• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

3 Nephi 28:4-8 speaks of three men who were told by Jesus that they would never die, but would remain on Earth until His second coming. However, the Bible is clear in explaining that God has “appointed” man to die (Hebrews 9:27). Such a tale is so imaginary many Mormons are reluctant to admit they believe it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

In our world there is much disinformation. In the christian church there is also disinformation.

I am unsure which in the eyes of the Lord is worse. The Lukewarm church, or the ones opposed to it.

You will have to decide. 

So go ahead and witness to the Mormons. They are loved as much as anyone.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

In our world there is much disinformation. In the christian church there is also disinformation.

I am unsure which in the eyes of the Lord is worse. The Lukewarm church, or the ones opposed to it.

You will have to decide. 

Really? Are they?  What makes you suggest that?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

44 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

You will have to decide. 

Justin ponder this for just a minute.       I have this AGAINST you, you ALLOW that false prophetess to TEACH and Seduce my people.

BELIEVE ME,  not only are we to warn against them and if we see them try and bring them TO THE REAL LIGHT ,

we supposed to warn out.   The Mormons follow NOT GOD.  if one does not repent of that darkness, they have no eternal life and their end is certain destruction.

WARN as many as you can.  

• Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Really? Are they?  What makes you suggest that?

Hello.

Do you mean me to explain why God loves them? Or what? 

Assuming you want me to explain why God loves them just like you and me it is because He said so.
I have worked with many Mormons, I have discussed with many of them. I have found them to be just ordinary misguided humans most of whom have been born into the church of Latter Day. They have no more clue about what they believe than most. They are readily teachable I have found and hold their church as more a giant social club more than anything.

They are not beyond being reached with the gospel. Below is an excerpt of "Ex-Mormon Christians United for Jesus".
[http://www.unveilingmormonism.com/ministering_to_mormons/]

As we travel around the country each year, one of the most common questions people ask us is, “Do you have any advice on how to minister to my Mormon friends/family?” To preface this, there is no "magic bullet" point that you can bring up that will impact every Mormon person the same. There are a number of different elements that contribute to what would be the right thing to say to a certain person in a certain situation. Each person, relationship, circumstance, and environment is different. Because of this, we have compiled a list of general guidelines that may help as you minister to your Mormon friends and family. These ideas come from our years of experience having been raised Mormon, as well as approaches that we have implemented in our own ministry as we have reached out to the LDS people over the years. Our desire is to help you minister with greater power in the Holy Spirit, clarity and love to your LDS friends and family.

1. Pray for and love them

First, it is imperative that you have a heart overflowing with love and compassion for your LDS friends and family. Let your love for them and your desire for their salvation motivate you to lovingly share the Good News of Jesus Christ. Take note of Paul's heart toward his former people, the Jews:

"Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." (Romans 10:1-4)

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

The Book of Mormon doesn't contain an error...it IS an error.  Mormons are not Christians and their 'Book' is no more Scriptural than the Qur'an.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

There is nothing to argue about the OP statement. If the mormons live by  their doctrines and it is in their holy books, then what are  they expected to believe, not what is written in there.   It is for the Christian to state it as a false doctrine as this is not in the bible and Christians do not believe the book of mormon are the word of God period.  

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

49 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Hello.

Do you mean me to explain why God loves them? Or what? 

Assuming you want me to explain why God loves them just like you and me it is because He said so.
I have worked with many Mormons, I have discussed with many of them. I have found them to be just ordinary misguided humans most of whom have been born into the church of Latter Day. They have no more clue about what they believe than most. They are readily teachable I have found and hold their church as more a giant social club more than anything.

They are not beyond being reached with the gospel. Below is an excerpt of "Ex-Mormon Christians United for Jesus".
[http://www.unveilingmormonism.com/ministering_to_mormons/]

As we travel around the country each year, one of the most common questions people ask us is, “Do you have any advice on how to minister to my Mormon friends/family?” To preface this, there is no "magic bullet" point that you can bring up that will impact every Mormon person the same. There are a number of different elements that contribute to what would be the right thing to say to a certain person in a certain situation. Each person, relationship, circumstance, and environment is different. Because of this, we have compiled a list of general guidelines that may help as you minister to your Mormon friends and family. These ideas come from our years of experience having been raised Mormon, as well as approaches that we have implemented in our own ministry as we have reached out to the LDS people over the years. Our desire is to help you minister with greater power in the Holy Spirit, clarity and love to your LDS friends and family.

1. Pray for and love them

First, it is imperative that you have a heart overflowing with love and compassion for your LDS friends and family. Let your love for them and your desire for their salvation motivate you to lovingly share the Good News of Jesus Christ. Take note of Paul's heart toward his former people, the Jews:

"Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." (Romans 10:1-4)

Hi, Yes I am asking you to defend or simply give some fuller  fleshing out of  your premise that God loves Mormons just like "anyone", whoever "anyone" may be.

Seems to me God may not love everyone. He stated for example that He did not love Esau and Jacob alike. In fact one he hated one even while in he was still the womb of their mother.

It might be good to be able to have your thoughts reconciled to the notion that not all are loved, and that some may be hated. I see that as different from what I am to feel and do.  Malachi 1 and Romans 9 tells me that is purpose served by God in his hatred of some individuals,  people, and nations. So does God love all individuals?

Yes He so loved the world that He gave his son so that many may be saved- but all are not saved by the sacrifice made willingly by Jesus in obedience to the will of His Father.  So yes I do I seek your point of view and a reconciliation of your statement with statements in the Bible that God has had hate within Him for specific individuals and tribes and nations, as well as love.

Edited by Neighbor

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

So yes I do I seek your point of view and a reconciliation of your statement with statements in the Bible that God has had hate within Him for specific individuals and tribes and nations, as well as love.

Hello again. Would you say that you are a Calvinist? Some of what you say seems a bit like Calvinism.

55 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

The Book of Mormon doesn't contain an error...it IS an error.  Mormons are not Christians and their 'Book' is no more Scriptural than the Qur'an.

I agree with that. It is a very sad book.
I also know of Christian ministry to these people as well. That is why I posted that link.