AlexDofTX

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I am not a Lutheran, but I thank God that Lutherans still remember Reformation Day.

I find everything about Halloween repugnant and repulsive.  It grieves me to see the celebration of demons and death. Why should children be taught to beg as a good thing? Or expect treats when they do nothing more than dress up as ghosts.

Nor do I care for many Protestant alternatives with their Fall Festivals which is no better than Earth Worship, or the earth goddess Gaia?

But Reformation Day is something all Protestants should celebrate.  On October 31st, 1517 Martin Luther nailed his 95 Thesis denouncing the papal sale of indulgences which sparked the Protestant Reformation by which millions of Europeans found the new birth, and the seed was laid for a new country built upon biblical principles AKA the United States.

Thank you Lutherans for keeping this true holy-day alive.  Since this is the 500th anniversary, perhaps some element of the Gematria might occur.  The number 5 is the number of grace and the number 10 is the number of divine perfection.  Perhaps a multiplication of 100 will be significant.

• Thumbs Up 3