• Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,111
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 11/26/2017 at 7:51 AM, Diaste said:

Seleucus was the King of the North:

Dan. 11:5 “Also the king of the South [Ptolemy I Soter] shall become strong, as well as one of his princes [Seleucus I Nicator]; and he [Seleucus I] shall gain power over him and have dominion. His dominion shall be a great dominion.

Yes, but the context is all four kings, not just two. I'm not convinced your belief along with a verse in which you inserted personal interpretation is a strong conclusion.  While Seleucus ruled in Syria, with his capitol as Babylon, to the east of Israel, Antigonus ruled farther north in Asia Minor, making him the king of the north. The above does not prove the Seleucid kingdom is the king of the north...

The whole history of these two kingdoms, that of the Ptolemies and the Seleucids, are well-documented. Many sources of biblical history will provide all the details. After the division of Alexander's kingdom, only these two kingdoms became relevant to the Daniel 11 narrative, because they were the only ones directly involved in the history of Daniel's people.

The quote, "because they were the only ones directly involved in the history of Daniel's people." is a false premise.

"The whole history of these two kingdoms, that of the Ptolemies and the Seleucids, are well-documented."

The entire account of Daniel 11 from verse 5 up through the description of the reign of Antiochus IV, which begins at verse 21, extremely accurately describes the interactions of the Ptolemy and Seleucid kingdoms. Period. There is no mistake, anyone can check it out if they care to consult the sources. Obviously you do not.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

"The whole history of these two kingdoms, that of the Ptolemies and the Seleucids, are well-documented."

The entire account of Daniel 11 from verse 5 up through the description of the reign of Antiochus IV, which begins at verse 21, extremely accurately describes the interactions of the Ptolemy and Seleucid kingdoms. Period. There is no mistake, anyone can check it out if they care to consult the sources. Obviously you do not.

On the contrary, I have indeed read a great deal about this time in history. I'm currently reviewing some lectures about the successors.

The skinny is lysimachus wanted to consolidate but Ptolemy and Seleucus wanted none of it. Seleucus was getting a whupping and had to abandon Babylon and seek refuge in Egypt. The ptolemies fought back and won taking a bunch land from lysimachus. Seleucus then went back to Babylon. I read once where Cassander sent ships against either Egypt or Seleucus. I'm hoping to hear a bit about this in the lectures.

As an aside we have the very scenario as prophesied in ancient times. The revival of a power in Mesopotamia and both turkey and Egypt opposed to that power. The north and the South fighting against the middle kingdom, just as Daniel recorded. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  241
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/31/2017 at 11:24 AM, Dennis1209 said:

No one knows the day nor the hour of our catching away. To keep my comments as brief as possible I'm omitting supporting scripture.

The Lord could have come for his church at anytime from the day of His ascension, and there are no preconditions or prophecy that needs to be fulfilled. With that factual statement, and a pretribulational Rapture viewpoint, I'd like to discuss your eschatology. 

I suspect it's entirely possible true believers might witness the destruction of Damascus, Syria, the destruction of Elam, the Ezekiel 38: 39: invasion, one of them, some of them, or all of them before our catching away. With my pretribulational view, born again believers are not appointed to the wrath of God, contrary to some opinions, is the entire seven weeks of Jacobs trouble, the seven year tribulation. So, sometime prior to the seven year tribulation having the P.T. viewpoint, born again believers (the church) is out of here.

I think you have done an excellent job of setting it forth.   As to what is next, you have chosen the 3 events that I think could happen, no idea of what order or if it will be after we are gone.   I had thought of Russia wanting a seaport, but your idea about them wanting the food production, and the symbol is good.  

Edited by Mary8
to cut the quote size