Saved.One.by.Grace

Is Hell Eternal?

3 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I am speaking of the physical place called Hell, not Hell used in a poetic or metaphorical sense.  God says Heaven and Earth will pass away.  If Hell is eternal, it must be somewhere else, maybe outside of our spatial dimensions.  Just things I've been pondering lately.

I think you will find pass away to mean this. Greek, Parerchomai, to change from one condition or state to another, as a person passes away in death, or as old things pass away at the new birth (2 Cor. 5:17). It never means annihilation, but to change only.

The heavens and the earth are eternal (Ps. 72:5-17; 89:3-37; 104:5; Eccl. 1:4) They will be changed (Heb. 1:10-12; 12:25-28; Rom. 8:21-23), be renovated by fire (2 Pet. 3:5-13), and be renewed (Re. 21:1), but never pass out of existence. They will be changed but "My Words will not be changed."

Eccl. 1: 4, One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

I think you will find pass away to mean this. Greek, Parerchomai, to change from one condition or state to another, as a person passes away in death, or as old things pass away at the new birth (2 Cor. 5:17). It never means annihilation, but to change only.

The heavens and the earth are eternal (Ps. 72:5-17; 89:3-37; 104:5; Eccl. 1:4) They will be changed (Heb. 1:10-12; 12:25-28; Rom. 8:21-23), be renovated by fire (2 Pet. 3:5-13), and be renewed (Re. 21:1), but never pass out of existence. They will be changed but "My Words will not be changed."

Eccl. 1: 4, One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

But we know this Earth will pass away and be replaced with a new Earth.

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

But we know this Earth will pass away and be replaced with a new Earth.

I believe God where He says in Ecclesiastes 1: 4, One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

The Earth will be renovated by fire, to burn away all the pollution, garbage dumps, atomic waste, slums, and other such things and restored to its original state as it was created before Adam.

The second picture is drums of leaking atomic wast dumped into the ocean. Look at the slums and piles of garbage, only God could ever clean up such a mess, and the best way to do this would be to burn it up in a fierce fire.

Z 86..jpg

Z 87..jpg

Z 88..jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I am speaking of the physical place called Hell, not Hell used in a poetic or metaphorical sense.  God says Heaven and Earth will pass away.  If Hell is eternal, it must be somewhere else, maybe outside of our spatial dimensions.  Just things I've been pondering lately.

Just to throw in a thought. What about the saints in the OT before Jesus came, they all died according to Hebrews 11, coming short of the promise.

They didn't have eternal life because Jesus did not come yet to give eternal life to them. (Not eternal life to a flesh body)

So where were they ?

I don't think they were in HELL as far as a burning HELL, paying for the sins they did committed.

They were of the faithful.

Some of the worthy got a resurrection in Matthew 27. 

56 minutes ago, Bible_Gazer said:

Just to throw in a thought. What about the saints in the OT before Jesus came, they all died according to Hebrews 11, coming short of the promise.

They didn't have eternal life because Jesus did not come yet to give eternal life to them. (Not eternal life to a flesh body)

So where were they ?

I don't think they were in HELL as far as a burning HELL, paying for the sins they did committed.

There has been so much deception from catholicism group for over a thousand years, and greek mythology, and roman, and babylong, and other pagan sources,  you won't find much consensus anywhere including on forums.

If you would like to see the most Bible accurate description,  look up online pdf format e.w.bullinger's rich man and lazarus.

that is in line with EVERY Scripture concerning this.  tested and proven.  (just not accepted by 'myth believers')

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:32 PM, Bible_Gazer said:

So where were they ?

They were not in burning hell as you call it. They went to paradise;

Paradise;
In Luke 16:19-31; 23:43, we have pictured total comfort and water in this prison because the rich man saw Lazarus afar off in comfort and bliss and asked him to dip his finger in water and cool his tongue (Luke 16:19-31).

This was the abode of the righteous souls from Adam after dying and leaving their bodies, being held captive by the devil against their wills till Christ's death and resurrection (Heb. 2:14-15; Eph. 4:7-11).Before Jesus Christ conquered the power of death and Hell, the devil had these powers. (Col. 2:14-17; Heb. 2:14-15; Rev. 1:18).

It was into this prison the repentant thief went with Christ the day they both died (Luke 23:43). This prison is located in the heart of the Earth as is clear from (Matt. 12:40 and Eph. 4:7-11).

When Jesus ascended into heaven, he took these captives with Him.

Ephesians 4:8, Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity2 captive, and gave gifts unto men.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/17/2017 at 4:02 PM, HAZARD said:

They were not in burning hell as you call it. They went to paradise;

Paradise;
In Luke 16:19-31; 23:43, we have pictured total comfort and water in this prison because the rich man saw Lazarus afar off in comfort and bliss and asked him to dip his finger in water and cool his tongue (Luke 16:19-31).

This was the abode of the righteous souls from Adam after dying and leaving their bodies, being held captive by the devil against their wills till Christ's death and resurrection (Heb. 2:14-15; Eph. 4:7-11).Before Jesus Christ conquered the power of death and Hell, the devil had these powers. (Col. 2:14-17; Heb. 2:14-15; Rev. 1:18).

It was into this prison the repentant thief went with Christ the day they both died (Luke 23:43). This prison is located in the heart of the Earth as is clear from (Matt. 12:40 and Eph. 4:7-11).

When Jesus ascended into heaven, he took these captives with Him.

Ephesians 4:8, Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity2 captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Well I read those scriptures differently.

Luke 16 is a parable, nobody went to heaven before Jesus when Jesus spoke this.

The Devil did bring death to humanity but he did not have the soul of people. Ecc.12:7 Mention all return unto God who gave it.

There is no prison house for the saved dead. There is a book of remembrance so God can resurrect them later Mal.3:16-17

There was a resurrection Matthew 27, so nobody went straight to heaven with Jesus.

Eph 4:8 This captivity was here on earth. They were is false religion houses.       Isa.61:1 and under the law of sin and death.

3 minutes ago, Bible_Gazer said:

Well I read those scriptures differently.

Luke 16 is a parable, nobody went to heaven before Jesus when Jesus spoke this.

The Devil did bring death to humanity but he did not have the soul of people. Ecc.12:7 Mention all return unto God who gave it.

There is no prison house for the saved dead. There is a book of remembrance so God can resurrect them later Mal.3:16-17

There was a resurrection Matthew 27, so nobody went straight to heaven with Jesus.

Eph 4:8 This captivity was here on earth. They were is false religion houses.       Isa.61:1 and under the law of sin and death.

You sure do.

You say, Luke 16 is a parable, nobody went to heaven before Jesus when Jesus spoke this.

What about this? 2 Ki 2:11, And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

And this? Gen 5:24, And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

Both Enoch and Elijiah went to heaven before Jesus came to the earth to die for mankind.

Have another read and check each and every scripture.

The smoke of her burning rises forever and ever.

Think about that.

Could that be possible if the source of that smoke does not

continue forever and ever?

worm.png