warrior12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

What does Paul mean by saying that the law is spiritual ?.   Also in your own words, how would you summarize Romans 7   to  mean in a few words or sentences.

Romans 7 King James Version (KJV)

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, warrior12 said:

What does Paul mean by saying that the law is spiritual ?.   Also in your own words, how would you summarize Romans 7   to  mean in a few words or sentences.

For even the HOLY GHOST is witness to US

for it is written in those days will I write my law upon their hearts and in their minds.

THE HOLY SPIRIT has the law on our heart.  to live , to simply live it.    OH YEAH SING IT

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

19 hours ago, warrior12 said:

the human and other (be)souled beings are a kind of puppets, while the gods are a kind of puppeteers - from this perspective many people born in this world have been (in a way or another) enslaved by sin since the day of the Fall, given that the biblical word "sin" is just one of the names of the devil (in Scripture there is speech of a true God and wicked/evil one; the true God is the Heavenly Father as well as His Son, while the wicked/evil one is satan as well as the "beast"); so the true One is a Spirit, but the wicked/evil one is also a spirit; the kingdom of the true One is Spiritual at its core, but the kingdom of the wicked/evil one is also spiritual (at least at its core); the law of the true God and His kingdom is spiritual, but the law of the wicked/evil one is also spiritual (at least at its core); and the human and other (be)souled beings are between those two realms (the realm of the true God and the realm of the wicked/evil one) - may the true One not allow souls to be puppets in the hands of the wicked/evil puppeteer, but it is a fact that many people born in this world have been (in a way or another) enslaved by sin, because this world has been ruled by demons, for there has been (great) spiritual lawlessness/wickedness committed by many unrighteous/wicked spiritual servants/workers...

Blessings

Here is the writing of the noted christian author ANDREW MURRAY from his book titled  "The New Life".  I agree with this chapter.

http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/murray/5f00.0571/5f00.0571.25.htm

Chapter 25

Flesh and Spirit

"And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ" I Corinthians 3:1.

"I am carnal, sold unto sin: to will is present with me, but to perform that which is good I find not. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you" Romans 7:14,18; 8:2,9.

"Having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? If ye be led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit" Galatians 3:3; 5:18,25.

It is of great importance for the young Christian to understand that within him there are two natures which strive against one another.1 If we study the texts noted above, we will see that the Word of God teaches us the following truths on this point.

Sin comes from the flesh. The reason why the Christian still sins is that he yields to the flesh and does not walk by the Spirit. Every Christian has the Spirit and lives by the Spirit, but every Christian does not walk by the Spirit. If he walks by the Spirit, he will not fulfil the desires of the flesh.2

So long as there are strife and envy in the Christian, the Word of God calls him carnal. He would like to do good, but he cannot. He does what he should not, because he still strives in his own strength and not in the power of the Spirit.3

The flesh remains under the law and seeks to obey the law. But through the flesh the law is powerless, and the endeavour to do good is vain. Its language is, "I am carnal, sold under sin: to will is present with me, but to perform that which is good is not."4

This is not the condition in which God would have his child remain. The Word says, "It is God which worketh in you, both to will and to do of His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13). The Christian must not only live by the Spirit, but also walk by the Spirit. He must be a spiritual man, and live entirely under the leading of the Spirit.5 If he walks in this way, he will no longer do what he should not. He will no longer be as in Romans 7--a newborn babe seeking to fulfil the law. But, as in Romans 8, the Spirit will set him free from the law which gives no power but brings death, and he will no longer walk in the oldness of the letter but, rather, in the newness of the Spirit.6

There are Christians who begin with the Spirit, but end with the flesh. They are converted, born again through the Spirit, but fall unconsciously into a life in which they endeavour to overcome sin and be holy through their own exertion--through doing their best. They ask God to help them in these endeavours and think that this is faith. They do not understand what it means to say, "In me, that is, in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing" (Romans 7:18). They do not know that they are to cease from their own endeavours so that they may do God's will, wholly and only through the Spirit.7

Child of God, please learn what it means to say to yourself just as you are, even after the new birth--"I am carnal, sold under sin." No longer strive to do your best under your own strength, merely asking God to help you in your endeavours. No, learn to say, "The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." Every day, let your goal be to have the Spirit work in you. Walk by the Spirit, and you will be redeemed from the life of complaining about your inability to do good into a life of faith, in which it is God who works in you both to will and to do (Philippians 2:13).

Lord God, teach me to acknowledge with all my heart that in me, that is, in my flesh, there dwells nothing good. Teach me also to cease from every thought, as if I could with m

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

23 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Here is the writing of the noted christian author ANDREW MURRAY from his book titled  "The New Life".  I agree with this chapter.

http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/murray/5f00.0571/5f00.0571.25.htm

Chapter 25

Flesh and Spirit

"And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ" I Corinthians 3:1.

"I am carnal, sold unto sin: to will is present with me, but to perform that which is good I find not. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you" Romans 7:14,18; 8:2,9.

"Having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? If ye be led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit" Galatians 3:3; 5:18,25.

It is of great importance for the young Christian to understand that within him there are two natures which strive against one another.1 If we study the texts noted above, we will see that the Word of God teaches us the following truths on this point.

Sin comes from the flesh. The reason why the Christian still sins is that he yields to the flesh and does not walk by the Spirit. Every Christian has the Spirit and lives by the Spirit, but every Christian does not walk by the Spirit. If he walks by the Spirit, he will not fulfil the desires of the flesh.2

So long as there are strife and envy in the Christian, the Word of God calls him carnal. He would like to do good, but he cannot. He does what he should not, because he still strives in his own strength and not in the power of the Spirit.3

The flesh remains under the law and seeks to obey the law. But through the flesh the law is powerless, and the endeavour to do good is vain. Its language is, "I am carnal, sold under sin: to will is present with me, but to perform that which is good is not."4

This is not the condition in which God would have his child remain. The Word says, "It is God which worketh in you, both to will and to do of His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13). The Christian must not only live by the Spirit, but also walk by the Spirit. He must be a spiritual man, and live entirely under the leading of the Spirit.5 If he walks in this way, he will no longer do what he should not. He will no longer be as in Romans 7--a newborn babe seeking to fulfil the law. But, as in Romans 8, the Spirit will set him free from the law which gives no power but brings death, and he will no longer walk in the oldness of the letter but, rather, in the newness of the Spirit.6

There are Christians who begin with the Spirit, but end with the flesh. They are converted, born again through the Spirit, but fall unconsciously into a life in which they endeavour to overcome sin and be holy through their own exertion--through doing their best. They ask God to help them in these endeavours and think that this is faith. They do not understand what it means to say, "In me, that is, in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing" (Romans 7:18). They do not know that they are to cease from their own endeavours so that they may do God's will, wholly and only through the Spirit.7

Child of God, please learn what it means to say to yourself just as you are, even after the new birth--"I am carnal, sold under sin." No longer strive to do your best under your own strength, merely asking God to help you in your endeavours. No, learn to say, "The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." Every day, let your goal be to have the Spirit work in you. Walk by the Spirit, and you will be redeemed from the life of complaining about your inability to do good into a life of faith, in which it is God who works in you both to will and to do (Philippians 2:13).

Lord God, teach me to acknowledge with all my heart that in me, that is, in my flesh, there dwells nothing good. Teach me also to cease from every thought, as if I could with m

I am carnal, sold unto sin: to will is present with me, but to perform that which is good I find not. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. Ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you"    AND IF THE SPIRIT BE IN YOU, the body IS DEAD because of sin.   

Be blessed warrior .       IF any man has not the SPIRIT of CHRIST HE IS NONE OF HIS and IF the SPRIIT be IN YOU then the body Is dead because of sin.

Peter,   Christ bore our sins upon himself on the tree, that we being DEAD TO SIN , SHOULD LIVE LIVE LIVE unto righteousness.  

For the grace of GOD has appeared which brings salvation , TEACHING US to deny ungodliness and worldy lusts and to be walking soberly , Righteously and godly in this present world.

JESUS DID COME TO SET THE CAPTIVES FREE> FREE FROM THE POWER OF SIN .  for a man is servant to whom he obeys  .   Just some good iron sharpening time .

Romans 7:18-25.    Was Paul making this statement as a saved man or when he was in the carnal world. ?.    I have listened a few sermons where some have stated that he was not saved in reference to the scripture verses above.  What is your conclusion ?.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 11/1/2017 at 9:47 PM, warrior12 said:

The meaning is lost in english life and english language. (except Yahweh reveal, which is necessary anyway, also).

32 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Romans 7:18-25.    Was Paul making this statement as a saved man or when he was in the carnal world. ?.    I have listened a few sermons where some have stated that he was not saved in reference to the scripture verses above.  What is your conclusion ?.

ALL Scripture is Inpired (Breathed) by Yahweh, and Guarded by Him.  Again the meaning(s) are lost in english,  that become very clear upon Yahweh's opening the mind and also in the original language(s) when found / understood.

Romans 7 is truly a chapter that the Christian has to meditate upon as it can be misconstrued to mean different things, depending on how people interpret or see the context of it.   Here is a sermon i listened to this morning that i found to be inspiring, satisfying and edifying.

https://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=127091517121

• Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 11/7/2017 at 12:00 AM, warrior12 said:

saved

• Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

On 11/1/2017 at 10:47 PM, warrior12 said:

Here's how I see it:

Paul is struggling with sin in his life and describing where in his spiritual walk it is at work.

He knows in his soul what is the right thing to do ..... For I have the desire to do what is right....., but between knowing that and actually working that outwards and into the world his spirit gives into the physical (carnal) influence around him .For I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh. but I cannot carry it out.

Paul is making a distinction   As it is, I am no longer the one who is doing it, but it is the sin that is living in me. Rom 7:17,18

Paul is splitting between our spirit and our soul and that deep inside he knows what is right but because his spirit is corrupted by worldly (carnal) influences, he gives in to that and....sins.

I might add that 1Cor. 2:10-12 helps me to understand there is a difference between our soul and spirit as well as the difference between the Father and the Holy Spirit. In this we see there is a difference between our thoughts and our spirit. Gods thoughts and his Spirit.

When we receive Gods Spirit, we are then able to have new understanding, not just the worldly influence that unsaved people have but the additional Spirit of God partnering with us, in our spirit to help us make heavenly choices rather than worldly choices.

But alas, even this great preacher still struggled with sin. Fortunately, he gives us a clue as to where in our spiritual side the struggle is and what the answer to dealing with it is....Rom 7:24  What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is infected by death? 
Rom 7:25  Thank God through Jesus the Messiah, our Lord, because with my mind I myself can serve the Law of God, even while with my human nature I serve the law of sin. 
Coupled with the verses from 1Cor. I can see how Paul can keep going despite his sinning from time to time....he understands the weakness of the flesh and its influence on his spirit but, more importantly, he understands the transforming power of the Messiah.

Now some may disagree with me as to whether Paul is referring to his spirit or soul when he says  'As it is, I am no longer the one who is doing it," but he is making a distinction between the 2 and that there is a decision making process at work.

Edited by Mike 2
  • Thumbs Up 1