Sinbad

What we're your dreams and goals

13 hours ago, Neighbor said:

No,it was  Greater Boston Area, Watertown and specifically Pisanoville. Same place the Boston Marathon bombers holed up so many decades later. It's a tough turf. When I was a "kid" there the State's governor Foster Furcolo called in the State militia with rifles and fixed bayonets at all the storefronts to impose a curfew and clear all  teens/young adults away from the area because no one dared walk the streets. He  held quite a few offices as a Demoncrat, and eventually had trouble due to much corruption in his administration though he personally never went to trail or jail.

It was one gang after another that each person had to watch out for and one township against another. My family moved from one ghetto area into another, that made me a target of most everyone at the new area.

Right after my family escaped to Disneyland ( lived almost  under the shadow of the giant mouse ears) we received a front page of the Boston Globe with pictures of fourteen gang members arrested for murdering a store clerk, pretty much just to be murdering someone. I got out of there at age fifteen. What a marvelous break for me! Praise God.

Gee that was almost sixty years ago. I did a google earth street view of the area a few years ago, what a terrible mess it is, even worse than when I was stuck there.

Wow! God can get something good of our messy life. Im glad you outlived it!

• Praise God! 1

Hi again, though  your opportunities to communicate may be few, they are impactful.

I will make it my own point to keep in mind the plight of you,  your family, and all of Venezuela, like I never would have done if you had not taken the opportunity to share here. I will share with others as we pray together. Many around me have far greater awareness of the plight and can help me be more specific in my own prayers. 

Thank you, do "write" when you can, giving updates and just sharing in fellowship here.!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 22/11/2017 at 10:36 AM, Neighbor said:

Hi again, though  your opportunities to communicate may be few, they are impactful.

I will make it my own point to keep in mind the plight of you,  your family, and all of Venezuela, like I never would have done if you had not taken the opportunity to share here. I will share with others as we pray together. Many around me have far greater awareness of the plight and can help me be more specific in my own prayers. 

Thank you, do "write" when you can, giving updates and just sharing in fellowship here.!

Oh! Thank you! May those prayers and intentions be counted in heavens.

I hope that no place or ppl on earth underwent what we Venezuelans are experiencing. Communism is the ugliest thing I have seen and witnessed and it serves to show what we have kept concealed in the sinful heart. 

To thank Sinbad and Neighbor (and all who any day approached to this forum on dreams)

Just to keep the record that the thread is challenging me to uplift a new and kind dream to hang around... Few days back, before the bank discouraged me to open an account, I met a young man on the subway who said these words I type "there should be more ppl like you here..."

That was a compliment I don´t deserve. Perhaps he saw the kindness I seldom have (which is Christ's) and I interacted with him to let him know many persons are discouraged and pulled back by wrong attitudes and misbehaviours that surrounds and, probably those words he said were raised the moment I shared few thoughts with a woman who smiled at me inside the subway. I wasn´t aware I was observed by him! (and many others I probably ignored) and, as another woman I met on the subway yesterday said (quoting Jesus´) "from the abundance of the heart a mouth talks"... Dreams are set aside when ppl feel surrounded by evil weeds, wrong prejudices, wicked attitudes... I wish Christians were blessed with the fulfilment of those words of Isaiah´s where God Almighty promised His words will be set in our minds and hearts. So I will be acting coherently, both with my mind and heart, to be the one He (Yahweh) probably meant I would be.