• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

17 hours ago, inchrist said:

Interesting you ignore the fact he has a phd in physics and well um you dont....

Can I ask you a question??  Why do you Quote my posts but never utter a single peep regarding the SUBSTANCE of which you Quoted?? :huh:

1.  I'm not 'ignoring' it, I'm laughing at it.

2.  Titles and Positions don't make one a Scientist.

3.  Lawrence Krauss :rolleyes: also has a PhD in Physics.

I think ill believe an actual scientists

You have some grammar issues.

I think ill believe an actual scientists with an actual phd in actual physics ...then well you, who clearly has no phd in physics ( credibility and all that)

1.  They're NOT Scientists.

2.  This is no different than 'believing' what a Priest says, without Due Diligence or Scrutiny.  In this case, you're believing Pseudo-Science Priests.

And no where did i say I was a scientists and nor are you...

1.  How can someone be "A" ScientistS ??

2.  If you are Appealing to "Science" then it would behoove you to have some "SCIENCE" Acumen...or you're gonna get Smoked; like on this thread.

3.  I have 2 Degrees in ACTUAL "Science" and worked in the discipline half my life...and still getting paid, so Technically... I'm still a Scientist. ;)

What papers have you written? Yeh i didnt think

Writing Papers doesn't make you a Scientist.  Using and following 'The Method' makes you a Scientist.

lastly let me end this conversation very quick for you.

I can't wait.

The speed of light has only been recorded from the 1700's

Straw Man Fallacy: The Average "2 Way Speed" has been recorded.  What is the "One-Way" Speed of Light...?

You have no data to confirm the speed of light has always been well constant.

I have "Data" that shows the "One-Way" Speed of Light can NEVER be known (You know, the part you WHOLESALE DODGED)...it's called Common Sense.

That the theory put togther by actual scientist with actual degrees in physics who actual have published work unlike yourself puts a very good model in place for explain the universe and the speed of ligjt being faster in the early universe.

1.  :groan:  There is no "Scientific Theory" for the Speed of Light.  You don't know what an Actual Scientific Theory is.

2.  'models' are demonstrable Pseudo-Science...

Please show "models" in the Scientific Method...? (and not "Ball-Stick" Airplane 'Models' Either !!! lol)...?

"A model is used for situations when it is known that the hypothesis has a LIMITATION ON IT'S VALIDITY." 
https://www.thoughtco.com/hypothesis-model-theory-and-law-2699066

Allow me to translate: "Pseudo-Science" ...There is no such animal as a Scientific Hypothesis with 'limited validity' it's tantamount to a woman being 'A LITTLE' PREGNANT !! 
REAL Scientific Hypotheses are either CONFIRMED or  INVALIDATED, PERIOD...End of Story!! 
Furthermore, Scientific Hypotheses do not exist in PERPETUITY or wait for more DATA !!! 'Data' comes FROM Experiments --(Hypothesis TESTS ).

3.  As demonstrated Twice, they're NOT Scientists. 

4.  Early Universe?? :rolleyes:

a.  What is the First Step of The Scientific Method??  

b.  Define Early...?

c.  Define Universe...?

If you have issues and think you know so much why dont you tak  your arrogant self up with them

I do, they call me names = Bankrupt:cool:

...and go do one son...we finished here

I'm not your son, and you were finished before you posted.

regards

• Group:  Royal Member

8 hours ago, inchrist said:

thats because i told you im not a scientist son, but somehow that didnt sink in, so instead you giving lip service  on an article i posted.

Then Please... 'Cease and Desist' from PARROTING Nonsensical Buffoonery as though it were "Science", son.

let me tell you what I actually find comical

Your Science Acumen and Grammar Skills?

who actually hasnt conducted a single shred of tests

1.  Ad Hom Fallacy.

2.  Again, Grammatically Incoherent.

3.  How do you know I haven't conducted Experiments, son?  And even if I haven't, does that Ipso Facto Preclude me from knowing the tenets of The Scientific Method or what and how an Experiment is conducted?

nor written anything that has been published

1.  Ad Hom Fallacy.

2.  How do you know I haven't Published anything, son?  And even if I haven't, does that Ipso Facto Preclude me from knowing the tenets of The Scientific Method or what and how an Experiment is conducted?

nor actually has a degree in physics but your the real scientist?

1.  Ad Hom Fallacy.

2.  Physics is not the ONLY Science. :rolleyes:

I'll take their research and credibility over yours any day

1.  Well as alluded to previously, because you 'believe' what you're told to believe by demonstrated Pseudo-Science Priests without Due Diligence or Personal Scrutiny.

2.  They don't have any "Scientific Research", son.  Watch...

Please post ONE Shred of actual "Scientific Research" from any of your Pseudo-Science Priests:

a.  What Phenomenon was Observed...?
b.  Post the Formal Scientific Hypothesis then EXPERIMENT that validates your claim...?
c.  Highlight the "Independent Variable" that was used in the TEST...?
d.  Post the Null Hypothesis that was Rejected/Falsified...?

JUST ONE, so as to SUPPORT you Fairytale Baseless Claim here.....????

reread what I wrote

Why??  So you can continue WHOLESALE DODGING rebuttals to your Trainwrecks?

You claimed...

"That the theory put togther by actual scientist with actual degrees in physics who actual have published work unlike yourself puts a very good model in place for explain the universe and the speed of ligjt being faster in the early universe."

Sooooooooo AGAIN...

1.  :groan:  There is no "Scientific Theory" for the Speed of Light.  You don't know what an Actual Scientific Theory is.

2.  'models' are demonstrable Pseudo-Science...

Please show "models" in the Scientific Method...? (and not "Ball-Stick" Airplane 'Models' Either !!! lol)...?

"A model is used for situations when it is known that the hypothesis has a LIMITATION ON IT'S VALIDITY." 
https://www.thoughtco.com/hypothesis-model-theory-and-law-2699066

Allow me to translate: "Pseudo-Science" ...There is no such animal as a Scientific Hypothesis with 'limited validity' it's tantamount to a woman being 'A LITTLE' PREGNANT !! 
REAL Scientific Hypotheses are either CONFIRMED or  INVALIDATED, PERIOD...End of Story!! 
Furthermore, Scientific Hypotheses do not exist in PERPETUITY or wait for more DATA !!! 'Data' comes FROM Experiments --(Hypothesis TESTS ).

3.  As demonstrated Twice, they're NOT Scientists. 

4.  Early Universe?? :rolleyes:

a.  What is the First Step of The Scientific Method??  

b.  Define Early...?

c.  Define Universe...?

clearly reading skills is another issue for you

:huh:  You charge me with questionable reading skills after your numerous documented Grammatical Trainwrecks? :rolleyes:

It's tantamount to Pol Pot charging the Dalai Lama with Genocide !!! 

LOL I wonder why?

Easy.  You wouldn't know what ACTUAL "Science" was if it landed on your head, spun around, and whistled dixie.  So in lieu of your impotence, you substitute Logical Fallacies: Ad Homs, Baseless 'bare' Assertions, and feeble Red Herring (Diversions) in a feeble clumsy attempt to cloak your impotence.  It's not Supernatural.  You can witness the same behavior on 2nd Grade Playgrounds throughout the World.

Thanks for Explicitly Illustrating it for us.

regards

12 hours ago, inchrist said:

Yes actually, because clearly you can't read....

From the article "Measurements revealed that the structured light consistently arrived several micrometers late per meter of distance traveled. 

Well let's see...

a.  What Phenomenon was Observed...?
b.  Post the Formal Scientific Hypothesis then EXPERIMENT that validates his claim...?
c.  Highlight the "Independent Variable" that was used in the TEST...?
d.  Post the Null Hypothesis that was Rejected/Falsified...?

See, real scientists conducting real tests

1.  Validate that he's a Scientist...?

2.  Well we're gonna see if it's a REAL Test, once you answer abcd above.

you on the other hand....not a real scientist (I hate to burst your bubble).

Au Contraire.

Again I'll take their actual studies over your non scientific opinion all day long.....it's really that black and white my boy.

And as I Retorted before: Because you 'believe' what you're told to believe by demonstrated Pseudo-Science Priests without Due Diligence or Personal Scrutiny.

It's more like Black & Blue.

regards

12 hours ago, inchrist said:

Interesting Bill Nye I posted the link

https://journals.aps.org/prd/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevD.94.101301

Instead I find you side tracking the entire time.

:groan:  What on Earth is this?? 

An 'Abstract' for "Critical geometry of a thermal big bang" ??  

Actual Non-Sequitur Fallacies are Blushing.  If you would have posted a recipe for a Pineapple Upside Down Cake it would have been more Relevant and Coherent!!

oy vey

ps.  Bill Nye is a "Pretender Clown".

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.13

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:
On 11/12/2017 at 4:49 PM, inchrist said:

Cobalt listen to me, i posted a link which i thought was interesting for the person i intended it for.

No where did you see me attacking him....big difference ....and no where did I force my opinion on him.....in fact i was going to be rather nice to the guy, considering the attacks he was getting.

I'll post your comment again:

Dont mind them....the crowed you debating with purely travel in packs to continually subject and bully those to their brand of truth.

There is no misunderstanding the sentiment in the above sentence.

In all fairness, SkyWriting had a target painted on him and about 3-4 regular posters became somewhat verbally abusive. I think one poster suggested that he had mental problems. This is apparently acceptable behavior to some posters here since Jesus had very stern words for the Pharisees. I would suggest that Jesus had that right, as the Son of God, we do not. It certainly looked to me like a pack decided that he needed to be confronted. It is good and right to correct someone if you think they are wrong, but there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. The wrong way was chosen.

3 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

if you are going to come onto a Christian forum and assume the position of being the Prophet from the mountaintop sent to tell the unwashed masses that homosexuality is now perfectly OK to God

I didn't see any such posts here, but certainly such views would be unbiblical. Again, there is a right way and a wrong way.

Guest shiloh357
12 hours ago, one.opinion said:

In all fairness, SkyWriting had a target painted on him and about 3-4 regular posters became somewhat verbally abusive. I think one poster suggested that he had mental problems. This is apparently acceptable behavior to some posters here since Jesus had very stern words for the Pharisees. I would suggest that Jesus had that right, as the Son of God, we do not. It certainly looked to me like a pack decided that he needed to be confronted. It is good and right to correct someone if you think they are wrong, but there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. The wrong way was chosen.

Based on the posts of SkyWriting that have followed, our harsh assessment was full warranted.   He has pretty much confirmed everything we noted from the start about him.  We did nothing wrong.

I would suggest that Jesus had that right, as the Son of God, we do not.

Better tell that to Paul and John the Baptist.   Paul suggested his opponents should cut off their own genitalia.

9 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

if I and others here are to be regarded by folks on this board as "wrong" for speaking out against it, then that shows how far things here have truly fallen.

I did not regard speaking out as wrong, and I don't believe anyone else did, either. Let's look at what I actually wrote:

15 hours ago, one.opinion said:

It is good and right to correct someone if you think they are wrong, but there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. The wrong way was chosen.

If you are bemoaning how much "things here have truly fallen", I would suggest reading enough to avoid misrepresenting what others say.

Guest shiloh357
On 11/14/2017 at 5:36 PM, one.opinion said:

I didn't see any such posts here, but certainly such views would be unbiblical. Again, there is a right way and a wrong way.

And you did neither. 

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:
On 11/14/2017 at 5:36 PM, one.opinion said:

And you did neither.

Cobalt brought up comments that must've been on other threads regarding homosexuality. As you must've read, since you quoted it, I didn't see any such posts here. How would you suggest correcting a post that I haven't read?