• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

If it can be done simply,   as I agree "veneration of a "saint" is idolatry" always, in catholicism doctrines and teachings and practices, 

would you show how it was different when the bones of the patriarchs were cared for and carried to particular places for burial  ?

Some who are persuaded by 'catholic' error don't understand that what the patriarchs did , and how they were treated,

is entirely  different (LIFE AND DEATH DIFFERENT !  LIGHT AND DARKNESS)

from anything ever taught by the rcc. 

I realize most all of those deceived will still corrupt the purpose and meanings and such of words as they are told to do,

but would like to see a simple illustration of the difference for the sake of all readers who are seeking the truth.

THANKS !

(I would myself,  but am not at all familiar with the history or even current definitions of "venerate" etc .....  it was never a need at the time to learn it ,  and I think from all your posts for years you have a much clearer understanding of it)

I don't know if I can answer your question or not, but for one thing I believe there is a huge difference between simple respect and veneration/worship.  We can respect the remains of a dead person and respect their memory and final wishes, etc, without it crossing the line into worship.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Yes,  I have to agree with you here.   Her actual core beliefs are not exactly clear.  Like a lot of (majority of) posts on forums,  it is leaves on the trees,  not the core, not the roots, not the source that people are discussing,

and it leads most of the time to just like this thread:  58 pages mostly of fluff.... with pagan practices repeatedliy repeated,  and repeatedly refuted. (not referring to her, btw)

You feel free to ask me about anything that is not clear Jeff.......I don't know what you mean by core beliefs exactly, because I thought those would have been clear by now, but if there are things that you aren't sure about regarding what I believe, please feel free to ask now and/or whenever a question comes up, and I'll do my best to express my beliefs and understanding.  I don't know everything you believe either, brother, but I know it takes time to get to know people well, especially on forums where everything is in writing and sort of limited.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

16 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

You feel free to ask me about anything that is not clear Jeff.......I don't know what you mean by core beliefs exactly, because I thought those would have been clear by now, but if there are things that you aren't sure about regarding what I believe, please feel free to ask now and/or whenever a question comes up, and I'll do my best to express my beliefs and understanding.  I don't know everything you believe either, brother, but I know it takes time to get to know people well, especially on forums where everything is in writing and sort of limited.

actually this is a good idea.  IF we can find what our core beliefs are , then we find what we may differ on .  what we differ on we can correct THROUGH scrips .

Cause I am warning us all, we have a monster delusion that has began and will wax worse and will lead all not in the lambs book of life right to the final upmost lie

which actually began at the garden.    We have to bond together IN CHRIST , but we also have to correct any errors one might have.

We must never compromise truth for companionship , which interfaith does.  But rather we must unify with those OF THE LAMB ONLY.  

AND FAST TOO.   any who loves the LORD , I mean who really loves him , this can be done in .   We need move fast.

We have a mission and its time to get it rolling.   ITS CHRIST and HE ALONE our message must be, and that includes HIS SAYINGS lived and loved.

for if we love not HIS sayings,   we love him not either.    

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

20 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

I don't know everything you believe either, brother, but I know it takes time to get to know people well, especially on forums where everything is in writing and sort of limited.

Yes,  there are many obstacles online which prevent true fellowship that's needed in the body of Christ on earth.

So far as actually acknowledged,  only one person in ten years was "saved" from anything via the forum:  although many more might have been quietly,  no one else has acknowledged it that I know of (after posting frequently over several years on a few forums looking for anyone who was ever saved because of the forum, or even because of the internet) ...

It seems obvious reading thread titles and posts that most people are not and never were saved,  and there is a lot of support not to be,  and it seems many visitors who are saved before reading the forum leave soon after reading because of the sorrows and strife and unrighteousness of most of the threads and posts. NOTE: "seems" i.e. from their comments when they happen to make comments;  there are many more who just watch for a week or three weeks without ever posting anything and then they leave and are not seen again. (noted from many 'birthdays' checking their status and other

A much bigger question then follows:  is it possible to learn enough without endangering the physical and online safety of a visitor or a member ,  especially since the legal authorities have televised the results of their findings:  Namely never share personalliy identifiable identity information online in anonymous places, chats, forums, or social network stuff/sites: (there are of course some exceptions, though few) .... and

that every chat room and every forum and every bulletin board they visit has perpetrators , even or especially the religious sites (since perpetrators know people expect members to be 'Christian' or 'safe' or whatever ) ........

----------- ^^^^^ ^^^^ Beware of Much "appearance of evil" or "evil" (OP's question)  ? ............

So,  'finally',  yes it takes time, sometimes 6 months, sometimes years, to meet and find anyone trustworthy and who is actually who they say they are.   The "appearances" ONLINE everywhere are often traps, often deceiving , often not what they seem to be.....

(newcomers to the internet, young folk and those weak in faith and blameless 'seekers' (in their seeking) ought all to be fore-warned and reminded now and then of the dangerous world we all live in.

Most sad,  this includes the largest of all actors on the stage of life,  with huge organizations behind them, well known and THOUGHT to be 'good' or 'upright' or 'safe' or even 'doing right' or 'encouraging' groups,  that are betrayers and destroyers of souls and of faith......

THE GOOD NEWS ?   YAHWEH IS FAITHFUL AND TRUE, and HIS WORD LASTS FOREVER !   TRUST and RELY ON HIM !

Little children,  keep yourselves from idols,  go and sin no more,  and call on the FATHER IN HEAVEN for EVERY NEED TODAY.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

10 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Yes,  there are many obstacles online which prevent true fellowship that's needed in the body of Christ on earth.

So far as actually acknowledged,  only one person in ten years was "saved" from anything via the forum:  although many more might have been quietly,  no one else has acknowledged it that I know of (after posting frequently over several years on a few forums looking for anyone who was ever saved because of the forum, or even because of the internet) ...

It seems obvious reading thread titles and posts that most people are not and never were saved,  and there is a lot of support not to be,  and it seems many visitors who are saved before reading the forum leave soon after reading because of the sorrows and strife and unrighteousness of most of the threads and posts. NOTE: "seems" i.e. from their comments when they happen to make comments;  there are many more who just watch for a week or three weeks without ever posting anything and then they leave and are not seen again. (noted from many 'birthdays' checking their status and other

A much bigger question then follows:  is it possible to learn enough without endangering the physical and online safety of a visitor or a member ,  especially since the legal authorities have televised the results of their findings:  Namely never share personalliy identifiable identity information online in anonymous places, chats, forums, or social network stuff/sites: (there are of course some exceptions, though few) .... and

that every chat room and every forum and every bulletin board they visit has perpetrators , even or especially the religious sites (since perpetrators know people expect members to be 'Christian' or 'safe' or whatever ) ........

----------- ^^^^^ ^^^^ Beware of Much "appearance of evil" or "evil" (OP's question)  ? ............

So,  'finally',  yes it takes time, sometimes 6 months, sometimes years, to meet and find anyone trustworthy and who is actually who they say they are.   The "appearances" ONLINE everywhere are often traps, often deceiving , often not what they seem to be.....

(newcomers to the internet, young folk and those weak in faith and blameless 'seekers' (in their seeking) ought all to be fore-warned and reminded now and then of the dangerous world we all live in.

Most sad,  this includes the largest of all actors on the stage of life,  with huge organizations behind them, well known and THOUGHT to be 'good' or 'upright' or 'safe' or even 'doing right' or 'encouraging' groups,  that are betrayers and destroyers of souls and of faith......

THE GOOD NEWS ?   YAHWEH IS FAITHFUL AND TRUE, and HIS WORD LASTS FOREVER !   TRUST and RELY ON HIM !

Little children,  keep yourselves from idols,  go and sin no more,  and call on the FATHER IN HEAVEN for EVERY NEED TODAY.

is it possible to learn enough without endangering the physical and online safety of a visitor or a member

IT sure is.    don't ask their name , address or etc.  JUST focus on core beliefs.   I see some of us who have the same common core belief.

no doubt on that .   But we also need to , how did pual put it.............so that we might perfect that which is lacking in your faith.  

Here is the simple way.    THE FOCUS MUST BE CHRIST and HIS SAYINGS.   now don't that sum it ALL UP . 

so simple yet the problem always comes with HIS SAYINGS.   yet IF we love not HIS SAYINGS then we don't love HIM , no matter HOW MUCH we say so by mouth.

NOW aint that a simple way .  

• Praise God! 1

15 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

is it possible to learn enough without endangering the physical and online safety of a visitor or a member

IT sure is.    don't ask their name , address or etc.  JUST focus on core beliefs.   I see some of us who have the same common core belief.

no doubt on that .   But we also need to , how did pual put it.............so that we might perfect that which is lacking in your faith.  

Here is the simple way.    THE FOCUS MUST BE CHRIST and HIS SAYINGS.   now don't that sum it ALL UP . 

so simple yet the problem always comes with HIS SAYINGS.   yet IF we love not HIS SAYINGS then we don't love HIM , no matter HOW MUCH we say so by mouth.

It is, amen.

Though Paul wanted to see them face to face to perfect their faith, so I have to believe it is still the best way, whenever it is possible.  Jesus discipled His followers and He likewise said to us to go and make disciples. 

• This is Worthy 1

Worthy Christian Library » A.B. Simpson » The Gospel of Healing » Chapter 3 – Popular Objections

Chapter 3 – Popular Objections

"

The Age of Miracles is not past. The Word of God never indicated a hint of such a fact. On the contrary, they are to be among the signs of the last day; and the very adversary himself is to counterfeit them, and send forth at last the spirits of devils working miracles, into the kings of the earth. So that the only defense against the false miracles will be the true. We are in the Age of miracles, the Age of Christ, the Age which lies between two Advents, and underneath the eye of a ceaseless Divine Presence, the Age of Power, the Age which above all other ages of time should be intensely alive.

THE SAME RESULTS AS ARE CLAIMED FOR FAITH IN THE HEALING OF DISEASE ARE ALSO SAID TO FOLLOW THE PRACTICES OF SPIRITUALISM, ANIMAL MAGNETISM, CLAIRVOYANCE, ETC.

We will not deny that while some of the manifestations of Spiritualism are undoubted frauds, there are many that are unquestionably supernatural, and are produced by forces for which Physical Science has no explanation. It is no use to try to meet this terrific monster of SPIRITUALISM in which, as Joseph Cook says, is, perhaps, the great IF of our immediate future in England and America, with the hasty and shallow denial of the facts, of their explanation as tricks of legerdemain. They are often undoubtedly real and superhuman. They are “the spirits of devils working miracles,” gathering men for Armageddon."

------------------------------------------------

You go back and forth a lot,  it seems often emotionally.  If you knew the truth of what was posted,  you would see the LIGHT, not 'clouding'....

On 11/10/2017 at 11:20 AM, Davida said:

Nevermind , Jeff, I should have known better. Your posts are just clouding the issue. Not going back & forth on this....

On 11/10/2017 at 2:33 PM, frienduff thaylorde said:

Amen! HALLELUYAH!  As SCRIPTURE SAYS:   CHRIST CRUCIFIED !  THE GOOD NEWS !

• Praise God! 1

On 11/10/2017 at 3:19 PM, simplejeff said:

Perilous days comes to mind, the world is waxing worse....as well as the wheat and tares growing together.  

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Amen! HALLELUYAH!  As SCRIPTURE SAYS:   CHRIST CRUCIFIED !  THE GOOD NEWS !

He is both the cornerstone of the foundation, as well as the finishing capstone.  It is Christ crucified.......until He comes as our resurrected King.  Looking forward to that Day.  :)

• Praise God! 1