• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.13
  • Days Won:  4

9 minutes ago, Enoch2021 said:

Ya see, this is the reason I asked you specific questions and to "unpack" everything from above. This is somewhat Incoherent and Disjointed/Convoluted.  Why?  Well because your Main Idea, correct if I'm wrong, was...

"I wrote this book out of frustration that those who represent the gospel are often caustic and harsh, picking fights with those whose views are hostile to theirs"

With this ^^^^, your alleged contention is between Christians and Non-Christians, Correct?

But you switch and now it's "us fight and bicker amongst ourselves"; "US" and "Ourselves" (with "agnostics and unbelievers" watching).

So, who is the "US" and "Ourselves" ??  Then, how does this relate to The Main Idea: Christians and Non-Christians...?

This is a good point. Although the original quote was referring more to Christians and Non-Christians, it is my belief that the principle should be extended to include how Christians interact together. As a fruit of the Spirit, kindness should be shared in all of our interactions.

22 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

to discipline, to judge,  to watch out for the deception of sin (that you can easily and apparently fell into) in one another, and so on over and over and over.

There are kind ways to do this, and unkind ways. I think we should strive for the kind ways.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

9 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

There are kind ways to do this, and unkind ways. I think we should strive for the kind ways.

Being kind in all ways possible is a natural,  no stress, no striving, result of being born again.

Using the judgment Yahweh gives, as He says, is included in being born again,  for free also.

As Yahweh always says "open rebuke is better than hidden love";  besides all the warnings in New Testament and OT about the need to Judge as He Judges - Righteously , as Jesus teaches/ taught all the Apostles and disciples who followed / follow Him.

Saying "don't judge me" is either starting in error of what judgement is and that judgment is needed, (very common mistake) ,

or not realizing to say "don't condemn me" (don't judge with a condemning judgment),  which is  thus in line with all Scripture.

The 3 or more methods/ ways/ means/ words of "Judgment" are all translated "judge/Judgement" in English,  instead of showing the difference in the original meaning(s).

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

1 hour ago, one.opinion said:

This is a good point.

Thanks, I thought so.

Although the original quote was referring more to Christians and Non-Christians, it is my belief that the principle should be extended to include how Christians interact together.

Agreed, and I always find this to be the case.

However in "Forums" where people really don't know each other (No Face to Face), there's a different dynamic.  Again, I speak from my own personal perspective...

There are many people who claim they are something, when they are not.  The only way to tell is by the words that are written...and there can be many limitations in this genre... granted, but I do my best. 

It's been my experience that there are...how should we say, "Roosters in the Hen House" or "Wolves in Sheep's Clothing" that have ulterior motives if you get my drift (Not counting the "Crazies").  I can usually spot them from 500,000 Light Years away... and then I ask PROBING questions to confirm. ;) (Sometimes, they're not even needed...it's Prima Facie)  It's actually quite easy to confirm.  Then, this is the part they don't like... I EXPOSE THEM.  Now this is where it gets interesting and has some connections with your overall point AND which can be manipulated...

Ya see, Most Know that Christians "Should Be": restrained, polite, tolerant ect ect... and they will use that to gain advantage, an edge... so as to Promote they're "EVERY WIND OF DOCTRINE" Buffoonery under the guise of Christianity.  

Personally, I have No Patience WHAT-SO-FRIGGIN-EVER for that Codswallop Horse Pucky and will turret a plethora of 18 Inch Guns in their general direction and start Launching a Barrage of Volkswagen's.  Get where I'm comin from?

So if you (or anyone else) wanna 'Label' that as: Unkind, Unloving, Un-Christian Like, Whatever... well then you just knock yourself out; but it's not gonna affect the swiveling turret, trigger finger, or the heavy launch rapidity of the Volkswagen's one iota.  K?

Thanks, Have a Nice Day. :D

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, one.opinion said:

There are agnostics and unbelievers that read these forums and read us fight and bicker amongst ourselves for no good purpose.

Contending for the truth is actually good purpose.  We have plenty of these atheists and agnostics and liberal Christians (who pretty much think just like atheists and agnostics) who come on this board to discredit the Bible and the Christian faith.   Having the courage to challenge and correct their attempts at handling theology is important simply because they also have the potential to sway people away from the Christian faith.

If you don't want to be disagreed with, don't start a debate.

Why would they be attracted to Christianity if we don't offer anything good and wholesome in our interactions with one another? Before anyone thinks I am pointing fingers at them, I have admitted my own wrongdoing in this area, and am making efforts toward more Christ-like dialogue. I'm certain our Heavenly Father would appreciate all our efforts in this regard.

We are offering true doctrine as opposed to the false doctrines and false teachings that are regularly posted on these boards.  And frankly, vigorous debate is a part of every Christian message board out there.   No one has been mistreated.   So there is no reason to get overly sensitive.  If you don't want vigorous debate then don't post.  It's that simple.

23 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Contending for the truth is actually good purpose.

I agree, contending for the truth is good and right. I never said we shouldn't do that. What I said was we shouldn't fight and bicker. There are ways to contend without resorting to behavior that is not Christ-like.

25 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Having the courage to challenge and correct their attempts at handling theology is important simply because they also have the potential to sway people away from the Christian faith.

Agreed. Challenge fervently and frequently, but do so in a manner consistent with Christian behavior.

26 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

And frankly, vigorous debate is a part of every Christian message board out there.

I have no problem with vigorous debate. Just tell me if you think this is the way Jesus would have conducted "vigorous debate":

"Sorry, but your argumentative skills are as laughable as your attempt to pretend that you know what hermeneutics are.  :24: "

On second thought, I'm pretty sure we both already know the answer to my question, so just give it some thought, instead.

For a group that vigorously defends the Bible, and rightly so, I'm just suggesting that it would be a good idea to practice what it teaches. I'm not sensitive on my own behalf, but I will mention it if you become abusive towards others. No skin off my nose if what you think you are doing is exhibiting Godly behavior.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

..back to the OP

What do you consider as the population basis at the time of the Flood constriction?

I read Gen 6:13(NIV)

So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.

He said destroy both. if day is to 24hr  then destroy is to uncreate.  

Because there is no separate account of words then this must have happened during The Flood. 

Uncreate can be to go back to Gen 1:2 to  'the waters' thus some people see the Flood as global. 

But Noah has nothing to land the ark on. Eden is gone. The historic landmarks are gone. Mt Everest is NOT the measure of 'the waters'... otherwise it would have been destroyed. 

In Genesis Chapter 1 God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place,and let dry ground appear.” And it was so.

God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so.

Notice that The sun does not set on His commands unfulfilled.

So the earth needs recreated and 

between Gen 8:15 and Gen9:7 three times God says in various ways :

“Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. 

Does the sun set on His command unfulfilled?

14 minutes ago, dprprb said:

What do you consider as the population basis at the time of the Flood constriction?

The OP is not my hypothesis, but I suspect that my friend would say that by the time of the Flood, all people living would have been genealogical descendants of Adam and Eve.

Guest shiloh357
10 hours ago, one.opinion said:

I have no problem with vigorous debate. Just tell me if you think this is the way Jesus would have conducted "vigorous debate":

"Sorry, but your argumentative skills are as laughable as your attempt to pretend that you know what hermeneutics are.  :24: "

On second thought, I'm pretty sure we both already know the answer to my question, so just give it some thought, instead.

Actually, if you read up about Jesus, He called His opponents, "sons of Hell."  Apples to apples, Jesus said a lot of things to His opponents that were, by your standards, "unChristlike."   Jesus told His opponents that they were of their father, the devil.   He antagonized His enemies and called them hypocrites and snakes, which in that culture was pretty bad.  Jesus said things that were far worse than anything I have said.  

Paul suggested, at one point, that His enemies should cut off their genitalia.  That kind of personal attack would get Paul  banned from a thread on WB. 

We have the image of "gentle Jesus, meek and mild" in our minds because that is the "Jesus" the world appreciates, not the one who will stand in judgment on them one day and send them to Hell.

Guest shiloh357
50 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

The OP is not my hypothesis, but I suspect that my friend would say that by the time of the Flood, all people living would have been genealogical descendants of Adam and Eve.

Based on what?  What evidence?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

I love the story of Adam and Eve. Not so much the story of creation, but from the beginning, our Father gave Man and Woman free will. Which brought choice, resulting in Man and Woman choosing to ignore the command of our Father. Having been kicked out of Eden, man began populating the Earth, not evolution. Our Father, through Abraham, demonstrated his love for man. He would not have his creation  sacrificed to him, because he loves us. Rather, he asked his son, who is one with the Father, and owner of the universe to make the sacrifice. The point being our Savior and Lord gained nothing by his sacrifice other than the purchase of our salvation. And again it comes down to freewill. To choose the Love of the Messiah, or reject his sacrifice. That is why I love our Lord. He wishes that your love for him to be given freely. The Messiah used his freewill when he paid the price for our sins.

Evolution is so impossible and such a lie.

Who is the father of all lies?