MyLordsServant

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Casting out devils is a gift of the Holy Spirit. Referring to the verse, if they could cast out demons, how did the Lord never know them?

They can't be possessed by an evil spirit: "If Satan is divided against himself, how can his kingdom stand?"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

56 minutes ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Casting out devils is a gift of the Holy Spirit. Referring to the verse, if they could cast out demons, how did the Lord never know them?

They can't be possessed by an evil spirit: "If Satan is divided against himself, how can his kingdom stand?"

They believe in a counterfeit jesus.

God may honor the name of Christ in their casting out of demons regardless of their lack of faith in the genuine Jesus.

~ OR ~

They may just be lying about casting out the demons or even self deceived that they did so.

Some denominations see demons behind every rock (sometimes it's just a cold or the flu).

They "bind satan this" and the "cast out satan that" doesn't mean they actually are.

Often they go off praising Jesus and ranting in what they claim is tongues.

Saw it for myself in a UPC (Oneness Pentecostal) who don't believe in the triune nature of God. Weekly they performed it almost on cue. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

people who think they aeecsaved but never were

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,357
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

The purpose of the Gospel is that we be personally reconciled to God. Salvation restores our proper place of fellowship under God's benevolent authority - as Adam walked in fellowship with God before the fall.

Matt 7:21-23 describes people who think salvation means entering into a religious system. They follow some set of rules rather than hearing the voice of the Holy Spirit for themselves and doing "the will of My Father in heaven". They follow religious formulas they think will make them worthy before God, rather than getting to know God for themselves. They did what they thought was righteous, rather than seeking God and waiting on Him for His instruction. If they knew God, they would know that their works/ministry (i.e. prophesying, casting out demons, performing miracles etc.) have no bearing on their salvation, and are of secondary importance to the grace offered through fellowship with God.

This also speaks to the danger of reliance on miracles as a sign of God's favor. Jesus characterised judging the legitimacy of a ministry by signs as "wicked" (Matt 16:4). The Apostle Paul states that "The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved." (2 Thess 2:9-10).

Notice Jesus' criticism; "I never knew you". They were not in fellowship with Christ. They had ignored what should have been their first love. They had not attained salvation and therefore remained accountable for their sins -  i.e. "depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness" (unlike Christians, they had not been redeemed from the condemnation of the Law).

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

21 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

It will be supernatural , and it will be of a "spirit " , just not the Holy one .

There is actually biblical precedent for this happening on several occasions ,  one of the first is when Aaron's rod became a snake before Pharaoh By God's power and then : 

" ....and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh ,and before his servants , and it became a serpent .

Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers , now the magicians of Egypt , THEY ALSO DID IN LIKE MANNER WITH THEIR ENCHANTMENTS.

For they cast down every man his rod and they became serpents but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods . "        

( Exodus 7: 10 - 12 )

Two identical supernatural demonstrations , but one of them demonic .

It is a given that the  " casting out " described will be another satanic dog and pony show in which casting out is more of a demonic group effort than anything else .

What you need to understand is that Satan does not have a original bone in his body , we are even told in scripture that his " man of sin " who will befriend Israel , will

even go so far as duplicating  the resurrection. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

1 hour ago, Unfailing Presence said:

It will be supernatural , and it will be of a "spirit " , just not the Holy one .

That goes against what Jesus says. That evil can't divide against itself. Meaning devils can't cast out other devils in the name of Jesus. Which is in the quote. "in thy name have cast out devils".

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

22 hours ago, JohnD said:

They believe in a counterfeit jesus.

God may honor the name of Christ in their casting out of demons regardless of their lack of faith in the genuine Jesus.

~ OR ~

They may just be lying about casting out the demons or even self deceived that they did so.

Some denominations see demons behind every rock (sometimes it's just a cold or the flu).

They "bind satan this" and the "cast out satan that" doesn't mean they actually are.

Often they go off praising Jesus and ranting in what they claim is tongues.

Saw it for myself in a UPC (Oneness Pentecostal) who don't believe in the triune nature of God. Weekly they performed it almost on cue. 

Here lets let the apostle paul make something clear.  I know this is going to scare some.  Well good put the fear of GOD in them and may they repent.

First lets finish what JESUS said...........I NEVER KNEW YOU , you who worked I    N    I    Q    U   I  T    Y.

now lets let pual have a word.    I keep my body under subjection , bring it under subjection , LEST even after I preached the gospel to all the world, I BE CAST OUT.

SIN IS REAL AND IT NEEDS TO CEASE.    NO more working inquity or see perdition only .    Paul preached the gospel to way many peoples

SAVE SOME WITH FEAR,     PUT the fear of GOD , hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

CHURCH wake UP.    JESUS is not the minisitir of SIN,  if we build again those things which once we destroyed.........WE,  WE , MAKE ourselves trangressors.

LET IT SINK IN DEEP.  OH, be encouraged John.    Praise the LORD too.   but this needs and needed to get said.

JESUS Did NOT come a light into the world so we would STAY IN SIN and DARKNESS , HE came to set us FREE FROM IT the power of it .

FOLLW The spirit and you WILL NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh.    Be blessed now.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

9 minutes ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

That goes against what Jesus says. That evil can't divide against itself. Meaning devils can't cast out other devils in the name of Jesus. Which is in the quote. "in thy name have cast out devils".

By demonic dog and pony show I mean that the demonic spiritualist will be less than  honest when they say they have " cast out " what is essentially their own spiritual brethren .

The demon has just gone for a stroll .

Imagine that , a servant of Satan being less than honest . 

Much like a magician and his " assistant "  working together to the same ends .

To fool people . 

Sure they may give the poor soul a momentary reprieve from the spiritual assault  in pursuit of show business & the greater satanic agenda , but the final estate of the poor soul will worse than before .

Jesus did provide the detailed spiritual dynamics by which this claim will be made by these satanically possessed bad actors in another passage of scripture .

To use today's vernacular it will be satanic " collusion "   involving the on again , off again  possession of a person which  involves no demonic surrender or relinquishing of property rights  at all :

" When an unclean spirit is GONE OUT of a man , he walketh through dry places seeking rest and finding none .

Then he saith , I WILL RETURN INTO MY HOUSE FROM WHENCE I CAME OUT , and when he is come he findeth it empty 

swept and garnished .

Then goeth he , and taketh with himself SEVEN OTHER SPIRITS MORE WICKED THAN HIMSELF , AND THEY ENTER IN AND DWELL THERE

and the last estate of that man is worse than the first . " 

( Matthew 12 : 43-45 ) 

Of course the difference being when the Son of the living God casts out a demon the terror felt by the demons is absolutely palpable  , as when they were about to be 

cast out by Jesus they spoke of the " torment " they felt at the mere presence and power of the Son of glory and begged to be cast into a herd of swine , which then ran 

headlong down a hill into the water and drowned themselves :

" And all the devils besought Him saying , ' send us into the swine that we may enter into them ' ....and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the 

sea , they were about two thousand , and were choked in the sea ."  

( Mark 5 : 11-15 ).

No demons GOING OUT  for a stroll only to return with a few buddies when He who is the living condensation of divine grace,  power  & love is doing the " casting " .

So horrific and dramatic was this casting out by Jesus that the townspeople urged Him to leave as soon as possible .

Now that's  " casting out " .

You see a demonic fraud   can never say as my Lord says :

" If the Son therefore shall make you free , ye shall be free indeed "

( John 8 : 36 )

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

7 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

You are right; that is an important distinction. These people relied on Jesus to cast out demons and perform miracles. Mark 16:17 says those are marks of believers. I think they must have followed Jesus initially but later went astray and practised iniquity instead. So Jesus will deny knowing them as he said he would in Matt 10:33.

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

That's what they claim they did.  There are all kinds of lying signs and wonders, supernatural events that are completely fake.  Most of what is going on "in the name of Jesus" today in those "demonic deliverance" services by people like Benny Hinn, are completely fraudulent.