• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, Sojourner414 said:

If we see a warning from a mod pop up in Scripture, we know what happened! rofl!

Funny, as it happens, I was remarking just a few days ago, that our terms of service would have us ban Jesus, if He would not repent!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

yeah, let's not pass up the name calling that Jesus and John the immerser did!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

LOL, that Scripture is talking about the general revelation of nature regarding the existence of Creator.   It is not saying that you don't need Scripture. 

We need Scripture to know who God and what He does and to know His promises and instructions for us.  The Bible is quite necessary for us to understand that we are sinners under God's judgment and need the salvation that comes only through finished work of Jesus on the cross.

Yes, you need the Bible. We all do.   The problem is that in your unregenerate state, you are incapable of correctly understanding the Bible and what it says.

I've been saved for decades and my understanding is not connected to your point of view.  
We are different.

Edited by SkyWriting

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Actually, if you read up about Jesus, He called His opponents, "sons of Hell."  Apples to apples, Jesus said a lot of things to His opponents that were, by your standards, "unChristlike."   Jesus told His opponents that they were of their father, the devil.   He antagonized His enemies and called them hypocrites and snakes, which in that culture was pretty bad.  Jesus said things that were far worse than anything I have said.

It is interesting to note that Jesus reserved this language for the religious establishment of the day that cared more for following the letter of the law than for people.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

24 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Now that is the clincher. :24:

Agreed, that was a nice touch! :laugh:

8 hours ago, Babbler said:

I love the story of Adam and Eve. Not so much the story of creation, but from the beginning, our Father gave Man and Woman free will. Which brought choice, resulting in Man and Woman choosing to ignore the command of our Father. Having been kicked out of Eden, man began populating the Earth, not evolution. Our Father, through Abraham, demonstrated his love for man. He would not have his creation  sacrificed to him, because he loves us. Rather, he asked his son, who is one with the Father, and owner of the universe to make the sacrifice. The point being our Savior and Lord gained nothing by his sacrifice other than the purchase of our salvation. And again it comes down to freewill. To choose the Love of the Messiah, or reject his sacrifice. That is why I love our Lord. He wishes that your love for him to be given freely. The Messiah used his freewill when he paid the price for our sins.

Evolution is so impossible and such a lie.

Who is the father of all lies?

1. God is really big.  Very very big.   

2. And nothing is random.   

Now, put those two together. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

LOL, that Scripture is talking about the general revelation of nature regarding the existence of Creator.   It is not saying that you don't need Scripture. 

We need Scripture to know who God and what He does and to know His promises and instructions for us.

I can see what it's saying.

The implication is: that people without bibles are still 
witnessed to by creation.....even without any scriptures. 

Edited by SkyWriting
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/6/2017 at 8:31 PM, Enoch2021 said:

AGAIN...It takes ALL the Steps (in the correct order) to be "Scientific", which is indubitable.

Not correct.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, SkyWriting said:

I've been saved for decades and my understanding is not connected to your point of view.  
We are different.

That's not a response.  I really don't care how long you claim to have been saved.   That is not even relevant and is not a refutation.

57 minutes ago, SkyWriting said:

I can see what it's saying.

The implication is: that people without bibles are still 
witnessed to by creation.....even without any scriptures. 

LOL, yes and you got that from the Bible in Romans 1, didn't you???     :24:

The point Paul was making is that those who reject the knowledge of God are without excuse because even creation itself testifies of Him.

It is not claiming that you don't need the Bible.   The Bible IS necessary for understanding the plan of redemption, for understanding WHO God is and how He operates and thinks and not merely WHAT God is.

Sorry, but you just don't have an argument.

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, one.opinion said:

It is interesting to note that Jesus reserved this language for the religious establishment of the day that cared more for following the letter of the law than for people.

No, he reserved it for people who were doing anything but keeping the letter of the law.   Jesus' main complaint to the  religious establishment was that they were skirting the law  and making up their own rules to fulfill their own sinful self-indulgence.    These were men who rejected the law, both in letter and spirit.

You need to read your Bible a little better and be more prepared before trying to lecture me on theology.