Running Gator

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

It would be great! if the Bible was easier to understand.

But since the first century,  the true meaning of the Scripture has been hidden from more people, instead of revealed.

A few translations may seek to reveal the true meaning,

but most (english) translations seem to make it more difficult to see the true meaning.

(for instance, in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek,  there is clearly no support for most of the pre-trib doctrines abounding today through the false teachings of macarthur who supports getting the mark of the beast openly.)  

That the false teachers are actually promoting the mark of the beast is or should be astonishing to anyone who can read or who just trusts Jesus (why , why would ANYONE who trusts Jesus get the mark OF THE BEAST !?!?!  instead of Yahweh's Seal ? )

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Here is a thought outside the box. You say that the some modern Bibles have changed the meaning of the scriptures. So here is my thought.  Maybe they did not change the meaning of the scripture, but maybe what they did was word it in such away that the true meaning of the scripture became more understandable.  Thus changing what you thought the meaning was suppose to be. :39:

This is it in a nutshell.  The KJV onlies claim that since there are different the KJV is right and the rest are wrong.  But they never once provide any actual proof that it is the KJV that got it right and not the others.  I use the ESV and have never seen one iota of evidence they got anything wrong. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

It would be great! if the Bible was easier to understand.

But since the first century,  the true meaning of the Scripture has been hidden from more people, instead of revealed.

A few translations may seek to reveal the true meaning,

but most (english) translations seem to make it more difficult to see the true meaning.

(for instance, in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek,  there is clearly no support for most of the pre-trib doctrines abounding today through the false teachings of macarthur who supports getting the mark of the beast openly.)  

That the false teachers are actually promoting the mark of the beast is or should be astonishing to anyone who can read or who just trusts Jesus (why , why would ANYONE who trusts Jesus get the mark OF THE BEAST !?!?!  instead of Yahweh's Seal ? )

I think that is why prayer goes along with reading the scriptures. Along with meaningful time to think about things. So many times in my life I have open my Bible and have falling on just the right passage of scripture that I needed to hear right at that time.  And the meaning was clear to me. I think that can only come from God. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

If you acknowledge , which you have , that in the mirror of Obedience to God you sense an "  appearance " of evil you are already on shaky ground .

In the midst of life's trials and perplexities working your own way through " appearances "  of evil relying on inadequate human reasoning and spiritual infirmity is not 

a path to victory of our souls .

There was not even so much a hint of an " appearance " of  " evil "  for the  two disciples that chose to be in the courtyard at Jesus's trial .

All things being equal , yet for one of them the lack of even an  " appearance " of evil was nothing more than a trap for what would be the most regrettable sins of their 

life .  

The denial of their Lord and Savior , not once but thrice .

And this after having been specifically warned by the Lord that Satan himself desired to destroy him .

Yet with not even so much as a hint of an " appearance "  of  " evil " why not enter into the  temptation of the courtyard ?

After all  this lack of an " appearance " of  " evil " had absolutely no impact on the other disciple present there .

How did that work out for Peter ? 

Peter should have never been present there , and he would be the first to tell you that after the fact ,   lack of " evil appearances "  be damned .

Instead of using human reasoning with regards to working out  what gives  acceptable " appearances" subtracted from "  evil " , in the eyes of other feeble humans  it is

much better to rely on the Divine math of God's multiplication . 

Obedience to God will always unlock the multiplication of God's Omnipotence and the concern with earthly " appearances "  will be left behind as we gaze upon an open 

field of life rich in the loveliness , honor , and power of Jesus .

" I Am come that they might have life , and that they might have it more abundantly . "

( John 10 : 10 ) 

I agree 100%.  

If God puts on your heart you should not be alone in a car with a member of the opposite gender not your spouse or family member because you will give in to temptation, then you should heed that warning.  Not because of the appearance to others, but because of your own temptations. 

Jesus never once showed that he cared about how His actions appeared to others.  The way this verse is used (perhaps misused) today Jesus was wrong to talk to the woman alone at the well, He was wrong to eat with the sinners and He was wrong to heal on the Sabbath, among other things.  

Guest shiloh357
14 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Here is a thought outside the box. You say that the some modern Bibles have changed the meaning of the scriptures. So here is my thought.  Maybe they did not change the meaning of the scripture, but maybe what they did was word it in such away that the true meaning of the scripture became more understandable.  Thus changing what you thought the meaning was suppose to be. :39:

No, that's not how translation works.   The modern versions are based on the Alexandrinus, the Codex Vaticanus and the Codex Sinaiticus.  They are all corrupt Greek manuscripts and the Vaticanus is the source for why the the JW New World Translation claims that Jesus is a god and not "God."  

And if they restored the true meaning to the NT, why don't the newer versions agree with each other???   Try having a Bible study with each person having a different version.   One person with an NIV or a NASB, ESV, NLT, RSV, NKJV, NRSV, the HCSB and the CSB, NEV and so on and see how far you get.  They don't say the same things.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

On Thursday, November 02, 2017 at 7:51 PM, Running Gator said:

In the church today this verse is used to control any and all behavior that the leaders of the church find wrong, irrregardless of if it lawless, unrighteous, or wicked

This is how some churches use all verses. For control of how they believe it to be.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

On 11/2/2017 at 6:24 PM, simplejeff said:

Only have 1.5 minutes ... so ... (until later)  .... I think you're right - I saw a rendition (explanation from language) of the phrase and it may OR probably means "avoid evil" ..... 

Remembering that Jesus NEVER did evil,   yet OTHERS said various accusations against Him for being with .... (look around ) ..... shhhhh.........    He was seen with ..... ...... ......  sinners .... ! ! !   He did not adjust His 'appearance' at all for them.  .......   perhaps more later ..... SHALOM IN JESUS !   Avoid idols .   Avoid sin.

I think that would agree with where it says to the pure all things are pure........the Pharisees were the ones overly concerned about outward appearances and eager to nab one in a sin.......and Jesus was constantly challenging and testing them to expose their hypocrisy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Well back to the original topic. I agree that it should be Abstain from every form of evil and not Abstain from all appearance of evil.   With that said.I do not think that I will be tossed into hell for following the NIV translation of the verse. Nor do I think that those who follow the KJV of the verse will be tossed into hell for following the KJV.  So we should not be condemning one another. 

I have no ideal why my fonts kept changing in this post. 

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well back to the original topic. I agree that it should be Abstain from every form of evil and not Abstain from all appearance of evil.   With that said.I do not think that I will be tossed into hell for following the NIV translation of the verse. Nor do I think that those who follow the KJV of the verse will be tossed into hell for following the KJV.  So we should not be condemning one another. 

I have no ideal why my fonts kept changing in this post. 

No one is condemning anyone, much less condemning you,  no matter how often you try to paint any disagreement with you in that light.   It would be nice if you could respond to what is actually posted instead of assigning false values to everyone else.  

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

I think that would agree with where it says to the pure all things are pure........the Pharisees were the ones overly concerned about outward appearances and eager to nab one in a sin.......and Jesus was constantly challenging and testing them to expose their hypocrisy.

But the Pharisees were putting up false appearances.  They were outwardly appearing one way, while inwardly they were the opposite.  That is not what we are dealing with here.