Thoughts For Day 2

*Luke 6:10-11 After looking around at them all, He said to him, Stretch out your hand!” And he did so; and his hand was restored. But they themselves were filled with rage, and discussed together what they might do to Jesus.

I think what caused the Pharisees to be filled w/rage was that they had pride which caused jealousy, and fear which caused them to want to harm Jesus. I also think this is a good life lesson for us to want good for others, and not to find fault in them.

*Luke 6:19 And all the people were trying to touch Him, (Jesus) for power was coming from Him and healing them all.

If you are sick, you would do almost anything to be healed, to make your sickness go away. I would imagine people were pushing in line, and crowding others to touch Jesus for healing. I also think it's amazing that literal healing power was radiating out of Him. Just to be in His physical presence, in His shadow would be a gift in and of itself to see the miracles! But how much more powerful to experience that kind of physical healing this side of heaven yourself! Another interesting thing is that He passed this power onto the apostles as part of the establishment of the church. My God never ceases to amaze me!

*Genesis 3:12-13 12 The man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me from the tree, and I ate.” Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” And the woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

Playing the blame game – even when we blame others, if we choose to follow their leading making a poor choice, we're still accountable.  Sometimes the consequences can be very severe, but God forgives!  

*Genesis 3: 21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife, and clothed them.

The first fur coat. I've heard some say fig leaves, but it says skin here, which would have to be of an animal (s).  The important thing is that God always provides!  :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Rather than starting a new thread, I'll post some thoughts in this one as well.

Gen 3:19 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken; For dust you are, And to dust you shall return."

I believe this is a good comparison between the insnigificance of man and the omnipotent power of God. We are walking, talking dust. Had God not breathed life into man, there would be no man. This is, perhaps, one of the most offensive things of all to nonbelievers, but worthy of rejoicing for a believer, as God did take the time to create us and was further willing to endure torture and death to bring us into fellowship with Him. How awesome is that?

Joh 15:13  Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
Joh 15:14  You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
Joh 15:15  No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

--------------------------------------

Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"—

Early revelation of God's nature that wouldn't be expounded upon for 4000 years. I do wonder if Adam had a more complete understanding of the Trinity than we do?

------------------------------------

Psa 2:1  Why do the nations rage, And the people plot a vain thing?
Psa 2:2  The kings of the earth set themselves, And the rulers take counsel together, Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying,

Written probably 3000 years ago, still as relevant as ever today! Probably not a good idea though...

Psa 2:4  He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; The LORD shall hold them in derision.
Psa 2:5  Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, And distress them in His deep displeasure:

---------------------------

Psa 2:6  "Yet I have set My King On My holy hill of Zion."
Psa 2:7  "I will declare the decree: The LORD has said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

Just an awesome passage looking towards Christ, quoted (2:7) no less than three times in the new testament (Acts 13:33, Hebrews 1:5, 5:5).

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

:emot-heartbeat:

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

:emot-heartbeat:

Joe, I love your hearts and I smile when I see them!  You are an encouragement without saying a word!  :) (<3) ~ Gem

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

22 hours ago, Steve_S said:

Rather than starting a new thread, I'll post some thoughts in this one as well.

Steve, so much good stuff you put here!  I am on vaca, but I hope to respond when I get back!  Thanks for sharing your thoughts!  I love to hear what my brothers/sisters have to say!  :) Have a blessed week!  ~ Gem

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 12:50 AM, Steve_S said:

I believe this is a good comparison between the insnigificance of man and the omnipotent power of God. We are walking, talking dust. Had God not breathed life into man, there would be no man. This is, perhaps, one of the most offensive things of all to nonbelievers, but worthy of rejoicing for a believer, as God did take the time to create us and was further willing to endure torture and death to bring us into fellowship with Him. How awesome is that?

It's AWESOME!  :)  I think it's not only amazing that He took the time to create us, but He created us in His image, (Genesis 1:27.)  He says we are fearfully and wonderfully made in Psalm 139:14.  He calls us his children in 1 John 3:1 (See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!) Only our God could turn dust into that!  Psalm 8 is a great summary of these thoughts, especially verses 4-6 (What is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?  You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor.  You made them rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under their feet.)  

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 12:50 AM, Steve_S said:

Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"—

Early revelation of God's nature that wouldn't be expounded upon for 4000 years. I do wonder if Adam had a more complete understanding of the Trinity than we do?

This verse has been misunderstood by some to mean there are many gods, but I like you believe it's referring to the Trinity.  I definitely think Adam had a better understanding of who God is because he walked with Him, saw Him, and was in His physical presence.  Adam and Eve were born not knowing sin until they ate of the tree of life.  We however are born with a sin nature, a desire to do evil.  In Psalm 51:5 David confirms this, "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."  He reiterates that again in Psalm 58:3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as they are born, speaking lies.  Paul confirms this in the New Testament in Romans 3:10 As it is written: "There is none righteous, no not one."   

Sorry I took so long to respond!  I've been trying to catch up, and now I've finally read all of the comments in this section.  :) I hope you and your family have a blessed New Year!  

• Loved it! 1

On 11/2/2017 at 6:55 PM, Gemstone777 said:

*Genesis 3: 21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife, and clothed them.

The first fur coat. I've heard some say fig leaves, but it says skin here, which would have to be of an animal (s).  The important thing is that God always provides!  :)

Wow, Day 2, this is a while back, but I just saw the fig leaf thing, and thought I would comment, but, I warn you that it will be wordy!

Well, Gen 3 Says:

6 When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings.

That is where the idea of fig leaves comes from.

The later in Chapter 4 it say:

20 Now the man called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all the living. 21 The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife, and clothed them.

Perhaps a picture, that the works of man, do not really cover sin, the just make us look holy? Where as with the garments, that is the work of God, in the form of a blood sacrifice.

Animal sacrifices, also, do not really cover sin:

Heb 9:13 For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh, 14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 22 And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

and Roman 5:
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. 

Perhap also, Gen 4 relates:

3 So it came about in the course of time that Cain brought an offering to the LORD of the fruit of the ground. 4 Abel, on his part also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of their fat portions. And the LORD had regard for Abel and for his offering; 5 but for Cain and for his offering He had no regard.

Cain there, a tiller of the ground, a farmer, gave and offering of produce, again, maybe works? While on the other hand, Able made an animal sacrifice, again, the shedding of blood.

One I have always liked though:

Gen 22:
 1Now it came about after these things, that God tested Abraham, and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” 2He said, “Take now your son, your only son, whom you love, Isaac, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I will tell you.” 

We know something is up here, some thing should catch out notice, God said that the father (Abraham) was to take his ONLY son. Abraham also had another son, Ismael, so that familiar phrasing, should grab our attention.

It is also interesting, that he was to go to Moriah, to one of the mountains there. Seems like there was this mountain called Moriah, where God revealed Himself to Moses, coincidence? More interesting to speculate of ponder though, is to look in 2 Chronicles 3:1:

Then Solomon began to build the house of the LORD in Jerusalem on Mount Moriah, where the LORD had appeared to his father David, at the place that David had prepared on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite.

Jerusalem, interesting! Then, there is this (Back to Gen 22)

6 Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering and laid it on Isaac his son, and he took in his hand the fire and the knife. So the two of them walked on together.

Can we think of any other son who had to carry wood up a mountain in preparation of a sacrifice?

The we come to this section:
7 Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, “My father!” And he said, “Here I am, my son.” And he said, “Behold, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?”

Isaac was on his game here, he knew that there should be a lamb for the sacrifice. He questioned dad about it, who replied:

8 Abraham said, “God will provide for Himself the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.”

There, even Abraham implied, that there would be a lamb, but that it would be a lamb provided my God Himself. Then what happens, is also interesting:

9 Then they came to the place of which God had told him; and Abraham built the altar there and arranged the wood, and bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10 Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. 11 But the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” 12 He said, “Do not stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.” 13 Then Abraham raised his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him a ram caught in the thicket by his horns; and Abraham went and took the ram and offered him up for a burnt offering in the place of his son.

Now, I just noticed for the first time that I know of, that the angel of the Lord called from Heaven. Angel there in Hebrew, is "malak", it means messenger. It could be translated into English, as the messenger of Yahweh. Now while this is speculation on my part, I ask: "Who is the messenger of Yahweh (Jehovah God), could that not be the pre-incarnate Jesus, the word of God? While it is just speculation on my part, but it is what I am now inclinded to believe. Meanwhile, back to the tale of Abraham and Isaac:

Notice that a ram ended up being sacrificed here, not the lamb that Abraham said God would provide. That is just one more oddity. Just like Isaac was not Abe's only son, now we get a ram, not a lamb. Perhaps that should lead us, in our minds to recall 1 John:

28 These things took place in Bethany beyond the Jordan, where John was baptizing. 29 The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! 30 “This is He on behalf of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.’ 

So, there John the Baptist is noting for us, that Jesus is the Lamb of God, and that He takes away sins. Of course, He does that by being a sacrice that God provide, His only begotten Son. Sound familiar? John also points out, the this Lamb came before he, John the baptizer did, yet Luke one implies that John was born about 6  months before Jesus. Now, to make sure that we understand how Jesus then, existed before the Baptizer, John said:

31 “I did not recognize Him, but so that He might be manifested to Israel, I came baptizing in water.” 32 John testified saying, “I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him. 33 “I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, ‘He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the One who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.’ 34 “I myself have seen, and have testified that this is the Son of God.”

• Similar Content

• By turtletwo
      This poem is in honor of my beloved mom... 
      And most of all, is in gratitude for how the Lord
      has been mercifully and faithfully caring for her...
      watching over her ever since she nearly died on March 9th

Healing

Healing comes from God on high
      (Though wrought through human hands)
      And miracles are gifts from God
      That no one understands.

Healing from our Maker...
      Undertaking our repair
      Is one of many ways
      He says,"I made you and I care."

Healing through white blood cells
      In a wondrous, complex fashion...
      Closing wounds and fading scars
      Are signs of His Compassion.

Broken bones that mend
      And all the pain He takes away
      Are reasons that we have
      To thank Him each and every day.

Special praise goes out to God for the recent healing
      of a serious blood infection (for which she was hospitalized)
      and the direct answer to prayer for them finally
      putting her back on the ventilator to assist with breathing difficulties.

• By turtletwo
      The miracle of Mom's smile...is what I praise the Lord for today! 
      After her serious brain injury on March 9th, Mom had lost many functions... Including her ability to smile. We were led by all the 'experts' to believe she would never get these back.
      This Sunday my daughter went out to see her at the nursing home. She was greeted by an aide who said, "She's having a really good day today!" My daughter was puzzled (since Mom has not been able to show expression since the injury.) "What do you mean?" she asked the aide. "When I came into her room today she had her eyes open and gave me a big, beautiful smile." She described Mom as being in a good mood or happy! Needless to say, she was shocked but overjoyed. As soon as she left the nursing home, she called me excitedly with this wonderful news.
      When it comes to the Almighty, never say never.  
      What an Awesome God we serve! I am humbled by His power and His mercy. 

• By Debp
      I have never heard this story before...this man was miraculously raised from the dead after being dead for 48 minutes!

• By turtletwo
      Mom went into the hospital today. Please pray for her protection, healing and good medical care.