• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

The disciples were called by the [the garbage dump] [world] :   SIMPLETONS!  Society rejects the TRUTH, always has except for 2 times in the history of the world.

i.e. the world in all of its extensive sin, sinfulness, full of wickedness and abominations, 

called the disciples simpletons, even "idiots",  because they were NEW CREATIONS not concerned with politics, not any longer under the power of the world,   not any longer under the power of the flesh,  or of the devil.  Not any longer under GREED. No longer deceived by all the deceptions of all society under the prince of the power of the air (the devil), 

all the deceptions of the sons of disobedience (in banks, schools, finance, medicine, pharmacy, politics, corporations, etc etc etc ) .

SIMPLETONS !  SWEET JOY IN CHRIST !  Only He has the WORD of ETERNAL LIFE!

(HIS WAY)

Thank you for explaining.  It boils down to this one truth. Christ is our Hope! The world under the spirit of antichrist there is no hope, only the second death. Jesus said not all who say Lord lord will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven  

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:06 AM, Mike Mclees said:

No !   Where did Jesus tell the decuples that they were to involve themselves in the politics of this world  that is Babylon. No he did not.  The instruction was we as Believers obey, or to honor the laws those who are of authority over us. Christians today think we have to be politically minded or depending on it for anything.  

Another question to ponder is John 17: Jesus says  ( I pray for them being the disciples

I pray not for the world.   Now the is a point blank statement.  The question is why did He say that. You have to study the word about separation from the world and all its enticement and ambitions.  

Jesus interacted with  publicans , scribes , political officials on a regular basis and I don't recall Him ever telling His disciples they could not come along .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

On 11/14/2017 at 11:09 AM, simplejeff said:

The disciples were called by the [the garbage dump] [world] :   SIMPLETONS!  Society rejects the TRUTH, always has except for 2 times in the history of the world.

i.e. the world in all of its extensive sin, sinfulness, full of wickedness and abominations, 

called the disciples simpletons, even "idiots",  because they were NEW CREATIONS not concerned with politics, not any longer under the power of the world,   not any longer under the power of the flesh,  or of the devil.  Not any longer under GREED. No longer deceived by all the deceptions of all society under the prince of the power of the air (the devil), 

all the deceptions of the sons of disobedience (in banks, schools, finance, medicine, pharmacy, politics, corporations, etc etc etc ) .

SIMPLETONS !  SWEET JOY IN CHRIST !  Only He has the WORD of ETERNAL LIFE!

(HIS WAY)

What Scripture details the Disciples being called 'Smpletons' or 'idiots'?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

To me, none of us has true representation in the government.  Some officials say they will stand for some of our values.  The extent of that is always sub par.  Yet, many Christians are extremely polarized and emotionally charged to vote for certain people of a certain party almost categorically.  Personally, I see Biblical values represented by all parties, but not all in one party.  To further complicate things, you can never trust any of these politicians anyway.  None of them are infallible.  However, the Scripture teaches that the Lord has the heart of the kings in His hand and He moves them like a river.  There is a bigger picture involved.  Ultimately, this world is not our home.  We should do what we can in the name of Christ to further the Kingdom and spread the Gospel, as well as serving our fellow man.  In the end though, this world is coming under judgement.  The prophecies must be fulfilled.

Just my two cents.

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

There are sinners everywhere, in politics, in academics, in business, in schools. But in America, where we have the right to vote, we can vote for right to life candidates, and make a difference there (and in many other areas).

I find that the Republican platform is far more biblical than the Democrat platform.

• 6 months later...

When we read Rev 18 we can see that the political systems of Babylon that are corrupt and immoral making perversion an excepted law of the land. It says for the church to come out of her less you be judged with them.

How can we look to our governments and the politicians that upon going in  they must uphold the laws of the land. It has become the cage of every foul bird.  Im not saying we are not to obey the laws and those who have charge over us but even Jesus despised the Pharisees saying obey them that sit in Moses seat. Voting for them is something else. 

Edited by Mike Mclees

Resurrecting your old OP? BTW, being interested in what is going on in politics is not "being part " " of her" . Rather, I consider a chritian who can discuss intelligently politics a well informed christian. 

Your misuse of scriptures where God is telling people "come out of her" is showing how little you understand those scriptures in Rev and Jeremiah. Christians do not commit sins that those who are are IN THE WORLD commit. Ridiculous. 

Furthermore, I dont condone Trumps character. He is unregenerated. I didnt vote for him because he could be clergy. I voted for him to free us from all the wickedness hillary would have thrown down!! 

14 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

And yet, here you are, on an internet forum, posting messages, so you are very much "in the world."  No doubt, you have a computer/cell phone, a car, a house, TV, cable.  You obviously have Internet, so you are not "out of her."  You are not following your own admonitions.  Are you specially exempted by God to do these things, which are very much "of the world?"

Jesus prayed for the disciples Rev 17: That are in the world but not of it

Im assure to live for Christ using what I have for good and not evil. We are to live a life that glorifies The Lord and savior. Did the disciples have to pay taxes 

2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

It sounds good, if you don't look at the statement too deep.  What you are actually saying, and I expected it anyway, is:

"You people can't do these things, because it's youI can because I'm using this stuff for good." 

Wrong.  If you are going to condemn your concept of "being in the world" when other people do it, you can't do it either.  You don't get a pass by rationalizing that you are "doing it for good."  There is a specific word for that kind of mindset and it is "hypocrisy."

Whatever you want to do is OK.  It's just wrong when other people do it. 

Right.

I thought we were talking about politics. Did I say it was wrong to watch TV, Drive a car, use a computer. Any of these things can be a source for evil or convey worldliness. We all have to live and get along in the world but our heart does not or should be in it. Politics is something else.  The political systems serves the world. God and the world don't mix. It will be hard when believers can't go tot the grocery store. Believers who look to politics has their mind in the world hoping that government will make the world a better place. and so will the one who wants to take the Lords seat.  Love not the world neither the things of it.

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

There is no prohibition on Christians from voting or being involved in politics.  No such prohibition exists.  Christians should be active in voting for politicians that advocate sound moral values and personal responsibility.  The premise that they are not allowed to is always a non-starter.  Paul used the politics, rules and laws to his advantage every time he dealt with Rome.  Your theory does not fly.

Paul preached the gospel of Christ and never served any other. Also I didn't say you couldn't just you shouldn't. Babylon will come to judgment. You might try giving that some thought.