• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

What manner of living would that be..........      The manner according to what GOD deems is right .   That alone is how we walk by the POWER of HIS SPIRIT.

man can call whatever he wants good.  I REFUSE IT , if it is NOT what GOD calls good.     That should be simple enough. WELL IFWE LOVE HIM .   but if we don't ,

we wont and are not saved.

Yet we are told many times in this thread we need to base our actions on what man calls "evil", or at least what man says looks like evil.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

It's the subsequent revisions that make us appreciate the KJV given that the subsequent revisions don't even agree with each other.

I appreciate the KJV during an Anglican Christmas service in an English accent, or while listening to Handel's "Messiah," but if you want to understand scripture, use a version in contemporary English.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The Roman Church has 78.

The Eastern Church has 88.

The true Christian Church has 66.

And you can always tell a true Christian, but you can never tell him much.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

46 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

What manner of living would that be..........      The manner according to what GOD deems is right .   That alone is how we walk by the POWER of HIS SPIRIT.

man can call whatever he wants good.  I REFUSE IT , if it is NOT what GOD calls good.     That should be simple enough. WELL IFWE LOVE HIM .   but if we don't ,

we wont and are not saved.

No one is understanding what I am saying. Oh well....carry on. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

8 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

No one is understanding what I am saying. Oh well....carry on. 

FORWARD march lady kay.     Let us return to ONLY BIBLE reading and test all spirits all who speak against SOUND DOCTRINE.   them scrips make us WISE unto salvation

through faith in Christ .  but GOD has said   MY PEOPLE perish from lack of knowledge.   SO let us start afresh in that beautiful book the BIBLE and feast on them words.

Guest shiloh357
22 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

I appreciate the KJV during an Anglican Christmas service in an English accent, or while listening to Handel's "Messiah," but if you want to understand scripture, use a version in contemporary English.

No, I prefer a real Bible as opposed to modern versions that omit verses and promote Gnostic heresies.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

The thing is, is that I could take the time to research the true meaning of  1 Thessalonians and post what I find on here.   Except I really think everyone has made up their minds as to what it says and refuses to listen to anyone else about it. It seems so far in this debate, that anyone who has a different view of the meaning of the verse is accused of not following the scriptures. So I am not going to put in the time to do my research  and post what I find on here. No one is going to accept anything other then their point of view anyway. 

• This is Worthy 1

Guest shiloh357
14 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

The thing is, is that I could take the time to research the true meaning of  1 Thessalonians and post what I find on here. 

True according to what standard?   I mean, are we at a place where we cannot trust what the Bible says when it says,"abstain from all appearance of evil?" 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

13 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

When these discussions come up, it comes across as trying to find where "the line in the dirt" has been drawn. My question is: are we trying to determine where the line is so that we know we're holding to the path God wants us to follow,  or are we trying to see how close we can "skirt to it without crossing it"?

I believe it is because people don't want to admit they are wrong.   They battle those who do not agree due to ego and pride, both which builds arrogance.  It is the flesh desiring to have special knowledge, instead of having the faith of a child.   It is hard to admit, after years of study, that "we just don't know", so we throw out our best guess and build a theology upon it and remain steadfast to our own understanding.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

"abstain from all appearance of evil"

The first time I saw that verse, I knew what it meant. It effected  my heart, not my head. Set the legal aside. Listen to the spirit. We know whats right. Or whats wrong.