IGNORED

Adam and Eve as Genealogical vs Genetic Ancestors

one.opinion

Guest shiloh357
22 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Cobalt brought up comments that must've been on other threads regarding homosexuality. As you must've read, since you quoted it, I didn't see any such posts here. How would you suggest correcting a post that I haven't read?

I am talking about the false teaching on THIS thread by skywriting.   I am talking about the fact that you complained against the people actually standing against his false teaching while you, yourself did nothing to counter his false teaching.   The only people you sought to correct were the ones correcting skywriting because you didn't like how they said what they said.  The fact you did nothing to counter his teaching says a lot.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I am talking about the false teaching on THIS thread by skywriting.   I am talking about the fact that you complained against the people actually standing against his false teaching while you, yourself did nothing to counter his false teaching.   The only people you sought to correct were the ones correcting skywriting because you didn't like how they said what they said.  The fact you did nothing to counter his teaching says a lot.

Exactly! thumbsup.gif

regards

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The fact that I did nothing says that I didn't see a need to add my two cents. Are you suggesting that the correction of 3-4 other individuals was insufficient, and you really needed my help to make a coherent case?

To specifically address what would need correction, scripture itself states that there is sufficient evidence in nature to lead us to God, which SkyWriting mentioned. But scripture speaks to us the words of God Himself, and is necessary to teach us of Jesus, His incarnation, His sacrifice to deliver us from the consequences of our sin, and His triumphant resurrection to offer us new life. Scripture is absolutely necessary to teach us about God, but is not needed to let us be aware of Him. I have read too many stories of individuals in "unreached" people groups that have prayed for someone to come and teach them for me to think otherwise.

Guest shiloh357
33 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

The fact that I did nothing says that I didn't see a need to add my two cents. Are you suggesting that the correction of 3-4 other individuals was insufficient, and you really needed my help to make a coherent case?

No, just noting the hypocrisy.

To specifically address what would need correction, scripture itself states that there is sufficient evidence in nature to lead us to God, which SkyWriting mentioned. But scripture speaks to us the words of God Himself, and is necessary to teach us of Jesus, His incarnation, His sacrifice to deliver us from the consequences of our sin, and His triumphant resurrection to offer us new life. Scripture is absolutely necessary to teach us about God, but is not needed to let us be aware of Him. I have read too many stories of individuals in "unreached" people groups that have prayed for someone to come and teach them for me to think otherwise.

Which shows you don't really have a clue what Skywriting was saying.  He was saying that we don't need the Bible at all, period.  Skywriting wasn't simply talking about general revelation given to us through nature that informs of God's existence.   He was using the Bible prove that we don't need the Bible, if you bothered to actually read his comments. 

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Which shows you don't really have a clue what Skywriting was saying.

Ok, so maybe an even better reason I shouldn't jump in and correct him! But you just stick with your "hypocrisy" narrative, if that floats your boat.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, one.opinion said:

Ok, so maybe an even better reason I shouldn't jump in and correct him! But you just stick with your "hypocrisy" narrative, if that floats your boat.

Or maybe it was because you actually agree with him and saw no reason to correct him, which is far more likely.

Hahahahaha! Let's pause for a minute and decide which of the contrary claims you have made is accurate and then we can proceed from there.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Or maybe it was because you actually agree with him and saw no reason to correct him, which is far more likely.

So do I not know what he was saying, or do I agree with him? Because it can't be both.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, one.opinion said:

Hahahahaha! Let's pause for a minute and decide which of the contrary claims you have made is accurate and then we can proceed from there.

So do I not know what he was saying, or do I agree with him? Because it can't be both.

I am not making contradictory claims;  I am suggesting two possibilities.  Either you are amazingly unable to comprehend and understand his false teachings, or you are in collusion with his false teachings.

23 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am not making contradictory claims;  I am suggesting two possibilities.  Either you are amazingly unable to comprehend and understand his false teachings, or you are in collusion with his false teachings.

Ah ok, my mistake. It somehow sounded like you were making an assertion here:

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

To address the second possibility, I cannot remember his exact words, but the posts on the topic at least started with his assertion that scripture is not necessary for awareness of God. His arguments might have escalated from there. Please feel free to show me exactly what he said that was false teaching, because as a third possibility, maybe I just didn't read his posts well enough. Regardless, this is what I wrote regarding the necessity of scripture.

3 hours ago, one.opinion said:

I will be happy to discuss anything you perceive in that quote as false teaching.

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Ah ok, my mistake. It somehow sounded like you were making an assertion here:

Yes, I did initially.  But then I realized later that there are actually two possibilities.

To address the second possibility, I cannot remember his exact words, but the posts on the topic at least started with his assertion that scripture is not necessary for awareness of God. His arguments might have escalated from there. Please feel free to show me exactly what he said that was false teaching, because as a third possibility, maybe I just didn't read his posts well enough. Regardless, this is what I wrote regarding the necessity of scripture.

Oh please...   You don't have to "remember" his words.  They are in this thread.  And I don't think you had any difficulty in reading his posts.   You don't have any trouble reading my posts well enough.   So I don't really believe any of that hogwash.  You know exactly what he said and it appears very likely that you agreed with it.   His views fit with your liberal, selective acceptance of Scripture.