zorgblar

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

1.If God is all powerful why didn't he stop the the whole jesus going to the cross thing from happening?Why didn't he use his supernatural powers to stop it?

2.When God is finally on the New Earth at the end of time.Do you think he will us his supernatural powers to erase his memories about jesus being on the cross? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 hour ago, zorgblar said:

1.If God is all powerful why didn't he stop the the whole jesus going to the cross thing from happening?Why didn't he use his supernatural powers to stop it?

Love. Love. Love. Certainly He could have done that, as it happened when they first tried to kill Him.

"So all those in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,
and rose up and thrust Him out of the city; and they led Him to the brow of the hill on which their city was built, that they might throw Him down over the cliff.
Then passing through the midst of them, He went His way." - Luke 4:28-30

But no one can take His life, it was He who gave it for us.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again.
No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. 
This command I have received from My Father." - John 10:17-18

He did not came to do His own will, but the will of the Father.

"For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me." - John 6:38

A love greater than this?! Not possible.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends." - John 15:13

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

4 hours ago, zorgblar said:

2.When God is finally on the New Earth at the end of time.Do you think he will us his supernatural powers to erase his memories about jesus being on the cross? 

Just because he has the power doesnt mean he has to use it...like Jesus on the cross, that was all in God's plan...He's not going to intervene and counteract His own plan... wouldn't make sense.

As to your second question...no I don't think He will. His sacrifice and Resurrection was His victory over sin. No sense In forgetting that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  21

6 hours ago, zorgblar said:

1. Like Pat said, why would he stop His own plan. Jesus going to the Cross was the Father's redemption for mankind, the only way to bring us back into fellowship with Him. Jesus Himself could have called thousands of angels to take Him down from the Cross had He wanted but He understood that His concurring death was the only way for right relationship to be restored. 

2. Nope, not at all. Why would He "erase" from our memories His greatest act of love?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, zorgblar said:

Hi,

"the Jesus going to the cross thing" - Really, that's the way you want to frame a question?

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

"the Jesus going to the cross thing" - Really, that's the way you want to frame a question?

I framed it like that.Because if God is all powerful why couldn't he just find another way to do it?Think about the word all powerful for a second and you will get what i mean.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

8 hours ago, zorgblar said:

I framed it like that.Because if God is all powerful why couldn't he just find another way to do it?Think about the word all powerful for a second and you will get what i mean.

I am afraid I do get exactly what you mean. Sorry for your plight. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

17 hours ago, zorgblar said:

1. Because that was God's plan for this earth. That was His plan for our salvation if we choose to believe in Jesus Christ.

2. I don't know what God will do.....ever. I am not God.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

His love would send the SON so as we mere sinners could be saved from HIS HOLY RIGHTEOUS WRATH which will one day destroy all evil.

IT was the only way to save those He loved.  GODS JUDGMENT is RIGHTEOUS against all evil.  

In fact if we had all ended up in hell , well it was what we all earned.  

BUT The LOVE of GOD made a way out .   THE ONLY WAY OUT .  as in ONLY way out .   gotta say it a few times since interfaith seems to be gaining ground.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

9 hours ago, zorgblar said:

Perhaps because we needed to see the seriousness of sin and its consequences. Perhaps we needed to see the depths of His love for us through His sacrifice on our behalfs.