Mike Mclees

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I believe "politics" revolves around the "self".If I vote for a particular party or person the whole point is to be for my own interests. Now my "own interests" as a Christian would be to vote for leadership which allows for religious tolerance with not one, dominating over the other. This in turn to a religiously tolerant society with checks and balances on power abuse cf Mt 20:25. History has shown that a purely one denominational Government does not work, not even a Christian one. Take the Roman Church for instance in its power build-up in the first 1000 yrs A.D.Too much power in anybody's hands no matter what religion, turns into a form of "Emperor Worship" if not controlled. Therefore Christians should also play their part in ensuring that the natural tendency toward power abuse is kept in check using their democratic right to vote.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Consider: Is God's kingdom in Christ a true democracy (in relation to the subject of "politics" …. )? Shalom.

• 5 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

The date of this thread is from 2017. This is 2020. Still politics is an issue. How ever the thread is dug up from the grave. Why is this thread here now?

Still the politics of his world is not about the church. How ever President Trump is using the Christian faith to get religious  voters. nothing new. If his faith is true only God knows 

As for myself I would not vote. If anyone wants an explanation of that you only have to ask.

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/21/1955

(Joh 18:36)  Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Nothing I involve myself in either. Jesus has it all figured out :)

(Dan 4:17)  This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 11/3/2017 at 9:59 PM, Mike Mclees said:

If You are looking to politics why?

No, I don't look to politics because doesn't exist good politicians. And there could not be because the world lies in evil (1John 5:19).

Besides, we don't belong to this world. Our citizenship is in heaven (Phil 3:20).

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Many people today have a problem...they take Biblical stances and make them into political ones.

God says not to kill the innocent, for us today that includes the unborn massacered in abortion.

God says that homosexuality (in all of its flavors) is an abominaiton, for us today that means we as Christ followers are not to vote for so-called LGBTQ rights or any of that other nonsense.

But, people take these things as political issues...so-called Christians vote for political parties that not only support these things, but who also fight on a daily basis to keep them "legal" in America.

It doesn't matter what is legal if it directly contradicts God's Word...and Scripture tells us in no uncertain terms that voting for such people (supporting their cause) makes you a participant in their sinful actions. So, when you believe the lies and vote for politicians, for whatever reasons, who fight for abortion...the blood of those innocent victims are on YOUR hands as a participant, just as much as if you were in the abortion room helping the physician murder that baby.

Don't think that God will not judge you for your support of such actions!

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.91

One once said that one's politics are a reflection of their relationship (or lack thereof) with Christ, but I have no idea if that statement is accurate.  

• Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.91

Another once said that, when a Christian church leader begins preaching to their congregation about politics, they're no longer teaching the message of Christ but, rather, their own.  But, again, I have no idea if that statement is accurate.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

People want things to improve for society, the country and the world.

They want to achieve these goals by knowing as little about current events and politics as possible.

Lack of knowledge on history, science and current events leaves people powerless to do anything other than be fooled into supporting all the wrong people and wrong things.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

On 9/26/2018 at 3:46 PM, Mike Mclees said:

Paul preached the gospel of Christ and never served any other. Also I didn't say you couldn't just you shouldn't. Babylon will come to judgment. You might try giving that some thought.    

How did I into this. I have never been a poster on this