MyLordsServant

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

I've stumbled on some "speaking in tongues" videos. Most of them confirm that babbling tongues are frequent in Pentecostal churches.

Can someone read this and help discern what's happening at this church? My parents still go there.

The Ukrainian church I was forced to go to with my parents for 18 years, named the house of prayer, always had these 'tongue babblings'. I don't know if these were actual babblings or different languages. They didn't sound like other languages. Everyone's babblings seemed to sound the same. But doesn't the Holy Spirit only use the tongues to speak to others in their language? Not some heavenly language gibberish? From what I remember, they called it a prayer support from the Holy Spirit, like a prayer assistance to help prolong it. Now I'm starting to question if this was a demonic spirit entering people.  

For over 20 years of my life, I thought that was the real Holy Spirit working. I feel the periods where I left the church, I came closer to spiritual things, then later God. Was God's eye on me the whole time? Keeping me distant from the church's doctrine, until now where I attend a United reformed church? This is mind blowing right now. 

For the entire 18 years, I feel I learned nothing. Like my ears were shut. I learned the stories, about Jesus, Moses, etc. But I never understood the deeper meanings. I didn't even know the point of Jesus, that he died for us, which even sinners know. During 90% of the sermons, the second it started, my mind would blank out, until the second the sermon finished. Maybe it was my ignorance blocking out the sermon? Or was it divine intervention, closing my ears to the doctrines?

Some background: As the name of the church suggests, this church was heavy on prayer. Only vocal. Occasionally they had prayer days; church was open for 8 hours. People would come and pray for hours, vocally. There were 4-5 church services per week. It was structured with 3 sermons from 3 deacons and sometimes pastor. Each sermon about 30 minutes-1 hour. Each church service was 2-3 hours long. Monday's were prayer night, where focus was on prayer along side preaching. After each sermon they prayed for 5-10 minutes. All members pray together, not just pastor.

Experiences I witnessed: Often the moment the pastor starts praying, within 1-10 seconds, he's already babbling. Alter calls had people come out, stand on their knees, and pastor would come around putting hands on them praying. Sometimes they dabbed oil on peoples heads. A couple of occasions, a female prophet would come. It was super weird. 5-10 minutes into a heavy loud prayer, everyone would go silent almost in unison, and the 'spirit' would speak vocally from her, in her own voice. She would tell the church the problems they had, like not enough love or whatever I don't remember 100% if this happened, but a prophet said in our church of 150 members, only 2-4 would be saved. A teenage guy during an alter call, was praying so hard, he said he was paralyzed for a time. Not like a car accident paralyzed, but having no body control. A trusted members experience story was, his wife in another church during prayer, physically started levitating while praying. Not sure if I remember this one correctly, but it was either physically or in his dream. 80% sure it was physically. One teenage girl often gets babblings, and during heavy prayers, she would scream in a weird way. Not like horror movie scream, but shouting bursts of babblings. One deacon especially, but other members also, would pray so loud and forcefully, they were basically yelling to God. Average prayers were really loud. People would cry passionately and desperately, especially women. Sometimes up to 30 minutes straight.

It seemed like a good church. They never had people running around or jumping during prayers. Some of the miracle stories seemed genuine. Like healing and whatnot. They dressed respectfully, no chewing gum, long dresses, no cellphones, etc. But everything else had me question. I never really felt peace in that church. It felt dead, without any presence.  

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

all the tongues I have heard; if one listened to it more than once you could tell they always repeat the same babble.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

They do not know that they are under the influence of some religious spirits, what ever that is, but one thing I Know , they are under some control from the leadership, if the pastor says jump, you must jump, this is some kind of bondage. 

They are in some constant state of trying to protect themselves, from spiritual attacts. 

They don't trust no one but the leadership and the pastor. They have lost some discernment. It is like a cult. With a lot of singing and praising and very strong faith, the Holy Spirit is working among them selfs, but also the spirit of the pastor. Just like in some churches in the book of Revelation .. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

They do not know that they are under the influence of some religious spirits, what ever that is, but one thing I Know , they are under some control from the leadership, if the pastor says jump, you must jump, this is some kind of bondage. 

They are in some constant state of trying to protect themselves, from spiritual attacts. 

They don't trust no one but the leadership and the pastor. They have lost some discernment. It is like a cult. With a lot of singing and praising and very strong faith, the Holy Spirit is working among them selfs, but also the spirit of the pastor. Just like in some churches in the book of Revelation .. 

I'm thinking it's some form of mental paralyzation. Pray for so long and passionately, until your mind has no more words to vocalize, and begins to spew gibberish in a mentally disabled trance. Either that, or they fake it, evil spirit, or some form of Holy Spirit no one knew about.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Apparently speaking in tongues is quite popular among many on Worthy. I do not support tongues.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

I'm thinking it's some form of mental paralyzation. Pray for so long and passionately, until your mind has no more words to vocalize, and begins to spew gibberish in a mentally disabled trance. Either that, or they fake it, evil spirit, or some form of Holy Spirit no one knew about.

You are right that they induce a certain mendal and shycological state upon them selfs, so their minds are not free to thing. 

They are under a state of mendal isolation. And are afraid to be out of that box, even to pep out that box it is torment for some. 

This is not bad and it is isolating ones self, which it is beneficial for those who seek isolation from some vices or deep shycological and emotional pain, I live them to the Lord. 

You don't accept oppression, needs also to be very carefull, they are some very crafty spirits trying to seduce us, that's why we need the discerment of the Holy Spirit who can expose them to us. 

Paul said , by reason of use we can tell things apart.

As it is the same by getting to know them, even been under their influence for while, we get to recognize them, even when we see them at work in other people. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Apparently speaking in tongues is quite popular among many on Worthy. I do not support tongues.

So I found this verse, what do you think?

For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.

He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

Edited by AscendedMasters333
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:sherlock:

Before One Goes And Kicks Out The Holy Ghost

I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge— God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you. Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed.

He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Corinthians 1:4-9 (New International Version)

It Might Be Very Wise To Fact Check

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; Mark 16:17 (American King James Version)

It Seems To Me

Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone.

To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.

All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills. 1 Corinthians 12:4-11 (English Standard Version)

Yes....

For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men, but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries in the Spirit. 1 Corinthians 14:2 (Berean Study Bible)

No?

For by the grace given to me I say to every one of you not to think more highly of yourself than you ought to think, but to think with sober discernment, as God has distributed to each of you a measure of faith. For just as in one body we have many members, and not all the members serve the same function, so we who are many are one body in Christ, and individually we are members who belong to one another. And we have different gifts according to the grace given to us. If the gift is prophecy, that individual must use it in proportion to his faith. If it is service, he must serve; if it is teaching, he must teach; if it is exhortation, he must exhort; if it is contributing, he must do so with sincerity; if it is leadership, he must do so with diligence; if it is showing mercy, he must do so with cheerfulness.

Love must be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil, cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another with mutual love, showing eagerness in honoring one another. Do not lag in zeal, be enthusiastic in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, endure in suffering, persist in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints, pursue hospitality. Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty but associate with the lowly. Do not be conceited. Do not repay anyone evil for evil; consider what is good before all people. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all people. Do not avenge yourselves, dear friends, but give place to God’s wrath, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. Rather, if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in doing this you will be heaping burning coals on his head.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:3-21 (NET Bible)

:emot-heartbeat:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

They are in some constant state of trying to protect themselves, from spiritual attacks. 

They don't trust no one but the leadership and the pastor. They have lost some discernment. It is like a cult. With a lot of singing and praising and very strong faith, the Holy Spirit is working among themselves, but also the spirit of the pastor. Just like in some churches in the book of Revelation ..

5 hours ago, AscendedMasters333 said:

4 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

You are right that they induce a certain mental and psychological state upon themselves, so their minds are not free to think. 

They are under a state of mental isolation. And are afraid to be out of that box, even to pep out that box it is torment for some. 

This is not bad and it is isolating oneself, which it is beneficial for those who seek isolation from some vices or deep psychological and emotional pain, I leave them to the Lord. 

You don't accept oppression, needs also to be very careful, there are some very crafty spirits trying to seduce us, that's why we need the discernment of the Holy Spirit who can expose them to us. 

Paul said, by reason of use we can tell things apart.

As it is the same by getting to know them, even been under their influence for while, we get to recognize them, even when we see them at work in other people. 

:mgdetective:

Ever

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, Revelation 1:10 (American King James Version)

Wonder

Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:3 (English Standard Version)

Where All The Power Went

but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth." Acts 1:8 (New American Standard Bible)

Yeah, Me Too

Truly, truly, I tell you, he who believes in me, the works that I do, he will do also; and he will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12 (New Heart English Bible)

~

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

:emot-heartbeat:

Many Many Have This Holy Gift Of The Spirit But, I Do Not
Yet The Precarious Holy Bible Is Chrystal Clear
Tongues Are Given For Prayer And
For Edification Of Others
So Ask

Beloved Sister, You (Like So Many Others) May Be Surprised

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

~

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Thumbs Up 2