• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

42 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

People are being advised to not take the supplements.

1. They may not make a huge difference.

2. They are not regulated by the FDA.

3. There can be significant side effects in taking supplements.

That does not mean that you should not eat a good Greek yogurt occasionally such as Chobani. Just don't over do it.

I saw a nurse on FB recently refused flu shot that was recently made mandatory for hospital staff saying things it is made of is the worst thing to put in your body and the rna changes every year so a flu shot is just a guess which strain shows up one can still get flu even with the shot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, coheir said:

I saw a nurse on FB recently refused flu shot that was recently made mandatory for hospital staff saying things it is made of is the worst thing to put in your body and the rna changes every year so a flu shot is just a guess which strain shows up one can still get flu even with the shot

What is worse getting the flu,which could kill you, especially the secondary complications, or getting the flu shot which could save your life? It is possible to get the flu after getting the flu shot. The chances are slim and it would be a much less case of the flu. Not so life threatening. I have been getting the flu shot for years. I do not glow in the dark :) and I have not had pneumonia( I have had pneumonia three times in my life). That is a secondary complication from the flu that can kill you. I am surprised that nurses are refusing the flu shot and are telling the public such things.

Yes, the CDC does take an intellectual guess every year what virus's will be out. But it is still a very good choice to risk that and get the shot. Also the shoot you with a dead virus. It is impossible to get the flu from a flu shot.You may have some soreness at the sight and even a possible slight fever. That is why I take Tylenol the day I get the shot.  Although you are at risk for about two weeks after you get the flu shot. Until your titers take effect you can get the flu in that time. That is why it is important to get the vaccination early before the flu season hits.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

19 minutes ago, coheir said:

Every time you take a flu shot you expose your immune system to the dead virus....   and that immune reaction lasts longer than 12 months so if you get the shots every year, you build up a resistance to many different versions of the virus....     and even partial matches help fight off the infection and make it less viral and easier to get rid of.

I worked for Xerox for nearly 40 years in hundreds of offices and we exposed to just about everything that comes along....    while I do have allergies, the flue I have not had since the early 70's when I started taking the shots.

I had two managers that would not let you take sick days if you had the flu if you hadn't taken the shots.  Company made arrangements for us to get them free for many years before insurance companies started paying for them.

I would say though that I have taken the individual dosage where none of the preservatives are added and that gets rid of most of the things that the nurse was concerned about.   Even Medicare covers the extra cost of that. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Seems like nobody watches what the FDA and AMA says anymore,    ..... .....  voluntary blindness ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=ama+says+flu+shot+causes+miscarriages&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, coheir said:

A very close friend of mine, and he was my supervisor at the mine I worked at said he took his boy to his doctor to have his vaccination shots which are mandatory here in Aus. now or one is not allowed to attend pre-school.

His doctor said, "If you want your boy to grow up fit healthy, I would not do this if I was you, in fact to tell you the truth, I refuse to vaccinate my own children."

None of my children were vaccinated and they all grew up very healthy, very fit, exceeded in all their sports, cam near the top of their class throughout their school years, when all their friends were either sick with some disease, had the flue, had chicken pox, one of their friends got encephalitis after the small pox needle, nearly died. Another friend who was fit and healthy ended up being slightly retarded by the time he reached the age of 12.

Another true event. The company I worked for said they would like all their employees to have a hepatitis shot, absolutely free, they would pay for everything, and it was voluntary.

Many took up the offer. One man on my crew and shift never turned up for work a week or two after he had the shot. Weeks went by and we were concerned and approached the manager and asked where he was. He said I have no idea and he would look into it.

Another week went by and he turned up. I asked him where he had been. He said, he was in hospital, severely ill, nearly died. I asked him what sickness did he have. He was in hospital recovering from a severe case of hepatitis B.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/8/2017 at 1:31 PM, missmuffet said:

Yes, but you are excusing the very well known risks of drinking alcohol. I am sure that comparing drinking alcohol and eating white beans are two very different scenarios. You could say the same thing for smokers. Why quit if there are other risk factors all around us.

If drinking wine (alcohol) was good enough for my Lord and His Apostles then it's good enough for me.  God's Word condemns "drunkenness," "Excess" (whether food, drink, whatever) not "alcohol" in and of itself.

Joh 2:3-10 NKJV And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, "They have no wine." 4 Jesus said to her, "Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come." 5 His mother said to the servants, "Whatever He says to you, do it." 6 Now there were set there six waterpots of stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece. 7 Jesus said to them, "Fill the waterpots with water." And they filled them up to the brim. 8 And He said to them, "Draw some out now, and take it to the master of the feast." And they took it. 9 When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom. 10 And he said to him, "Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!"

2:3-10

Water into “Wine”?

·                             Did Jesus convert water into “wine” or “grape juice”?

·                             This is a great debate going on in the Western churches, rooted in the Fundamentalist/Temperance movements of the 1800’s, that revolves around the term “wine” used here and elsewhere in Scripture.  Those whose roots are in Fundamentalism and the Temperance movements insist that what Jesus turned the water into here, or that Paul told Timothy to drink in 1st Timothy 5:23, was not “wine” as we know it today, the fermented product of the grape, but rather, nothing more than “grape juice.”  Well, a simple comparison of those two passages with one other is sufficient to dispense with that argument.

·                  The Greek term translated as wine in both John 2:3-10 (3x) and 1st Timothy 5:23 (1x) is  Strong’s #G3631 οἶνος Oinos, wine.  This is the exact same term used in Paul’s admonition against drunkenness in Ephesians 5:18, “And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,”(Eph 5:18 NKJ Bold, underline and italics added for emphasis).

·                  I rest my case.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, Michael Fernandez said:

If drinking wine (alcohol) was good enough for my Lord and His Apostles then it's good enough for me.  God's Word condemns "drunkenness," "Excess" (whether food, drink, whatever) not "alcohol" in and of itself.

Joh 2:3-10 NKJV And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, "They have no wine." 4 Jesus said to her, "Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come." 5 His mother said to the servants, "Whatever He says to you, do it." 6 Now there were set there six waterpots of stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece. 7 Jesus said to them, "Fill the waterpots with water." And they filled them up to the brim. 8 And He said to them, "Draw some out now, and take it to the master of the feast." And they took it. 9 When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom. 10 And he said to him, "Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!"

2:3-10

Water into “Wine”?

·                             Did Jesus convert water into “wine” or “grape juice”?

·                             This is a great debate going on in the Western churches, rooted in the Fundamentalist/Temperance movements of the 1800’s, that revolves around the term “wine” used here and elsewhere in Scripture.  Those whose roots are in Fundamentalism and the Temperance movements insist that what Jesus turned the water into here, or that Paul told Timothy to drink in 1st Timothy 5:23, was not “wine” as we know it today, the fermented product of the grape, but rather, nothing more than “grape juice.”  Well, a simple comparison of those two passages with one other is sufficient to dispense with that argument.

·                  The Greek term translated as wine in both John 2:3-10 (3x) and 1st Timothy 5:23 (1x) is  Strong’s #G3631 οἶνος Oinos, wine.  This is the exact same term used in Paul’s admonition against drunkenness in Ephesians 5:18, “And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,”(Eph 5:18 NKJ Bold, underline and italics added for emphasis).

·                  I rest my case.

But how much wine did Jesus drink? Everyday? Did he get intoxicated? Our wine is different today than it was then.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/8/2017 at 2:59 PM, coheir said:

I drink one beer a week at most. I do not use white sugar or white bread. 99% of food I consume I cook myself. I drink a soft drink about 3 per year.

I eat lots of greens, white beans, nuts, berries and drink about 15 12oz glasses of water a day.  So i guess one can say I eat what i want.

You sound a lot like me.  I drink maybe 2 or 3 six packs of good German beer per year.  1-2 bottles of good Single Malt Scotch per year, maybe a 6 pack or two of soda per year.  I cook my own food, avoid refined sugars, boxed foods.  I don't drink as much water as I should but, hey, who's perfect.

21 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

But how much wine did Jesus drink? Everyday? Did he get intoxicated? Our wine is different today than it was then.

He likely drank it daily as water supplies back then were highly suspect, it was the common practice to drink wine/water mixture in order to help purify the water.  Further, wine, in moderation is also a well known digestive aid, thus Paul's admonition to Timothy to "drink a little wine for your stomach's sake" (cf. 1st. Timothy 5:23). 

Did Christ ever get "intoxicated"?  No, of course not.  We are told to avoid intoxication, not drinking at all.  Moreover, there are times when a few drinks are even appropriate per Scripture, celebrations (i.e., Wedding in Cana where Christ made more wine because they ran out.  cf. Psalm 104:15; Times of great sorrow, cf. Proverbs 31"6-7).  

Moreover, what we eat or drink in moderation doesn't hurt us.  It is when we overindulge, gluttony (whether gluttony of food or drink), drunkenness are condemned as sin, not eating or drinking.  

I don't use white refined sugar as a general rule.  I sometimes use it to bake, but rarely as I believe Turbinado sugar is better.  But, when I eat out, I give thanks to God for my food and drink and ask God's blessing upon them and He does.

As for "our wine is different," no, not really, wine is wine, fermented grape, alcohol.  The alcohol content may be higher or lower depending on the wine, but it's still "alcohol."

Edited by Michael Fernandez

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Besides the Book "Sipping Saints" by David Wilkerson last century,  (proving from Scripture),

here's a tidbit for those seeking truth (of course everyone says )....

http://www.johnhamelministries.org/wine_lie_Jesus.htm

excerpt below:   (see last line "Disobedience is SIN, and JESUS never SINNED" .... and keep seeking Yahweh's Kingdom.)

"Taking Jesus' Miracle Out of Context to Justify Wrongdoing

One Sunday morning while preparing for a service, a young Christian man who had previously attended our services approached me.  He explained that he wouldn’t be in Church that morning because he’d been out drinking alcohol all night.  He then actually attempted to justify himself by explaining, “Jesus didn’t have a problem with wine.  He drank it Himself.”  He even claimed he could prove it from the Bible.  Hung-over and stupefied, he stood there dumfounded as I corrected this popular lie using the same Bible he referred me to.

I immediately took him to the following Scripture passage in Isaiah.  

“Thus saith the Lord, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants' sakes, that I may not destroy them all.” (Isaiah 65:8)

I shared with this inebriated young Christian that when grapes are still on the vine and "in the cluster" God refers to the non-alcoholic juice contained within the grapes as “wine.”  

“Grape juice still in the cluster is not fermented wine,” I explained.  “It is unfermented wine.  It is grape juice.  

"There are two kinds of ‘wine’ referred to in the Bible.  Fermented and unfermented.”

I explained that Jesus neither drank nor created fermented, alcoholic wine.  That would have been disobedience to His Father’s Word.  Disobedience is sin and Jesus never sinned."