• Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

Peace:

It is the normal paranoia...meanwhile Goolag data-mines everyone and sells that info, pretending to be your friend.

When ya buys a gun and shoots a bullet, it is up to you how that is done.

'Tube is just such a commodity in this our (hopefully for a while longer) free country.
Choose browsers and search engines wisely, they are the ones that set up the 'Tube ads.

Like others, I have been helped in many tedious tasks by judicious application of 'Tube information.

There are many Christian shows too, some would not be available without the 'Tube.

Again please read the opening post. I am seeking information from people that may know the internet better than I do ( Which is about most anyone I suppose).

I too use Youtube on occasion. I don't much like it for movies as  so many are of such poor video quality. But I  also do not like having ads appear, as I look at something. I know they sell ad space, it is their revenue stream.

I have considered YouTube tv at their advertised $35 a month fee, but am hesitant to  find my tv acting like my computer screen does when I jump on "free" Youtube and get all sorts of ads on cameras because I looked up a camera on the internet. I wonder, will I get ads geared  to relate to the Youtube tv programing I choose to watch appearing  on the side of my tv screen as I watch paid for youtube programming?

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

14 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Again please read the opening post. I am seeking information from people that may know the internet better than I do ( Which is about most anyone I suppose).

I too use Youtube on occasion. I don't much like it for movies as  so many are of such poor video quality. But I  also do not like having ads appear, as I look at something. I know they sell ad space, it is their revenue stream.

I have considered YouTube tv at their advertised $35 a month fee, but am hesitant to  find my tv acting like my computer screen does when I jump on "free" Youtube and get all sorts of ads on cameras because I looked up a camera on the internet. I wonder, will I get ads geared  to relate to the Youtube tv programing I choose to watch appearing  on the side of my tv screen as I watch paid for youtube programming?

Does YouTube TV have ads?

Yes, many of the TV networks we offer have ads.

When YouTube videos are shown on YouTube TV, the majority of the ad revenue from them will support the creators of those videos.

[https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/terms/]

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

43 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

okay. but when you title you post. "YouTube-Anti-Christ". Well anyway.  I am wondering if you are paying a month fee if you will have ads popping up? Other then say normal tv  ads for the shows you are watching.  I don't have cable. All I have is Netflix and I buy season passes for shows I want to see on cable channels. I see no reason to pay for cable. I thought about Youtube tv, but I don't think I have a need for it since I don't really watch a lot of tv. But again I would look into if you are paying a fee rather or not you are going to have pop up ads. And consider if it is worth the cost. 

I'll poke around see what I can find. 

Okay. It looks like you can try it for free for a time. Also you can cancel at anytime. So if you try it for a month. Don't like it. Your out $35.00 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Youtube the anti-ChristHi, Just a bit of exaggeration to make a point, and ask a question of some that  are better informed as to how the cyber world works

Do you think  buying Youtube tv as a replacement for Cable tv  service will be much like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire?

Do I really want Youtube popping up ads on the side of my television program viewing? Do I want my tv viewing habits linked to my internet use by them? Aren't they a little anti-Christ already?

Anything on the computer is going to be questionable.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

21 hours ago, coheir said:

I watch Hallmark movies on you tube; are you familiar with those?

No, not yet. Thank you.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

I am not familiar with youtube t.v but there is still a lot of good things to watch or read online, not every site, or video is bad. The same with t.v there is still good programming available. All one needs to do is make use of the t.v guide to find programs one is interested in that they feel is appropriate for viewing. That is why there is a remote, don't like something..change the channel or turn the t.v / computer off.

The thing about youtube clips here on worthy is that some of the side suggestions are inappropriate for our young readers that visit as well as not really being appropriate on a Christian board.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

21 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I don't know if it is around anymore, but there was a site called GodTube. It was like YouTube but only had Christian base videos.  But I have not come across it in a while so I do not know if it is still up and running or even if GodTube is the right name. 

GodTube is still active ... https://www.godtube.com/

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,441
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, OneLight said:

GodTube is still active ... https://www.godtube.com/

Hummm. Saved and sent this to my other computer that has speakers, looks like a great place.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

21 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hummm. Saved and sent this to my other computer that has speakers, looks like a great place.

I will say that it has changed since I was there last.  The look and feel is different.  More music and less videos.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 11/2/2017 at 3:32 PM, missmuffet said:

Anything on the computer is going to be questionable.

Oh no Mr. Bill!  Not "Got Questions", oh noooo!

:o     :D

Edited by Neighbor