arrested for murdering a store clerk, pretty much just to be murdering someone. I got out of there at age fifteen. What a marvelous break for me! Praise God.

Gee that was almost sixty years ago. I did a google earth street view of the area a few years ago, what a terrible mess it is, even worse than when I was stuck there.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18

2 hours ago, secularhermit said:

Jesus said "a tree is known by its fruits" so, DEEDS counts and talked more than words and Jn 3:16 says something that "God so loved the world..." What kind of love could be ignoring or displeasing a loving God?

I think I heard His voice once (by 1988). For me it is hard to love (or understand) anything I cannot understand or use. My background to understanding this life is experience and I had a dad... If I can´t hear Him, these days, Im lost and I feel the same what I felt when I tried to open a bank account (today) and I was denied and despised (the 2nd time), So, I go back home to see my bananas and avocados growing and, if I dont die from starvation, I plan to build a new bathroom next to my bedroom, so my kids could use when I passed by.

Wow is all I can say, that  and sorry for the plight of you and your family and countrymen. I will make it  point to be praying for your family.

Please share as you have opportunity with all here so that we may  fellowship at least long distance and be part of  your experiance and you  mine and others here too.

• Followers:  18

Hi again, though  your opportunities to communicate may be few, they are impactful.

I will make it my own point to keep in mind the plight of you,  your family, and all of Venezuela, like I never would have done if you had not taken the opportunity to share here. I will share with others as we pray together. Many around me have far greater awareness of the plight and can help me be more specific in my own prayers. 

Thank you, do "write" when you can, giving updates and just sharing in fellowship here.!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/29/2017 at 5:42 PM, Sinbad said:

From I was 9 I wanted a guitar however family tradition my younger brother and myself were sent to our uncle William's house to learn the chanter (bag pipes) at age 12 I got a guitar and taught myself hoping one day to be a star ? nearly got there bit ended up training as a plumber and Heating engineer 

Um if it's approved, you can see I had similar dreams as you Sinbad

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/27/2017 at 10:19 PM, JohnD said:

Um if it's approved, you can see I had similar dreams as you Sinbad

Now that is really cool, John
When I was eight, I learned to play the radio.  In stereo even!!........
:cool:

• Thumbs Up 1