one.opinion

Adam and Eve as Genealogical vs Genetic Ancestors

23 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Contending for the truth is actually good purpose.

I agree, contending for the truth is good and right. I never said we shouldn't do that. What I said was we shouldn't fight and bicker. There are ways to contend without resorting to behavior that is not Christ-like.

25 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Having the courage to challenge and correct their attempts at handling theology is important simply because they also have the potential to sway people away from the Christian faith.

Agreed. Challenge fervently and frequently, but do so in a manner consistent with Christian behavior.

26 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

And frankly, vigorous debate is a part of every Christian message board out there.

I have no problem with vigorous debate. Just tell me if you think this is the way Jesus would have conducted "vigorous debate":

"Sorry, but your argumentative skills are as laughable as your attempt to pretend that you know what hermeneutics are.  :24: "

On second thought, I'm pretty sure we both already know the answer to my question, so just give it some thought, instead.

For a group that vigorously defends the Bible, and rightly so, I'm just suggesting that it would be a good idea to practice what it teaches. I'm not sensitive on my own behalf, but I will mention it if you become abusive towards others. No skin off my nose if what you think you are doing is exhibiting Godly behavior.

• Oy Vey! 1

..back to the OP

What do you consider as the population basis at the time of the Flood constriction?

I read Gen 6:13(NIV)

So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.

He said destroy both. if day is to 24hr  then destroy is to uncreate.  

Because there is no separate account of words then this must have happened during The Flood. 

Uncreate can be to go back to Gen 1:2 to  'the waters' thus some people see the Flood as global. 

But Noah has nothing to land the ark on. Eden is gone. The historic landmarks are gone. Mt Everest is NOT the measure of 'the waters'... otherwise it would have been destroyed. 

In Genesis Chapter 1 God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place,and let dry ground appear.” And it was so.

God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so.

Notice that The sun does not set on His commands unfulfilled.

So the earth needs recreated and 

between Gen 8:15 and Gen9:7 three times God says in various ways :

“Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 

Does the sun set on His command unfulfilled?

14 minutes ago, dprprb said:

What do you consider as the population basis at the time of the Flood constriction?

The OP is not my hypothesis, but I suspect that my friend would say that by the time of the Flood, all people living would have been genealogical descendants of Adam and Eve.

10 hours ago, one.opinion said:

I have no problem with vigorous debate. Just tell me if you think this is the way Jesus would have conducted "vigorous debate":

"Sorry, but your argumentative skills are as laughable as your attempt to pretend that you know what hermeneutics are.  :24: "

On second thought, I'm pretty sure we both already know the answer to my question, so just give it some thought, instead.

Actually, if you read up about Jesus, He called His opponents, "sons of Hell."  Apples to apples, Jesus said a lot of things to His opponents that were, by your standards, "unChristlike."   Jesus told His opponents that they were of their father, the devil.   He antagonized His enemies and called them hypocrites and snakes, which in that culture was pretty bad.  Jesus said things that were far worse than anything I have said.  

Paul suggested, at one point, that His enemies should cut off their genitalia.  That kind of personal attack would get Paul  banned from a thread on WB. 

We have the image of "gentle Jesus, meek and mild" in our minds because that is the "Jesus" the world appreciates, not the one who will stand in judgment on them one day and send them to Hell.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

50 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

The OP is not my hypothesis, but I suspect that my friend would say that by the time of the Flood, all people living would have been genealogical descendants of Adam and Eve.

Based on what?  What evidence?

• This is Worthy 1

On 11/4/2017 at 4:06 PM, one.opinion said:

His argument leaves open the possibility of Adam and Eve as the first pair of humans, created de novo, and with a God-given ability for a spiritual relationship with God, but amid a larger population of biological humans that lacked that ability for a spiritual relationship with God. Only those with a genealogical connection to Adam and Eve would be able to enter a relationship with God.

I believe that a 'spiritual relationship' is attained only through faith, and cannot be determined through DNA investigations.

But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
(Joh 1:12-13)

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Actually, if you read up about Jesus, He called His opponents, "sons of Hell."  Apples to apples, Jesus said a lot of things to His opponents that were, by your standards, "unChristlike."   Jesus told His opponents that they were of their father, the devil.   He antagonized His enemies and called them hypocrites and snakes, which in that culture was pretty bad.  Jesus said things that were, apples to apples, far worse than anything I have said.  

Paul suggested, at one point, that His enemies should cut off their genitalia.  That kind of personal attack would get Paul  banned from a thread on WB. 

We have the image of "gentle Jesus, meek and mild" in our minds because that is the "Jesus" the world appreciates, not the one who will stand in judgment on them one day and send them to Hell.

If we see a warning from a mod pop up in Scripture, we know what happened! rofl!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I love the story of Adam and Eve. Not so much the story of creation, but from the beginning, our Father gave Man and Woman free will. Which brought choice, resulting in Man and Woman choosing to ignore the command of our Father. Having been kicked out of Eden, man began populating the Earth, not evolution. Our Father, through Abraham, demonstrated his love for man. He would not have his creation  sacrificed to him, because he loves us. Rather, he asked his son, who is one with the Father, and owner of the universe to make the sacrifice. The point being our Savior and Lord gained nothing by his sacrifice other than the purchase of our salvation. And again it comes down to freewill. To choose the Love of the Messiah, or reject his sacrifice. That is why I love our Lord. He wishes that your love for him to be given freely. The Messiah used his freewill when he paid the price for our sins.

Evolution is so impossible and such a lie.

Who is the father of all lies?

1 hour ago, Sojourner414 said:

If we see a warning from a mod pop up in Scripture, we know what happened! rofl!

Funny, as it happens, I was remarking just a few days ago, that our terms of service would have us ban Jesus, if He would not repent!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Funny, as it happens, I was remarking just a few days ago, that our terms of service would have us ban Jesus, if He would not repent!

Right? lol

In fact, I think I know how it might look if poor Paul tried to post here:

Paul on Worthy.jpg

• Haha 2