• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/03/1959

1 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature F7 and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.

Is this a stern word, which perhaps is timely?

Thoughts?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hi Robaston. Welcome to Worthyboards. :laugh:

I think this piece of Scripture is simply a reminder to believers of their total 'lostness' and 'depravity' before they came to a saving knowledge of the L-rd Jesus. All of us without exception have a past that we can remember when we walked and followed our own desires and did whatever we pleased because we were governed/ruled/directed by our sinful nature...in fact it was impossible not to act according to our 'natural sinful nature.'

But all of us who love the Messiah also have a testimony of when G-d intervened in our lives and gave us the opportunity to cry out to Him and be saved and filled with the Holy Ghost so that no longer are we slaves to our 'sin nature'...but rather we are in bondage to the Messiah and are now slaves to righteousness.

Bob Dylan for a short period in his life had a time where he experienced what it is to be 'born again' and he wrote some great songs...among them is one that is called 'You gotta serve somebody'...and the fact is all of us have the choice to serve either G-d or the Devil...the difference is that a Christian knows who they are serving...but an Unbeliever will often not realize they are serving the Devil and living according to the wisdom of the world...just think back on your own life.

The passage in Ephesians has a context and does not really stand on its own...but it is always good to reflect on how great a salvation G-d has wrought for us through our Saviour the L-rd Jesus.

Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

Col 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Col 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Once again good to see you here...hope you enjoy it.

In Messiah. Botz.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Scripture is always timely as it's the Living Word of God.

I think it is sometimes easy for those of us who are Christian to forget that we also were following the world... believing the father of lies... dead in our sin... difference is, we (Christians) met Christ at the cross and found the Way, the Truth and the Life. In God's eyes we were no better or worse than any other sinner... but now our sins are paid for... we are debt-free... so now He sees us as reconciled... blameless and beyond reproach. It's imperative to pray for those who are in the position we were in.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/03/1959

Hi Robaston.  Welcome to Worthyboards.  :whistling:

I think this piece of Scripture is simply a reminder to believers of their total 'lostness' and 'depravity' before they came to a saving knowledge of the L-rd Jesus.  All of us without exception have a past that we can remember when we walked and followed our own desires and did whatever we pleased because we were governed/ruled/directed by our sinful nature...in fact it was impossible not to act according to our 'natural sinful nature.'

But all of us who love the Messiah also have a testimony of when G-d intervened in our lives and gave us the opportunity to cry out to Him and be saved and filled with the Holy Ghost so that no longer are we slaves to our 'sin nature'...but rather we are in bondage to the Messiah and are now slaves to righteousness.

Bob Dylan for a short period in his life had a time where he experienced what it is to be 'born again' and he wrote some great songs...among them is one that is called 'You gotta serve somebody'...and the fact is all of us have the choice to serve either G-d or the Devil...the difference is that a Christian knows who they are serving...but an Unbeliever will often not realize they are serving the Devil and living according to the wisdom of the world...just think back on your own life.

The passage in Ephesians has a context and does not really stand on its own...but it is always good to reflect on how great a salvation G-d has wrought for us through our Saviour the L-rd Jesus.

Colossians 1:9  For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

Col 1:10  That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Col 1:11  Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

Col 1:12  Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Col 1:13  Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Col 1:14  In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Once again good to see you here...hope you enjoy it.

In Messiah.  Botz.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Than u very very much!! what do u think of saying G-d rather than God ?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I think we need a pinned topic on why some folks write "G-d."

Oy!

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Neb...

I think we need a pinned topic on why some folks write "G-d."

Sounds good to me Neb. :wub:

................................................................................

Robaston...

Than u very very much!! what do u think of saying G-d rather than God ?

Doesn't bother me either way. :wub:

I have used this form for many years...ostensibly because I have been in Messianic congregations and also have various Jewish friends etc etc...they do it out of respect for the name of G-d. Rather than keep switching when I am writing...I just stick with this.

In Messiah. Botz.